proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-29-2024, 02:03 PM   #1
mwalter14
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

FTM Greyed Out

Have a 2016 F80 6MT (11/2015 build date) with a FTM error; I picked up the car few weeks ago. Mods: (Wagner DP, BM3 PaulJohnson Tune, Akra full Ti Exhaust, Eventuri V2 Intakes) .

I changed over to OEM 437m with winter tires and now receive a flat tire monitor warning. It cannot be reset in iDrive as that option is greyed out and not actionable. Driven 200km+ on them and ensure pressure is at 34psi all around but still have warning.

Took into the a shop thinking perhaps it was one of the BMW models that takes TPMS but found that it does not. My canadian model does in fact get FTM data from wheel sensor inputs like the old models. A Scan revealed the following codes (below):

Any ideas what is going on with this?

Last edited by mwalter14; 01-29-2024 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 06:10 PM   #2
mwalter14
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Update:

After some research, it appears on Canadian models, BMW integrated the TPMS receiver into the DSC module in 04/14, but did not equip their cars with TPMS sensors until much later.

I checked coding and looks like the PO has coded on temp and pressure settings, and it looks like metal stems in the summer set of wheels that came with the car,

It could be just that I need to add TPMS to the 437m winter set and code? Oddly could not code out the warning though with bimmerlink.
Appreciate 0