ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-07-2020, 01:50 PM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Garage Mate

Over the last few weeks- I've spent a lot of time cleaning, sorting and organizing. I finally was able to put together a binder with all of my service records, invoices on parts purchased, and work orders on installation. I even found the window sticker from the day I bought my car, and all of the original finance paperwork. I was also able to bubblewrap and organize all of my stock parts neatly. I'll save the long, wordy explanation...

I've come to the realization that I have spent a SHIT LOAD of money on this car over the years. Don't get me wrong- I've loved every moment and haven't flinched once, or had any regrets. But contrary to anything I've said or posted before- I'm dead set on keeping my car. Its paid off, its clean as can be, well maintained, low mileage- why let it go?

My son is due to arrive in July (first child!) and I will be in the market for a sedan by the end of the year. I'd love to to add an F90 M5 as my sedan/family car that I won't mod (yeah right).

Does anyone here have an F90 M5 in addition to their F8x? Or an M550i?

Post pics! Share your thoughts! Do anything to help keep the time moving!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
Jason60051
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I've been spending a lot of time doing the same types of things you describe. Silver lining in everything.
      04-07-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
cbertels
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 YMB-SS

Congrats on the new arrival! I've got an F80 and haul our little one around it in regularly (10 months). Trunk easily holds the stroller and if putting the car seat in the middle, you get a few inches of seat travel for the upfront passengers. I've even stuffed both in-laws in the back for family outing no problem.

I'm eager to trade mine in for the F90 but like you I've missed too much and I didn't keep many of the stock parts so I think I'll keep it for a while longer.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      04-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #4
JetdaCorg
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 F15 X50i

Congrats! Have a 14 month old and went through the similar questions. F80 will fit the infant carrier behind the passenger seat but the front seat will be pushed pretty far forward and a stroller will fit in the trunk. my wife has a '16 X5 50i that we primarily use as the family hauler that works well lots of room. F90 M5 would be my vote or X5M
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      04-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
N55Msport
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11'E90 15'F30 16'F80

Congrats on a summer baby! Glad to see you are keeping the M4. Only sat in a F90 and compared to my F80 it is a ton of car for the money.

I personally couldn't think of a better combo.....M4...coupe, S55, fun back roads car. And for the family, the F90. Sedan, S63 V8, highway cruiser.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      04-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #6
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
I've been spending a lot of time doing the same types of things you describe. Silver lining in everything.
Oh yea- Very quick to not love something as much when it's presence has been routine. Stay safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbertels View Post
Congrats on the new arrival! I've got an F80 and haul our little one around it in regularly (10 months). Trunk easily holds the stroller and if putting the car seat in the middle, you get a few inches of seat travel for the upfront passengers. I've even stuffed both in-laws in the back for family outing no problem.

I'm eager to trade mine in for the F90 but like you I've missed too much and I didn't keep many of the stock parts so I think I'll keep it for a while longer.
Thanks! I get nervous about it and the changes it will bring, but I'm VERY excited. You're lucky to have the F80. My F82 won't allow for such maneuvering inside the cabin. I also figured that I won't be taking a newborn anywhere alone in my car. Lowered, loud, no room for a seat and passengers hence why an F90 would fix this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetdaCorg View Post
Congrats! Have a 14 month old and went through the similar questions. F80 will fit the infant carrier behind the passenger seat but the front seat will be pushed pretty far forward and a stroller will fit in the trunk. my wife has a '16 X5 50i that we primarily use as the family hauler that works well lots of room. F90 M5 would be my vote or X5M
Congrats to you as well. I don't see how a stroller of any kind would fit in my trunk now, unless it were the collapsable ones you get a Disney. I get pretty frustrated having to put anything in the backseat, a child isn't going back there. If the wife would agree to the X5M I wouldn't even be considering the F90. But she's hard set on another SUV so that explains my stance at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55Msport View Post
Congrats on a summer baby! Glad to see you are keeping the M4. Only sat in a F90 and compared to my F80 it is a ton of car for the money.

I personally couldn't think of a better combo.....M4...coupe, S55, fun back roads car. And for the family, the F90. Sedan, S63 V8, highway cruiser.

Thanks, we're excited! Having the M4 for over 5 years now, I guess I didn't pay attention to the journey and costs so closely along the way.

But after organizing it all, seeing that this car, and all it came with was well over 100k. Trading it in and letting all that attention to the details just go away is not something I'm ready to do with this car, makes no sense. I still love the car, I just need something for obvious reasons .

But I agree, my M4 as my "Garage" car that won't be driven as much, a car I'll forever maintain and upgrade, and the F90- The family mover. The grown up enthuisast. 2 M cars didn't make sense to anyone I spoke with. Very odd.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0