EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
Dawg1998
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 F83 COMP

Hey Fellow Car Addicts!

Convertibles are always a challenge so wanted to post some pics for inspiration. HiFi Buys in Nashville did the install and it's the fifth or sixth car Scott Comiski has done for me over the last 18 years...they are my favorite audio installers and car audio was my favorite teen hobby.

Convertibles are always a challenge with bass response especially when the top is down so here's what we did.

First, we installed the 12 speaker setup from BavSound. The sound stage is much cleaner and not as harsh as the HK crap. I'm a big fan of silk dome tweeters. Then they fabricated a custom bracket for a JL 500W monoblock amp and fit it into the trunk compartment on the drivers side. They also fit the JL line level converter in the same compartment and created a custom vent for easy access to the amp controls. I'll post more pics if anyone wants them but it's super stealth and doesn't take up any trunk room.

For the sub, they created a custom box that fits into the passenger footwell using a slim line JL 10" which is the perfect pairing for the Ghost subs. It hits just enough low notes to balance the system and its punchy enough to add deeper kick drum reproduction. The speakers still need breakin time so it's only getting better. The box takes up a couple of inches in the foot box but with the seat back, no issues with adult seating and the front seat still fits three kids no problem!

Finally, they finished the install with a small gain control for the sub with an aluminum knob that matches the interior trim. The positioning is perfect as I like tweaking a little per track.

As a surprise, these guys laser etched the M logo which wasn't discussed or expected...it's just how great these guys are! So if you live in TN, go see Scott. (They also dynamatted several vibrations without me asking or prompting because they are true professionals)

Triple thumbs up for the Bavsound speakers...I like Focal as well so you can't make a bad choice but the soft dome tweeters sealed the deal with the bavsounds!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
thestimp969.00