European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #155
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxis View Post

I am a little picky about how things work. I prefer them to work perfectly.,
I hate bugs,,,, maybe a thread that contain bug reports
I am as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #156
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmody View Post
Flashed my 6MT with a new update that PTF provided while they are vacationing at the beach and my gear selection came back! Thanks for the support!
That's good to hear.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #157
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmody View Post
Flashed my 6MT with a new update that PTF provided while they are vacationing at the beach and my gear selection came back! Thanks for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
They are away for holidays and supporting still? Kudos!
Exactly!

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:49 AM   #158
julithehero
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M3 ZCP

Ill be more than happy to be some type if Beta tester if you guys need.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 03:05 AM   #159
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Still having some issues with my DCT downshifts not sure if anyone is experiencing this and also when getting back on the throttle in auto mode there is a thud coming either from the diff or the tranny. Still need to data log to see whats going on. Please chime in if you have experienced this.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 05:40 AM   #160
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
Still having some issues with my DCT downshifts not sure if anyone is experiencing this and also when getting back on the throttle in auto mode there is a thud coming either from the diff or the tranny. Still need to data log to see whats going on. Please chime in if you have experienced this.
sorry to hear the issues that you are having and thank you for sharing. It helps the rest of us.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:12 PM   #161
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

Quote:
Thump won't be tune or TCU flash related. Did you get a chance to have SSR look over it at the shop in person and see if you maybe got a bad axle or wheel bearing or similar? No one else has experienced this yet and there are way more DCTs out there than 6MTs so far that we've done. One thing you can try is flash the stock tune back on. Email us for support if any other questions at all.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      12-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #162
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Thump won't be tune or TCU flash related. Did you get a chance to have SSR look over it at the shop in person and see if you maybe got a bad axle or wheel bearing or similar? No one else has experienced this yet and there are way more DCTs out there than 6MTs so far that we've done. One thing you can try is flash the stock tune back on. Email us for support if any other questions at all.
Thank you I will have them look at it on Wednesday and data log. And I don't think it's an issue with my axel or wheel bearing as I replicated the same scenario in manual mode multiple times and it didn't occur. This only happens in Automatic mode. But I'm still unsure about the downshifts not being smooth. Either way we'll flash the stock tune and do further tests. And you guys have been great with troubleshooting so I'm sure this will get resolved quickly. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #163
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md-370z View Post
anyone use this tune and drive on the track regularly? this has about the same power as dinan stage 3 and they require a larger intercooler to keep everything cool?

anyone reporting any heatsoak for bootmod3 with 91 or 93 octane tune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skasol View Post
Interested in finding out. Also feel free to share your experience with the tune.
Sorry to reply so late, I have used PTF's track tunes versions 1 and 2 on two separate track days in the summer and both days was hot and humid, and there was no issues with overheating.

PTF did an excellent job on the tunes for the track!

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      12-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #164
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
Sorry to reply so late, I have used PTF's track tunes versions 1 and 2 on two separate track days in the summer and both days was hot and humid, and there was no issues with overheating.

PTF did an excellent job on the tunes for the track!
Thanks. What mods do you have?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #165
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

Quote:
Thanks. What mods do you have?
At the time of the test all I had was the drop in filters.

Now I have the catless downpipes, SSK, Ultimate Clutch Pedal they are going to be testing.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 05:30 AM   #166
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

I've been running the stage 2 tune for the past two months now. Overall I'm loving it and enjoying it much more than my previous flash tune. Will not go over all the great aspects of the BM3 as I plan to do a full review, but wanted to share some feedback on the issues/bugs that people might be wondering about.

The only "issue" with the tune I've had was throttle sensitivity at higher RPMS in 3rd gear and above. Providing partial throttle at say 4K rpm in 3rd or 4th gear would cause the car to jerk preventing you from being able to accelerate slowly and smoothly. It seems to either want to go full throttle or nothing. While I believe this has been done to provide the feeling of having instant boost/power at all times, to me it makes the car less smooth and difficult to predict if trying to take a high speed corner and want to slowly make your exit.

