BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

02-28-2019, 11:19 PM   #1
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 F82 M4 Competition BSM

So my dealer in Toronto brought an M4 Ultimate Package for me from Montreal ( Dealer trade )
My delivery was scheduled for this weekend and I just went to see the car this afternoon.

I fired her up while she was sitting outside in the cold and snow and noticed hmmm this doesn't sound like the MPE and the UPs I've heard before!
Got out and looked at the rear and to my surprise the CF exhaust tips and the CF diffuser are missing!!!
The car sounded like my current regular MY15 M4!

Dealer was surprised and said but all the papers say Ultimate Package probably the Montreal dealer had deleted the CF parts !!!

Left the dealerships and after going back and forth over texts and the dealer scratching his head too he came back saying with the Ultimate Package the exhaust and the CF parts get delivered separately and they get installed by the dealer !

Aren't they factory installed ?

Am I missing something ?

I think the car is a misbuild !!!

Who's right? Who's wrong?

Retired : '05 E46 330ci ZHP Sparkling Graphite on Blk | '08 E92 335 Blk on Coral Red | '11 E92 335is Blk on Blk | '15 F82 ///M4 MG on SO
Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
xfactor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 6MT ZCP (AY)

From what I heard or read here, the special CF bits are installed port side in Halifax, so there might be some miscommunication there. Surprised that the dealer can't look this up for you and get you the pieces and compensate you with some extra goodies or dollars.
      03-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #3
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2018 M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
So my dealer in Toronto brought an M4 Ultimate Package for me from Montreal ( Dealer trade )
My delivery was scheduled for this weekend and I just went to see the car this afternoon.

I fired her up while she was sitting outside in the cold and snow and noticed hmmm this doesn't sound like the MPE and the UPs I've heard before!
Got out and looked at the rear and to my surprise the CF exhaust tips and the CF diffuser are missing!!!

Dealer was surprised and said but all the papers say Ultimate Package probably the Montreal dealer had deleted the CF parts !!!

Left the dealerships and after going back and forth over texts and the dealer scratching his head too he came back saying with the Ultimate Package the exhaust and the CF parts get delivered separately and they get installed by the dealer !

Am I missing something ?

Mine had the same issue too.

the car was sitting at port for one month. and after I urged my dealership to look into it, they said it was delayed because of no CF parts available to install. then they just shipped the car to dealership first and got parts delivered separately. I guess Montreal dealership had the same issue when your car was first delivered but they never installed those parts after receiving them.

my car was built in April, 2018 and shipped to Halifax in June. there was a big delay around that time because of missing Cf parts at port.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Are you saying you are missing the MPE or just the tips? You know the CF tips dont change the sound right?

Regardless, those parts are available and you can be made whole. I've read stories of some who are missing options that can't be retroactively added.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 2
TheOne26.50
      03-01-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
From what I heard or read here, the special CF bits are installed port side in Halifax, so there might be some miscommunication there. Surprised that the dealer can't look this up for you and get you the pieces and compensate you with some extra goodies or dollars.
I'm surprised too that until I went in to take a look at the car a couple of days prior to delivery the dealer and the managers were clueless!!

Retired : '05 E46 330ci ZHP Sparkling Graphite on Blk | '08 E92 335 Blk on Coral Red | '11 E92 335is Blk on Blk | '15 F82 ///M4 MG on SO
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #6
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfish View Post
Quote:

Am I missing something ?

Mine had the same issue too.

the car was sitting at port for one month. and after I urged my dealership to look into it, they said it was delayed because of no CF parts available to install. then they just shipped the car to dealership first and got parts delivered separately. I guess Montreal dealership had the same issue when your car was first delivered but they never installed those parts after receiving them.

my car was built in April, 2018 and shipped to Halifax in June. there was a big delay around that time because of missing Cf parts at port.
These guys were ready to deliver my car had I not mentioned the missing CF parts.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #7
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Are you saying you are missing the MPE or just the tips? You know the CF tips dont change the sound right?

Regardless, those parts are available and you can be made whole. I've read stories of some who are missing options that can't be retroactively added.
Yes you're absolutely right the CF doesn't change the sound. It's the titanium MPE system on the Ultimate Package that produces a different noise.
Which seemed to be lacking when I started her up a few times.

And my big worry is this one being a misbuild and missing the MPE too!

*Attached are the pictures I took last night at the dealership.
Notice no CF part installed.

The rear diffuser is missing too... there was too much snow under the car so I couldn't take a pic of that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 10:06 AM   #8
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yes you're absolutely right the CF doesn't change the sound. It's the titanium MPE system on the Ultimate Package that produces a different noise.

The rear diffuser is missing too... there was too much snow under the car so I couldn't take a pic of that.
it is not MPE. it is regular competition exhaust installed in factory.

your case is even worse than mine. Mine only missed some CF parts, like rear spoiler, front splitters, mirror covers, diffuser, front lip(this is not CF, it is plastic from ultimate package)

let your dealership fix it.

