Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-08-2022, 01:56 PM   #1
TarponTime
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv.

I've had my 2016 M4 for about a year and am still learning the car. I just got back from a road trip and I am now getting a "chassis function restricted" message at start up and the SOS guy says I am not transmitting information.

Additionally, below the tack, where I would normally see the M functions for engine, suspension, and steering, no functions are available/chosen for suspension. Any thoughts on next steps before I take it to the dealership to be checked out?

Thanks in advance, TT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2022, 04:56 PM   #2
Bernina5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F82

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
you need to replace the accelerator sensor, on the driver side side of the strut (you can do it simply by removing the tire)

see this post below and scroll down on it.. the gentleman circled the sensor labeled EDC Sensor

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1092996&page=7

al BMW ACCELERATION SENSOR part number- 37155A0F905
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2022, 01:07 PM   #3
TarponTime
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Conv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernina5 View Post
you need to replace the accelerator sensor, on the driver side side of the strut (you can do it simply by removing the tire)

see this post below and scroll down on it.. the gentleman circled the sensor labeled EDC Sensor

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...996&page=7

Thanks, again I am new to the car and BMW, but am a diy'er. .

I notice that the symptoms in that thread are similar, but not identical. The post also states that they diagnosed through fault codes as to what was wrong. The only thing I have connected to the diagnostic port is Bimmer code, so do I need something else to make sure I'm addressing the correct problem. Or is there a way thru the normal menus to diagnose?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2022, 01:42 PM   #4
Bernina5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F82

Garage List
2016 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarponTime View Post
Quote:

I notice that the symptoms in that thread are similar, but not identical. The post also states that they diagnosed through fault codes as to what was wrong. The only thing I have connected to the diagnostic port is Bimmer code, so do I need something else to make sure I'm addressing the correct problem. Or is there a way thru the normal menus to diagnose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarponTime View Post
Quote:

Yes try the app- bimmerlink and run code you will get them there

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0