Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-03-2023, 07:30 PM   #45
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
What did that set you back?
Was on another platform and a while ago. Let me see if I can find the invoice. Send them an email and inquire about a clutch/flywheel.
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS444.00
      12-03-2023, 10:04 PM   #46
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanted_M View Post
Was on another platform and a while ago. Let me see if I can find the invoice. Send them an email and inquire about a clutch/flywheel.
I messaged them.
Custom clutch has gotta be $5000+ at least?

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00
      12-04-2023, 06:08 PM   #47
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I messaged them.
Custom clutch has gotta be $5000+ at least?
Was $2800, pre-covid world .
ARM DP's/Resonated Mid-pipe | SPL links | Hotchkis bars | JRZ RS2/camber plates | K&N | Koyorad HX | Powerflex purple | Rouge | Spiegler | Speed Eng. snorkel | Vargas CBC/hub | Wagner IC | xHP | Xpel stealth ppf
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS444.00
      12-04-2023, 06:14 PM   #48
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Was $2800, pre-covid world .
What year…

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 06:21 PM   #49
Wanted_M
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What year…
2014, but depends on your application and car.
Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS444.00
      12-04-2023, 06:22 PM   #50
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh Jesus, ok, so at LEAST double it

Appreciate 1
Wanted_M759.00
      12-10-2023, 01:57 AM   #51
Gabe1017
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Hey everyone I posted a thread but no one got back to me. Currently in need of new clutch kit and would not go back OEM even though I’m still stock. In the future I will tune and do other things so what’s the best recommendations.

So far I’m up against FX350 or Spec P trim just don’t want it to be too performance compared to stock

“Hi everyone,

i have a 2019 m4 6mt comp package 28k miles. Really upset here bmw took my car and said if there was no blue or excessive use on flywheel or pressure plate they would cover under warranty. After over 3 weeks they called me and said it's not covered.

My car is mostly all stock but planning on tuning and few small speed mods. There's no way i would put stock clutch back after it dying so early.

Please send me best options for clutch kits as close to stock feel and not too aggressive for daily driving in nyc. Need clutch kit, flywheel and pressure plate.

Thank you in advance everyone “
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 02:04 AM   #52
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe1017 View Post
Hey everyone I posted a thread but no one got back to me. Currently in need of new clutch kit and would not go back OEM even though I’m still stock. In the future I will tune and do other things so what’s the best recommendations.

So far I’m up against FX350 or Spec P trim just don’t want it to be too performance compared to stock

“Hi everyone,

i have a 2019 m4 6mt comp package 28k miles. Really upset here bmw took my car and said if there was no blue or excessive use on flywheel or pressure plate they would cover under warranty. After over 3 weeks they called me and said it's not covered.

My car is mostly all stock but planning on tuning and few small speed mods. There's no way i would put stock clutch back after it dying so early.

Please send me best options for clutch kits as close to stock feel and not too aggressive for daily driving in nyc. Need clutch kit, flywheel and pressure plate.

Thank you in advance everyone “
Clutches are consumable parts, unless you can prove that it’s a manufacturing defect, there’s no way they would cover it.

That being said, if you were tight with your SA at BMW, there’s a little something called “goodwill” but sounds like that’s not the case here.

Clutch masters FX250 or FX350 will be good choices for you IF you want to go aftermarket.

If you don’t plan on tuning a whole lot, aka, you don’t plan on doing anything past “stage 2”, then you may just wanna stick with the OEM BMW clutch…it’s a great clutch and will hold 500+ whp. Of course this all depends on your driving style, how you use and abuse the car etc.

Clutch masters literally advertises the FX250 and FX350 as “like OEM replacements”, so you’re not really gonna see a whole lot of difference aside from a slightly firmer pedal feel.

Maybe some others will chime in.

“Too performance compared to stock” is really just relative to the driver also…once you get into more aggressive clutches you’ll end up sacrificing a tiny bit of comfortability, clutch chatter, and a more aggressive catching point.

Really wish there was a place to go test drive different clutches, but one can dream.

Lastly, call clutch masters and talk to a rep, they’re extraordinarily helpful in helping you decide.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:24 PM   #53
Gabe1017
Rep

Quote:
Clutches are consumable parts, unless you can prove that it’s a manufacturing defect, there’s no way they would cover it.

