EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

03-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #23
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1TAK View Post
The GTS is a special machine, just gets me excited to get in it. Start the engine and it’s really loud in a good way. I have only done a few miles so far, it does remind me of my old CSL....wants to be pushed, handling feels sharp on the road. Gets loads of attention, maybe the sound plus the looks. BMW have really done a trick with this car, I totally get it, maybe I understand it more coming from Europe. At current price point it’s a bargain.

I will track it at some point too, would be a waste not to.
I totally agree. It is an incredible experience every time I sit behind the wheel, push the start button, set it to sport + and open the window. Makes me really look forward to go to work in the morning... I always make sure to take the long way home on the way back.
No other car I ever owned gave me that sensation and I was lucky enough to own some exciting cars in the past...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 03:16 PM   #24
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_M3 View Post
Let us know your first week impressions...also thinking about going from M3 ZCP to GTS....undecided because I could probably get to GTS track times with Cup2 and MPerformance suspension...but a GTS is a GTS I guess
You might be underestimating GTS performance. I don't think a stock or ZCP with those upgrades alone gets there. Experienced driver will probably be meaningfully faster with a GTS. If you haven't reviewed everything that went into the GTS https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1262417

But beyond lap times, and as OP has opined after some experience, it feels like a fundamentally different car as compared to ZCP. Yep, a GTS is a GTS.

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #25
vasi_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ex- 2015 M3... now '16 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Quote:
Let us know your first week impressions...also thinking about going from M3 ZCP to GTS....undecided because I could probably get to GTS track times with Cup2 and MPerformance suspension...but a GTS is a GTS I guess
You might be underestimating GTS performance. I don't think a stock or ZCP with those upgrades alone gets there. Experienced driver will probably be meaningfully faster with a GTS. If you haven't reviewed everything that went into the GTS https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1262417

But beyond lap times, and as OP has opined after some experience, it feels like a fundamentally different car as compared to ZCP. Yep, a GTS is a GTS.
Thanks for your perspective, I test drive it on the street and it did feel more eager and the sensations were at 10 the whole time....suspension and noise had a lot to do with it I'm sure.

I really don't doubt its prowess, I'm leaning towards it but I think I would be in better shape to make a call after I drive a 991.2 GTS, and with some Cup2 on it. I know it will feel more refined but if the 911 still feels exciting enough I might just go for it even though it will be 20K or so more
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #26
RandyC54
Salty Middle Aged Dog
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Quote:
No you can't. A very well driven ZCP on Cpu2's is still 5-6 seconds slower than the same driver in a GTS. Ask Mike Renner from BMW performance school in SC.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 06:00 AM   #27
m3cssvr
Rep
Drives: M3CS Frozen Dark Blue

I would do a comparison between the GTS and the current M4 CS. 1 big difference is that the GTS is limited vs the M4CS is still in production
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 10:56 PM   #28
vasi_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ex- 2015 M3... now '16 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyC54 View Post
Quote:
No you can't. A very well driven ZCP on Cpu2's is still 5-6 seconds slower than the same driver in a GTS. Ask Mike Renner from BMW performance school in SC.
I'm not so sure about that hearsay to be honest. The stats that I used were from MotorTrend tests @ Laguna Seca. Non ZCP M4 on pilot super sport was 2 seconds slower than an M4 GTS in Cup2. Videos on YouTube....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #29
baki777
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M2, 525d e61, 525i e39

After seeing what BMW is doing with new models (ugly fronts, no sound etc.)
I am also interested in buying a GTS. The prices in EU are very high in relation to USA and Canada. Probably I will import one.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 01:36 PM   #30
jpdchicago
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by baki777 View Post
After seeing what BMW is doing with new models (ugly fronts, no sound etc.)
I am also interested in buying a GTS. The prices in EU are very high in relation to USA and Canada. Probably I will import one.
Just came back from France. The cheapest one is at $180,000 and there are only 4 on the market. One at 200,000+ (you can see it on uTube on "the gloved driver"- good review for french speaking members)
Only a matter of time they come buy them here from Europe...
Supply and demand!

Last edited by jpdchicago; 04-07-2019 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #31
baki777
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: M2, 525d e61, 525i e39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdchicago View Post
Just came back from France. The cheapest one is at $180,000 and there are only 4 on the market. One at 200,000+ (you can see it on uTube on "the gloved driver"- good review for french speaking members)
Only a matter of time they come buy them here from Europe...
Supply and demand!
In switzerland there is a cheap M4 DTM Champions edition.
But I don't like how the DTM looks..
Appreciate 0