I will call BMW CA to complain about this, which would escalate your case. In my case, after complaining , they called sales manager directly.
Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 10:09 AM   #9
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Tell BMW CA that those guys were trying to deliver the car without informing you of these missing part and one complete MPE exhaust, which is ridiculous.
Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 10:23 AM   #10
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Its not a mis-build. The ultimate package is not built at the factory its just a Canadian accessories package which is port installed. You are evidently missing the exterior components from the ultimate package (I also see you do not have the front lip which as mentioned earlier is plastic not CF on the UP). The mystery is how this car left Halifax without getting these installed.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #11
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Its not a mis-build. The ultimate package is not built at the factory its just a Canadian accessories package which is port installed. You are evidently missing the exterior components from the ultimate package (I also see you do not have the front lip which as mentioned earlier is plastic not CF on the UP). The mystery is how this car left Halifax without getting these installed.
to save space at port. they just decided to ship first and deal with it later on.

some salesperson doesn't even know what they are selling... they should have checked around before delivery or received the car from another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:17 AM   #12
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it is not MPE. it is regular competition exhaust installed in factory.

your case is even worse than mine. Mine only missed some CF parts, like rear spoiler, front splitters, mirror covers, diffuser, front lip(this is not CF, it is plastic from ultimate package)

let your dealership fix it.

I will call BMW CA to complain about this, which would escalate your case. In my case, after complaining , they called sales manager directly.
Right? I agree this is not MPE

It's missing ALL the CF parts.
Rear spoiler as well.

I know the sound of the titanium MPE well.

This sounds like my current '15 regular M4!

You're right I should call BMW CA!

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #13
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tell BMW CA that those guys were trying to deliver the car without informing you of these missing part and one complete MPE exhaust, which is ridiculous.
EXACTLY!!!

This is ridiculous!

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #14
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The CF accessories are port installed that's correct.
And this car is missing all the CF parts.

And as you noticed even the plastic front lip is missing.

Yes only CS comes with CF front lip.
Just like your M3 CS

It sure is a mystery and the bigger mystery is I am confident this car doesn't have MPE by listening to it.
MPE gets installed at factory with UP though doesn't it ?

Any way to tell whether the vehicle has MPE or not besides the sound ?

Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #15
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

to save space at port. they just decided to ship first and deal with it later on.

some salesperson doesn't even know what they are selling... they should have checked around before delivery or received the car from another dealer.
They hadn't even bothered to walk outside and walk around the car once it was shipped from Montreal to Toronto!

The Michelin tires have funny light blue accents on them too that I hated and the dealer suggested they take the tires off and swap left with right so the blue writings would be inside and invisible !!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #16
coldfish
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They hadn't even bothered to walk outside and walk around the car once it was shipped from Montreal to Toronto!

The Michelin tires have funny light blue accents on them too that I hated and the dealer suggested they take the tires off and swap left with right so the blue writings would be inside and invisible !!!!
That's funny. never seen this tire on brand new M3 M4 before. Is it a brand new car ? lol

you can always always walk away from this terrible experience and find another deal which would make you feel better.

They won't do any harm to you even if you walk away because it is all their fault.
Appreciate 1
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #17
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

I'm sorry
the blue tire marks on the micheline is pretty funny
svr2132.00
      03-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #18
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's funny. never seen this tire on brand new M3 M4 before. Is it a brand new car ? lol

you can always always walk away from this terrible experience and find another deal which would make you feel better.

They won't do any harm to you even if you walk away because it is all their fault.
Neither have I !!!
I'm surprised there are no Hello Kitty stickers plastered on the dash!

'Supposedly' brand new with 45km on it as I checked last night!
I say supposedly cause there not much certainty about this vehicle ! 🤦🏻*♂️

And they better find me a MY18 with the spec I want ASAP.
Cause I chose this car a month ago because of the extra incentives on the MY18.

Appreciate 1
      03-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #19
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
I'm sorry
the blue tire marks on the micheline is pretty funny
Don't be sorry. You're being extra courteous my brother.

I would've said they're UGLY AF

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 01:29 PM   #20
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It sure is a mystery and the bigger mystery is I am confident this car doesn't have MPE by listening to it.

Remember its Port (Halifax) not factory (Germany). UP and MPE at port. Like someone said they maybe sent it to the dealer before installing the parts to due space issues but parts should have followed?

The muffler is different on MPE but I don't think its available with those black ZCP tips anyway.

There is a CF version of the optional from splitter but its not the one on the UP.

QC dealer obviously knew about this and didnt advise.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #21
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Remember its Port (Halifax) not factory (Germany). UP and MPE at port. Like someone said they maybe sent it to the dealer before installing the parts to due space issues but parts should have followed?

The muffler is different on MPE but I don't think its available with those black ZCP tips anyway.

There is a CF version of the optional from splitter but its not the one on the UP.

QC dealer obviously knew about this and didnt advise.
So MPE is not factory installed either on UP ?

If I'm not mistaken the blacked out exhaust tips are for the competition package.

Cause UP has the chrome-color tips with the CF sleeves on them.

I agree BMW in Quebec most likely knew about these and chose not to advise and the dealer in Toronto didn't bother to check.

Even the tires seem to have been swapped with something that's not factory tires.

Too many unknowns!!! 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #22
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I can't remember if the VIN reflects the ultimate package code.. but hopefully you are not taking delivery without getting in writing that you're getting all the missing parts. Probably a good idea to audit all the options the car is supposed to have.
Appreciate 0