Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

09-04-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
SM3RF80
SM3RF80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Product Review: SSR Power Pack for S55

What's up guys..

First and foremost, I would like to thank Shah for being Shah. The guy is super cool, respectful and understanding so excellent customer service is a given. Prior to owning an F80, he answered several of my questions and was always helpful and honest with me. I ultimately decided to go with this Power Pack for 2 reasons...1) SSR delivers top notch F80/F82 content and 2) the powder coat color options. True, everyone knows a powder coat guy and true, you could do this on your own but it's nice to have everything done for you, with the final product coming directly from SSR.

SSR is not paying me to write this review..I decided to do it because I feel that they deserve the support and I appreciated the customer service. Fitment is spot on, sound is intoxicating, the engine bay pops with that fashion grey and most importantly, the Power Package supports huge performance gains when tuned.

Customer Service: 10/10 I'll make fun of myself a bit for this category. SSR has an awesome Youtube video that they posted to assist with the installation of the kits in this Power Pack. I, however, did not watch the DCI video prior to installing everything at my buddy's shop and had some pretty basic questions that were covered in the video but I was super excited to get everything installed and skipped right past it. Everything was easy to figure out without instructions except for the placement of the included, different sized washer/spacers. The video clearly explains where each of the labeled washer/spacers go, but don't blink because you'll miss it. I messaged Shah who was slammed busy but he still helped me out and was polite, understanding and got me the info I needed.

Fitment: 9.5/10 The fitment was spot on. The only critique that I have is that the vacuum line connection just barely makes it to the driver's side intake if you try and put the other side of the vacuum line back in the clasp/holder. With that said, the line is rigid enough where the clasp is not needed so I just removed it all together for a cleaner look. Everything else had a perfect fitment, including the downpipes.

Sound: 10/10 No other filter offers a better sound than aluminum. You can hear the turbos spool and dump air as you pedal the accelerator and it sounds sick AF. However, there is a protection trade off. SSR also offers an oiled cotton (K&N stye) filter that should be available if you prefer the added protection. I am running the "hot setup" that provides the awesome noises while adding protection too. AEM 1-4002 pre-filters look awesome and give you that extra assurance...get them and thank me later.

Looks: 11/10 Can I give 11/10 for this category? The Fashion Grey looks amazing and pairs with Yas Marina Blue extremely well. Just look at the pictures...nuff said.

Performance: 10/10 The Power Package is a must if you plan to go with a higher boost tune because it supports BIG power. The stock chargepipes crack, sometimes even with the stock tune and the catless downpipes are highly recommended beyond a Stage 1. I flashed yesterday to a Stage 2 and it is a ROCKET...can't wait to get on full corn juice.

Overall: This Power Package is the best offering out there if you value customer service, need to support extra boost/power and want your engine bay to stand out. Overall score is a 10/10.

-Salvatore-

Power Package link and DIY video links are located below:

https://www.ssr-performance.com/prod...3~yr_2015-2018

Attached Images

Appreciate 1