Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

08-17-2019, 06:26 PM   #111
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonopr01 View Post
Yes IOS 13 version 6 make it even better.
Exactly how is it better?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 06:43 AM   #112
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Exactly how is it better?
So far i have tested IOS 13 now in public version 6 the connection to the car is seamless, the resolution is way better, the option to do CarPlay and do other things on the phone with out affecting your current status on CarPlay is way better, etc, etc.

Having the screen now in full view for CarPlay is something i was missing and not able to do because of the version of my firmware for my unit. Now is night and day having full screen.

Also Messages do not pop up in the middle of the screen like before they pop up in the bottom of the screen.
There is a lot of things that I haven't even try yet, but to me it is way better that what I had before.

Album art come on and makes the whole thing looks also better.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko217.00
      08-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #113
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonopr01 View Post
So far i have tested IOS 13 now in public version 6 the connection to the car is seamless, the resolution is way better, the option to do CarPlay and do other things on the phone with out affecting your current status on CarPlay is way better, etc, etc.

Having the screen now in full view for CarPlay is something i was missing and not able to do because of the version of my firmware for my unit. Now is night and day having full screen.

Also Messages do not pop up in the middle of the screen like before they pop up in the bottom of the screen.
There is a lot of things that I haven't even try yet, but to me it is way better that what I had before.

Album art come on and makes the whole thing looks also better.
X2

The new carplay looks so badass. Glad I made the update to iOS 13.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #114
moonluv810
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X3, 2018 BMW M3, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonluv810 View Post
I just did the full screen patch from Kubax.
Is there a way to get album artwork to show on Amazon Music or Spotify?
IOS 13 is the solution.
Thank you!

How do you guys get IOS13 before it's released?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #115
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
Quote:
I just did the full screen patch from Kubax.
Is there a way to get album artwork to show on Amazon Music or Spotify?
IOS 13 is the solution.
Thank you!

How do you guys get IOS13 before it's released?
Apple beta software program.
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #116
welpie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i120

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Nothing interesting
Fullscreen is already possible on NBTEvo_P.
Does it make sense to update from N and O version to P or higher? I reckon the USB method is easier/cheaper to perform the coding :
- N, O: USB method
- P or higher ENET method

Is there any reason to update from N?
If fullscreen is enabled, and after that you do an NBT firmware update to the latest version, will the fullscreen persist?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 11:39 AM   #117
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

For now it doesn’t make sense.
It’s actuallt easier.
If you do firmware update you will lose it and you will have to do procedure again.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #118
blackmamba30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Does anyone know if I can update my idrive through www.bmw.com/update for fullscreen carplay? I put in my VIN # and it gave me an update available through USB. I need my idrive updated to get the carplay fullscreen working.

Or do I need to take it to the dealer to get it updated?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 05:00 PM   #119
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba30 View Post
Does anyone know if I can update my idrive through www.bmw.com/update for fullscreen carplay? I put in my VIN # and it gave me an update available through USB. I need my idrive updated to get the carplay fullscreen working.

Nope. Update is just phone bluetooth compatibility
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 06:27 PM   #120
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:

Nope.. you need the patch discussed in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #121
m3driven
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Going into the dealer to hopefully get my HUH upgrade from EVO_H to the latest (EVO_R). Would all of the previous coding be wiped out after the upgrade?

I had anti-dazzle, Remove legal warning on nav screen, Remove seatbelt warning, 5 click turn signal etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #122
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3driven View Post
Going into the dealer to hopefully get my HUH upgrade from EVO_H to the latest (EVO_R). Would all of the previous coding be wiped out after the upgrade?

I had anti-dazzle, Remove legal warning on nav screen, Remove seatbelt warning, 5 click turn signal etc.

Thanks!
Everything will be restored to factory.

