Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-06-2016, 08:37 AM   #375
ptbarnacle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16- MW M3

That really does suck. Can't believe they're out of carbon splitter and mirrors. I knew the port installed components could add a little time, but that's a lot of time.
Did genius tell you they are waiting on parts? Could there be another reason. Did you confirm that they weren't fixing transportation damage? I don't mean to worry you, but that went through my mind.
Just double check all paint etc with sight and feel before signing on the dotted line.
Spend your time ordering wash buckets, soap, power washer suds thingy, key fob protector, accessories, etc.
Hang in there, the car is worth the wait.
      05-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #376
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbarnacle View Post
That really does suck. Can't believe they're out of carbon splitter and mirrors. I knew the port installed components could add a little time, but that's a lot of time.
Did genius tell you they are waiting on parts? Could there be another reason. Did you confirm that they weren't fixing transportation damage? I don't mean to worry you, but that went through my mind.
Just double check all paint etc with sight and feel before signing on the dotted line.
Spend your time ordering wash buckets, soap, power washer suds thingy, key fob protector, accessories, etc.
Thanks, genius couldn't tell me anything but the estimated delivery to dealer dates. One of the forums members that works at the port said they were waiting on the aero kit. My CA did just get back to me after calling the VPC and said there was some bumper damage that they had to fix, which would explain the longer than typical delay. Knowing there's some damage is probably worse than waiting on parts, but as long as I can't see or detect the damage, it will be okay. I just kept getting new estimated delivery dates every week, each one an additional week.

I already had all the wash gear long ago....

Last edited by drewdogg808; 05-06-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #377
BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdogg808
Quote:
Thanks, genius couldn't tell me anything but the estimated delivery to dealer dates. One of the forums members that works at the port said they were waiting on the aero kit. My CA did just get back to me after calling the VPC and said there was some bumper damage that they had to fix, which would explain the longer than typical delay. Knowing there's some damage is probably worse than waiting on parts, but as long as I can't see or detect the damage, it will be okay. I just kept getting new estimated delivery dates every week, each one an additional week.

Which vpc is it at? When I saw the news article about the brand new vpc opening in I think Texas last month, I thought "I bet there will be a higher number of issues as they get going and learn."
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #378
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR
Quote:
Quote:

Which vpc is it at? When I saw the news article about the brand new vpc opening in I think Texas last month, I thought "I bet there will be a higher number of issues as they get going and learn."
Yup, this is the new one in Galveston, Texas.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #379
BGR
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR
Quote:
Quote:

Yup, this is the new one in Galveston, Texas.
Makes sense they are working out some kinks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #380
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep

Finally took delivery today, car arrived at dealer yesterday. 14 weeks from when I place order! Dealer mentioned they had to replace bumper at VPC, so 3 weeks there. It also sat for almost 2 weeks in Bremerhaven waiting for a ship. Would have been so much more bearable if it was 8-10 weeks as originally expected.
Couple quick iPhone shots. I drive from dealer, have lunch, then home to already find a chip. And I have xpel scheduled at 9 am tomorrow. Ugh.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #381
Gibson6594
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Congrats man, she's a beauty. You'll now forget about the wait and enjoy her.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #382
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Sucks about the chip but only you'll know it's there. How are your first impressions?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 08:08 AM   #383
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

That chip I swear these cars are rock chip magnets. I've got twice as many in 8 months as I did in 2 years on my 328.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #384
ptbarnacle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16- MW M3

Looks beautiful. Seems like a long wait but us West Coasters have to wait as long due to Panama Canal.

I remember my first drive off lot. I actually pulled it out of showroom!! I thought for sure I'd screw it up. I was driving pretty defensively all the way home. Coming from a daily driver large V8 truck, you get spoiled with everyone sees you and doesn't cut you off. Took some getting used to.
Enjoy the car! Chip is low and un-noticeable to everyone else. Bound to happen as a driving enthusiast's car.
      05-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #385
Golfster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: DD: Macan GTS, W/E: 992S

Congrats on the new car. It looks fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 01:17 AM   #386
drewdogg808
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks guys. First impressions were, "this thing is bad ass."

Exhaust sounds deeper and meaner than my e92 and the torque is fantastic, especially during break in currently. It might be that I"m getting old, but it certainly seems louder in the cabin than I recall my e92 was....

Made sure to get full leather this time and as fast as the DCT was, it's more enjoyable to be back in 6MT for me.

I swear, the minute I got on the freeway, I was surrounded by dump trucks, semis, construction vehicles...it seemed almost comical. Talk about blood pressure rising.
At least a little touch up paint and the xpel today made the chip less noticeable. Good thing it's on the passenger side so I don't have to look at it daily.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #387
BGR
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys. First impressions were, "this thing is bad ass."

Exhaust sounds deeper and meaner than my e92 and the torque is fantastic, especially during break in currently. It might be that I"m getting old, but it certainly seems louder in the cabin than I recall my e92 was....

Made sure to get full leather this time and as fast as the DCT was, it's more enjoyable to be back in 6MT for me.

I swear, the minute I got on the freeway, I was surrounded by dump trucks, semis, construction vehicles...it seemed almost comical. Talk about blood pressure rising.
At least a little touch up paint and the xpel today made the chip less noticeable. Good thing it's on the passenger side so I don't have to look at it daily.
I actually also noticed it seemed a little louder inside than my e92 M3. Once I code off ASD I will compare again.

I also had a similar situation to you driving home. I had just worked 10 hours and the spent two hours at the dealer, so I was pretty tired. Driving home in rush hour on narrow construction lanes, surrounded by trucks, was pretty nerve racking.
Appreciate 0