Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-28-2022, 04:00 AM   #1
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Idrive service history still says spark plugs need to be changed.

Hope some idrive service expert can help here.

I had the front brake pads and spark plugs change by an authorised approved Bmw independent (driven by the fact that BMW main dealer wouldn't fit a non oem brake pad)

The idrive didn't update but when I brought it to BMW main dealer they did the oil and micro filter and read the key and it said spark plugs needed to be done.

I only got the oil done by them but when I got back in to drive away there was new warning lights about spark plugs and vehicle inspection!

This is really annoying as they only things that were due before were the oil and inspection.

So pay for their outrageous fees(the guy quoted me €478 when I arrived) I said it was much cheaper on their service site and we went online and it was €348! He then had the balls to say it's like when you get a 10% discount when you buy online.

I should have said to him "in what world is circa €130 ten percent of €478!

The fact that he agreed to the €348 immediately proves how much they were trying to rip me off.

Anyhow what I'm stuck with now is a situation where I'll have to get the air element and vehicle inspection done(€324) which isn't the end of the world but means having to bring it back.

My main worry is how can they rectify the spark plugs still needing to be done?

Is it an issue in the way the independent didn't read the key?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 09:28 PM   #2
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I had something similar happen after the tech forgot to reset after a service visit. They should be able to walk you through the reset by phone to avoid a trip in. In my case I had to start the car, press and hold the reset button below gas gauge (same button used to reset trip odometer) until a menu came up and then pressed and held it again to reset. But I’d call the service advisor and have them walk you through it.
      05-29-2022, 03:59 AM   #3
jaylazy2020
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I had something similar happen after the tech forgot to reset after a service visit. They should be able to walk you through the reset by phone to avoid a trip in. In my case I had to start the car, press and hold the reset button below gas gauge (same button used to reset trip odometer) until a menu came up and then pressed and held it again to reset. But I'd call the service advisor and have them walk you through it.
Thanks. I tried it and only brake pads and inspection come up as items that can be reset.

I'll have to have a row with the stealers!
Appreciate 0