Of course, I've addressed this issue to Dzenno (among others that have already been addressed) and he assured me that it will be taken into consideration in their next software update.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 06:46 AM   #167
GoodtoGo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
I've been running the stage 2 tune for the past two months now. Overall I'm loving it and enjoying it much more than my previous flash tune. Will not go over all the great aspects of the BM3 as I plan to do a full review, but wanted to share some feedback on the issues/bugs that people might be wondering about.

The only "issue" with the tune I've had was throttle sensitivity at higher RPMS in 3rd gear and above. Providing partial throttle at say 4K rpm in 3rd or 4th gear would cause the car to jerk preventing you from being able to accelerate slowly and smoothly. It seems to either want to go full throttle or nothing. While I believe this has been done to provide the feeling of having instant boost/power at all times, to me it makes the car less smooth and difficult to predict if trying to take a high speed corner and want to slowly make your exit.

Of course, I've addressed this issue to Dzenno (among others that have already been addressed) and he assured me that it will be taken into consideration in their next software update.
Have the same issue.

It is an problem when merging from on ramps at tip in even when being gentle with the throttle. When there are traction issues at tip in, you do have to modulate throttle which is another factor in triggering the problem. The oscillations persist until you back out of throttle and try again. Not sure it is 'full throttle' as you stated or just base throttle tuning that is now too aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 07:30 AM   #168
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

They addressed that a while back actually. I'd email them for an update.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      12-19-2016, 08:42 AM   #169
applesauce683
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

My BM3 wishlist for Xmas:

Offline datalogging
Burble adjustment slider in mobile app
Stage 2+ OTS map
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #170
ucsbshawn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3, 135i, 320i

Quote:
What is awhile back? I was tuned about a month ago and I still have the on/off switch.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:18 AM   #171
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

I think 3-4 weeks ago. They're back to work Wednesday I think so we should be hearing back soon with more updates.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #172
Skasol
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think 3-4 weeks ago. They're back to work Wednesday I think so we should be hearing back soon with more updates.
How's everyone dealing with dealer maintenance etc? Only thing keeping me from jumping on it right away. Would love to hear your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 12:18 AM   #173
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
With the first flash I had, the issue was even more pronounced. However, soon after they posted their stage 2 dyno results (about 7 weeks ago), Dzenno sent over an updated revision which was an imporvement over the previous, but still didn't eliminate the issue.

I have not tested the latest revision which you are referring to (3-4 weeks old). Last time I spoke with Dzenno he mentioned that they're trying to push the updates via the app as emailing everyone individually has become impractical, which makes sense given that they have a lot more customers running BM3 now.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #174
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

Quote:
Thank you I will have them look at it on Wednesday and data log. And I don't think it's an issue with my axel or wheel bearing as I replicated the same scenario in manual mode multiple times and it didn't occur. This only happens in Automatic mode. But I'm still unsure about the downshifts not being smooth. Either way we'll flash the stock tune and do further tests. And you guys have been great with troubleshooting so I'm sure this will get resolved quickly. Thank you in advance.
Did you get this one resolved?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #175
chewbakam4
Major
Rep

Quote:
How's everyone dealing with dealer maintenance etc? Only thing keeping me from jumping on it right away. Would love to hear your thoughts?
Dealing with my SA, I mean my brother , is usually easy.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #176
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

I got BM3 installed last week and am also noticing a lot of part throttle sensitivity. It drives up to 22psi at low rpm's with very little throttle input. I'm not sure if this is related but I'm also stacked with the JB4 for meth and running the BM3 flash has driven the JB4's wastegate adaption all the way down to 0 along with FF and PWM riding at 0 most of the time. I'm being told this indicates that the base duty cycle of the flash is too high. I'm sure this will all get sorted out with updates!
Appreciate 0