That being said, if you were tight with your SA at BMW, there’s a little something called “goodwill” but sounds like that’s not the case here.

Clutch masters FX250 or FX350 will be good choices for you IF you want to go aftermarket.

If you don’t plan on tuning a whole lot, aka, you don’t plan on doing anything past “stage 2”, then you may just wanna stick with the OEM BMW clutch…it’s a great clutch and will hold 500+ whp. Of course this all depends on your driving style, how you use and abuse the car etc.

Clutch masters literally advertises the FX250 and FX350 as “like OEM replacements”, so you’re not really gonna see a whole lot of difference aside from a slightly firmer pedal feel.

Maybe some others will chime in.

“Too performance compared to stock” is really just relative to the driver also…once you get into more aggressive clutches you’ll end up sacrificing a tiny bit of comfortability, clutch chatter, and a more aggressive catching point.

Really wish there was a place to go test drive different clutches, but one can dream.

Lastly, call clutch masters and talk to a rep, they’re extraordinarily helpful in helping you decide.
Hey thank you so much for getting back to me. Driving them would be amazing and a dream come true. The Fx350 might be the best move. I really thought I was more buddies with them but they said there was no way around it since they had to submit pictures and etc.

I don’t mind a bit more aggressive just stock clutch has a great feel and either way this car is daily driven in the city with some days to open her up. The plan is to get her tuned with all the other upgrades and run between 500+ on stock turbos.

The Spec clutch sounds great but might be overkill for this car
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 01:10 PM   #54
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey thank you so much for getting back to me. Driving them would be amazing and a dream come true. The Fx350 might be the best move. I really thought I was more buddies with them but they said there was no way around it since they had to submit pictures and etc.

I don’t mind a bit more aggressive just stock clutch has a great feel and either way this car is daily driven in the city with some days to open her up. The plan is to get her tuned with all the other upgrades and run between 500+ on stock turbos.

The Spec clutch sounds great but might be overkill for this car
I think the 350 is a great choice, still, call clutch masters and have them talk you through it. I did, really helped

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 10:13 PM   #55
Gabe1017
Rep

Quote:
I think the 350 is a great choice, still, call clutch masters and have them talk you through it. I did, really helped

Thank you!! I’m going to call them. Only thing the kit doesn’t include is the flywheel which BMW is saying they don’t resurface but I can maybe pick it up and bring to a shop. Unless you have another suggestion?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 10:16 PM   #56
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you!! I’m going to call them. Only thing the kit doesn’t include is the flywheel which BMW is saying they don’t resurface but I can maybe pick it up and bring to a shop. Unless you have another suggestion?
Clutch masters clutch kits should have a flywheel with them. Only way to know if your existing flywheel needs to be replaced is to look at it. And at that point you’re already at the clutch so mind as well just replace it anyways.

I’d suggest getting a new one but that’s me

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 12:17 AM   #57
Vertix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 CP Black

I've still been on the search for that "perfect" upgraded clutch that can handle some more power & torque from my single turbo setup but not ruin too many aspects that I enjoy on the OEM setup, specifically noise and drivability. Outside of a dedicated track car, I can't stand the noise and rattle of twin plate clutches. On top of that I want the clutch friendly enough for the Mrs to use without issue/complaint.

With all this in mind I stumbled upon this, the Uniclutch:

Video of the install & driving:

Main features that I really like:

The silent dampening system looks amazing and seems dead silent from the small amount of videos I can find online.

It's an all in one unit and the OEM flywheel basically just becomes a mounting surface as the uniclutch is a completely sealed package with an included friction plate that becomes your new flywheel. I have tried both a single mass lighter flywheel as well as the OEM. Whilst the extra resonse of the single is nice, I do like how much the DMF dampens NVH for a mainly street focused car.

At the moment they don't make one for the f82, however uniclutch is only 8 months old and is always adding new models pending demand. It would be great if we can get whoever is interested to contact Uniclutch via the link and ask for a clutch for our cars as it looks like it could be an amazing option for us that want better than OEM without crossing over to something too aggressive/compromised.

https://www.uniclutch.com/contact
Appreciate 0