EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

11-12-2020, 05:59 PM   #45
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Yep it's good we all like different things, otherwise we would all be driving Model -T's still.

I honestly think the DCT takes away from the car (brilliant gearbox, but just far too smooth and clinical).
The whole car is like that though clinical and numb to agree and compared to others !!

will you be getting another then ?

Anyway....

Last edited by boba-fett; 11-12-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:11 AM   #46
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

LOL. - Here we go, bringing the standards of this place right down now!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 05:03 PM   #47
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba-fett View Post
will you be getting another then ?
Never say never
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 03:41 AM   #48
Penetrator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Apparently some EGOs have left Cutters lol how we all doing gents?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 04:11 AM   #49
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
Apparently some EGOs have left Cutters lol how we all doing gents?
LOL! Hi mate. Hope I’m not being included in that classification. I’m missing Cutters. Missing the guys and the banter but I’m trying to stand by my principles! Even if it doesn’t really make much difference!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 04:17 AM   #50
Penetrator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone_UK View Post
LOL! Hi mate. Hope I’m not being included in that classification. I’m missing Cutters. Missing the guys and the banter but I’m trying to stand by my principles! Even if it doesn’t really make much difference!

I started a thread in the general area called “blokes leaving or being booted” as I wanted to see what snakes came out the wood work, have a look mate.
Just rejoin under a new name
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 08:32 AM   #51
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
I started a thread in the general area called “blokes leaving or being booted” as I wanted to see what snakes came out the wood work, have a look mate.
Just rejoin under a new name
Nah. I could but if anyone's interested in keeping in touch, it's not hard to find me and conversely if anyone disagrees with my exit or thought I was being a drama-queen and want to slag me off for it, that's their perogative.

I've no beef with anyone on that site. I just don't agree with how it's run and I think the culture that has been created within the moderating team runs too deep for that change. I've never actually been in any bother or had any run-ins with the mods or Suraj but I'm just sick of seeing it being done to other people.

They said they disagree with me on the "Ask the mods thread" but I'll bet they've grudgingly had a re-think in the background about how they treat their users.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 03:38 PM   #52
boba-fett
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone_UK View Post
Nah. I could but if anyone's interested in keeping in touch, it's not hard to find me and conversely if anyone disagrees with my exit or thought I was being a drama-queen and want to slag me off for it, that's their perogative.

I've no beef with anyone on that site. I just don't agree with how it's run and I think the culture that has been created within the moderating team runs too deep for that change. I've never actually been in any bother or had any run-ins with the mods or Suraj but I'm just sick of seeing it being done to other people.

They said they disagree with me on the "Ask the mods thread" but I'll bet they've grudgingly had a re-think in the background about how they treat their users.
Reviving an old thread now the new forum is up and running !!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #53
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Is there a new forumbthen?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #54
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_rx7 View Post
Is there a new forumbthen?
It's Deutschespeed Ed...
      06-06-2022, 08:14 AM   #55
MrM422
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

Scotsman
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 04:52 PM   #56
Shueb
Rep
Drives: Various

So this is where we gather... this is quite funny. Hello all. I'm Shuey, and I'm a refugee.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2023, 04:58 PM   #57
Shueb
Rep

I could explain why I've been banished... but guessing it's not worth it. Based on what I know I did wrong - and I put my hands up, I can't imagine their policies will give them much longevity... especially when better products are out there. Just a shame - as it felt like the most active UK M car forum.

It's also amusing that all the forums I'm registered on (from every other brand) had no issue with what I posted on Cutters to get myself banned.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 05:42 PM   #58
Johnny1987
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Im one of the cutters. I never get replies when I need help/advice over there. Seems as though its the same clique thats tight nit and if you aint in it, you aint in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 06:50 AM   #59
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shueb View Post
So this is where we gather... this is quite funny. Hello all. I'm Shuey, and I'm a refugee.
Bloody hell… hello Shuey!

I’m not a cutters refugee, I’m still on there all the time. To be honest I’ve never had a problem with anyone on that site.

What did you post out of interest, that got you banned?

Colin (C1CDG)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 05:41 PM   #60
Shueb
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Bloody hell… hello Shuey!

I’m not a cutters refugee, I’m still on there all the time. To be honest I’ve never had a problem with anyone on that site.

What did you post out of interest, that got you banned?

Colin (C1CDG)
Yeh never had an issue either until I posted a multi-day run I was organising.

Essentially it was trial run for me to see if I could potentially turn it into a business some point in the future. Even tho I wasn't charging or making any kind of money from it. Rant over!

Anyway to cut a long story short - they removed my post after about two weeks - once I started getting a few drivers wanting to attend. I even emailed them to see how much an authorised trader costs roughly - IF it ended up being something I decided to launch as business in future (something next year or year after)

They ended up barring my account completely - after sending a PM to the people who did want to attend to tell them to contact me direct if they still want to join.

So yeh - I get they probably have people constantly trying to take advantage of some free advertising - end of they day I know they're a business... and I do get their point, but I was pretty upfront the whole time, which is kinda annoying.

Had I just lied, and not created a very organised drive schedule... they prob would have just not done anything.
Appreciate 0