Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-30-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
CountDracula
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Autotecknic Carbon Mirror Caps

Recently bought a set of these and broke a couple of clips almost immediately trying to install. One side went in perfect, other side two clips at the bottom fell off almost effortlessly. I saw on a forum vendors post that AutoTecknic replacement parts are made with 100% non-recycled raw plastic to ensure that the clips and tabs will not chip away or break off easily. Anyone else have their tabs break off surprisingly easy? I hit them up and not trying to say anything bad but just wondering if these are really supposed to be that fragile
Appreciate 1
Fugazii234.50
      10-04-2020, 05:37 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Autotecknic stuff sux..... it is just relabeled junk
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #3
Dawg1998
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 F83 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountDracula View Post
Recently bought a set of these and broke a couple of clips almost immediately trying to install. One side went in perfect, other side two clips at the bottom fell off almost effortlessly. I saw on a forum vendors post that AutoTecknic replacement parts are made with 100% non-recycled raw plastic to ensure that the clips and tabs will not chip away or break off easily. Anyone else have their tabs break off surprisingly easy? I hit them up and not trying to say anything bad but just wondering if these are really supposed to be that fragile
They will replace it for free just send them an email.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
Dawg1998
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
That hasn't been my experience at all... it's not M Performance which is all I would choose for mirror caps, splitters and dct shift covers. Which parts are specifically rebranded?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
CountDracula
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg1998 View Post
That hasn't been my experience at all... it's not M Performance which is all I would choose for mirror caps, splitters and dct shift covers. Which parts are specifically rebranded?
I have emailed them and waiting for a response. I think the two parts I ordered from them look high quality. The mirror cap that didn't break easily snapped into place nicely and fits extremely well. The dry carbon looked pretty nice, but there were are tiny imperfections.

The only thing I was not impressed by, not AutoTecknic specific, is all these companies that do not post lead times for products or actual availability. Will this ship in a week? 4 weeks? Backordered with no ETA? Kinda annoying
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 01:15 AM   #6
Dawg1998
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountDracula View Post
Quote:
I have emailed them and waiting for a response. I think the two parts I ordered from them look high quality. The mirror cap that didn't break easily snapped into place nicely and fits extremely well. The dry carbon looked pretty nice, but there were are tiny imperfections.

The only thing I was not impressed by, not AutoTecknic specific, is all these companies that do not post lead times for products or actual availability. Will this ship in a week? 4 weeks? Backordered with no ETA? Kinda annoying
Annoying as hell...been waiting on carbon door handle covers for 45 days and their carbon reflector inserts will be 90 days...patience I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 09:10 PM   #7
Txltran
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed. They are great products.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #8
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Really...... ok I purchased a spoiler twice and the 2nd was better than the first but it was still crap. The 1st never closely fit and the 2nd in the middle where they put their branding label they put so much resin over it thee was a huge gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid. I had to grind all of the resin and the label off just to get it close to flat. 2 times 2 times shit so that is where my opinion came from. But that is a small sample
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #9
Dawg1998
Rep

Quote:
Really...... ok I purchased a spoiler twice and the 2nd was better than the first but it was still crap. The 1st never closely fit and the 2nd in the middle where they put their branding label they put so much resin over it thee was a huge gap between the spoiler and the trunk lid. I had to grind all of the resin and the label off just to get it close to flat. 2 times 2 times shit so that is where my opinion came from. But that is a small sample
Your opinion is very valid...I've had a great experience with the company with communication and replacement. I've loved their door handle covers exterior and especially interior as well as their CF headlamp product. However, their CF fender trim isn't designed correctly and I'm having to replace one (they sent me a free replacement no questions asked) and their rear CF reflector inserts completely suck. (The curve and thickness are completely off and I even got my hand behind the bumper cover to ensure the clip was seated...they will make it right but this is a design flaw...or it's possible the manufacture screwed up the batch) Overall I like the company but nothing compares to MP upgrades.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 08:14 PM   #10
CountDracula
Enlisted Member
Rep

Their customer service is shit I will never buy from them again for that alone.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 10:29 PM   #11
s55jesus
M Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP

Garage List
  [0.00]
People still aren't aware that Autotecknic is literally just Aliexpress parts? Thought this has been discussed before.
2015 F82 M4 (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #12
Dawg1998
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff80m3 View Post
People still aren't aware that Autotecknic is literally just Aliexpress parts? Thought this has been discussed before.
I've ordered cheap CF, AT and MP. MP is far superior obviously but I'd be surprised if AT was rebranded crap. It's certainly possible.
Appreciate 0