5 click turn signal is not available in newest software.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #123
blackmamba30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!
I just came back from the dealer telling them I had connectivity issues but they did not upgrade my NBTEVO. I still have NBTEVO_L. Let me know how it goes for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:38 PM   #124
Nonopr01
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
I just came back from the dealer telling them I had connectivity issues but they did not upgrade my NBTEVO. I still have NBTEVO_L. Let me know how it goes for you.
Sorry to hear that but for connectivity issues no one is going to do anything you at the service center.
You need to go in and tell them that your I drive from time to time reboots by it self. They wont be able to replicate the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 10:06 PM   #125
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
I told my dealer that my CarPlay freezes in phone calls and I have to power off the car and start her back up to clear the screen. They said there was a bulletin about the issue and updated my car. No questions asked.
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #126
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whore
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2017 F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenCal M4 View Post
I told my dealer that my CarPlay freezes in phone calls and I have to power off the car and start her back up to clear the screen. They said there was a bulletin about the issue and updated my car. No questions asked.
Exactly what I did .. worked like a charm
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 08:40 PM   #127
blackmamba30
Private First Class
Rep

Just wanted to provide an update. I took it to another dealer nearby and got my iDrive updated to NBTevo_R (originally had NBTevo_L).

I just successfully coded carplay fullscreen with my mac laptop with windows 10 installed through Parallels desktop from the code kubax86 provided.

As everyone previously has mentioned, highly recommend doing this through kubax86. He is very helpful and responds quickly. I was also told this code is tied to the VIN so you can recode the carplay fullscreen as many times as you want on your specific car if it ever gets erased by the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 05:32 PM   #128
Nick7700
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 F83 Atlantis Metallic

I'd like to do the full screen Apple car play update from kubax86, but maybe some one can help answer a few questions.

My car is a 2017 F83:

1) How can I check what version my iDrive NBTevo is?

2) All I've done was upgraded my screen to touchscreen and had that coded to work. Will updating the NBTevo lose the coding?

3) Lastly, what are the differences between the NBTevo versions? Should I just leave my iDrive NBTevo at whatever current version it is now and just do the full screen Apple car play?

Sorry for the newbie rookie questions. I'm interested in doing this but not sure what steps to do first. TIA

Nick
2024 BMW X6 M60i Isle of Man Green / Ivory White
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 03:03 AM   #129
paulbav
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7700 View Post
I'd like to do the full screen Apple car play update from kubax86, but maybe some one can help answer a few questions.

My car is a 2017 F83:

1) How can I check what version my iDrive NBTevo is?

2) All I've done was upgraded my screen to touchscreen and had that coded to work. Will updating the NBTevo lose the coding?

3) Lastly, what are the differences between the NBTevo versions? Should I just leave my iDrive NBTevo at whatever current version it is now and just do the full screen Apple car play?

Sorry for the newbie rookie questions. I'm interested in doing this but not sure what steps to do first. TIA

Nick
1) You can go to map, then click options, then position and version and you will see version there.
2)If you update your navigation you will lose coding
3) You can't have Fullscreen CarPlay on every version. Only NBTEvo_N,O,P,Q,R support it - versions from ilevel 18-03.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #130
Rastarize
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 | 2021 X5 45e

Is upgrading the software version something one can do themselves, or are you stuck with a service provider?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #131
blackmamba30
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastarize View Post
Is upgrading the software version something one can do themselves, or are you stuck with a service provider?
You can technically do it yourself and flash it using e-sys. But i highly recommend just taking it to dealer and tell them you have idrive freezing issues. They said there's a bulletin for this issue for the F80 and will flash for you without question.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 07:17 AM   #132
Rastarize
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 | 2021 X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastarize View Post
You can technically do it yourself and flash it using e-sys. But i highly recommend just taking it to dealer and tell them you have idrive freezing issues. They said there's a bulletin for this issue for the F80 and will flash for you without question.
My car didn't come with iDrive 6 from the factory, I had to do the upgrade of getting a new unit and then having it coded to my car. I also had a few other things coded at the same time.

So I'm worried that either, a) the dealership won't do it for me because I've upgraded myself (not a big deal), b) they do, and it messes up entirely and no longer works in my car, or c) it all works, but I lose all of the other things I've had coded.

Am I being too paranoid?
Appreciate 0