EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-14-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Frozen.F80
Registered
Rep
Drives: 18' Frozen Black F80 ZCP

Wrapping a Frozen paint?

I was thinking about wrapping most of the back fenders with Xpel Stealth. Mainly because the small rocks that are put down for ice. My only worry is if it will ruin the matte paint when removed?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

It shouldn't. Frozen paint is the same as regular paint, except for the flattening agent in the clear coat. So it should be ok with a clear wrap.

I wrapped my FG M4 without hesitation...i haven't tried to peel it off, of course, but I'm not worried about it getting damaged when i do.

The only thing i made sure of was that i used an installer that had done many matte finish cars before, just so he knew everything to expect. I also had him ceramic coat the car, for which i would definitely say you need an installer that knows how to prep a matte car and what products to use.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 08:00 AM   #3
FrozenF80
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black F80 M3

I was told by my installer (Xpel Stealth) it would be not problem, they have wrapped and unwrapped many frozen BMW's and Mercedes. Frozen black here as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Lol. You guys confused me with the near-identical user names - i first thought both posts were by the same person and was thinking...why is he answering his own question? ����
Appreciate 0