EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-02-2020, 02:51 PM   #45
Gigaton Punch
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeM3 View Post
Damnit I'm sorry man that's definitely 100% a driving center track car... Registered in Woodcliff Lake NJ, zero maintenance history until it was dumped off at the dealer, worn bolster, CCBs, tons of rock chips, all the signs of a driving center car
I don't think just because it was registered at Woodcliff Lake, NJ, means that this was an M Performance track class car. It might have been a exec car. And my understanding is that BMW cannot CPO M performance track cars.

Also, sometimes not all maintenance records show up on Carfax. You should ask the dealer to send you to repair/service record to see what services were done before it was sold.

The damage sucks, but it might have come from all highway driving... But I think it should be safe since it was CPO.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #46
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Yup that's it good work!

I'm surprised this car even got CPO'd
Exactly my question goes through CPO and sold with a bumper that needs obvious repairs as well as the headlights LOL.
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #47
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaton Punch View Post

I don't think just because it was registered at Woodcliff Lake, NJ, means that this was an M Performance track class car. It might have been a exec car.
I'm not necessarily saying it is solely because it was registered there. I'm saying it is because it's registered there along with the many other signs of it being a track car. The fact that it has all those rock chips and worn bolsters in only 6k miles is what's confirming my suspicion. An exec car wouldn't have that much wear on it
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00
      12-02-2020, 02:58 PM   #48
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post

Exactly my question goes through CPO and sold with a bumper that needs obvious repairs as well as the headlights LOL.
My guess is that they're a pretty sketchy dealer and certified the car because they knew they probably wouldn't be able to sell a '19 with only 6k miles that couldn't be certified
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:02 PM   #49
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My guess is that they're a pretty sketchy dealer and certified the car because they knew they probably wouldn't be able to sell a '19 with only 6k miles that couldn't be certified
I agree, I called the guy who sold me the car and he said the GM will get in touch with me no later than tomorrow. Just trying to get everything together to tell the GM that if indeed it was a BMW Track school car or whatever its called. That im returning the car.
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:05 PM   #50
Gigaton Punch
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I'm not necessarily saying it is solely because it was registered there. I'm saying it is because it's registered there along with the many other signs of it being a track car. The fact that it has all those rock chips and worn bolsters in only 6k miles is what's confirming my suspicion. An exec car wouldn't have that much wear on it
Yep, I hear you.

YASBBYM3, did your have any other options like active blind or active driving assistance? Does your car have the 666 style 20 inch rims? I've heard that they don't use those for M track cars given the size.
Appreciate 1
doug_9992538.50
      12-02-2020, 03:09 PM   #51
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Best of luck man, definitely keep us updated. If I had to guess they'll deny that it was a track car or try to say they didn't know. I'd tell them if they don't take it back then you're going to call BMW NA. Were there any disclosures made to you in the paperwork that the car was a corporate car?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #52
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanh24 View Post
That's good for him though, right? Wont the car being CPO'd help him out with this entire process?
That's the only thing I don't have an answer to. It is a mitigating factor but everything else still adds up. My two theories would be that the dealer genuinely didn't know or they knew they couldn't sell the car without certifying it. The carfax doesn't even show the car had the break in service and BMW's rule is if the car doesn't get that service done then it can't be certified. So somethings fishy here but it's not uncommon for cars to get certified that shouldn't have been certified in the first place
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:16 PM   #53
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
I don't think just because it was registered at Woodcliff Lake, NJ, means that this was an M Performance track class car. It might have been a exec car. And my understanding is that BMW cannot CPO M performance track cars.

Also, sometimes not all maintenance records show up on Carfax. You should ask the dealer to send you to repair/service record to see what services were done before it was sold.

The damage sucks, but it might have come from all highway driving... But I think it should be safe since it was CPO.

I'd love to know what kind of highways are capable of producing the amount of pitting shown in just over 6k miles. My car has 20+ highway miles per day in the center of rock chip city and after 46k miles I have about one percent of that amount of pitting shown in the photo.
Appreciate 1
CYANiDE167.00
      12-02-2020, 03:24 PM   #54
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

OP ask for the internal dealer service records for the vehicle. Every BMW dealer has access to these and it will tell you which services were performed and at what dealer location. They will not certify a car if it has not at least hit the required maintenance intervals so unless the dealer is acting in bad faith, I wouldn't worry about carfax not showing the services (it's quite common that carfax won't show the entire history) I'll PM you mine.
      12-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #55
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yep, I hear you.

YASBBYM3, did your have any other options like active blind or active driving assistance? Does your car have the 666 style 20 inch rims? I've heard that they don't use those for M track cars given the size.
Here you go!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #56
TRYM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

says right on the car fax corporate fleet vehicle, definitely not a car id want but I can see them putting it on you saying they provided you the car fax and you didnt notice that
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #57
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Best of luck man, definitely keep us updated. If I had to guess they'll deny that it was a track car or try to say they didn't know. I'd tell them if they don't take it back then you're going to call BMW NA. Were there any disclosures made to you in the paperwork that the car was a corporate car?
The funny part is... I still haven't received paper work since the notary left the dealership stated they will mail my paper work. Which I haven't received yet lol but I can't really recall. It's been since 11/18 since I signed off..
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:36 PM   #58
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
Quote:

I'd love to know what kind of highways are capable of producing the amount of pitting shown in just over 6k miles. My car has 20+ highway miles per day in the center of rock chip city and after 46k miles I have about one percent of that amount of pitting shown in the photo.
It's crazy only 6k miles
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:38 PM   #59
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRYM3 View Post
says right on the car fax corporate fleet vehicle, definitely not a car id want but I can see them putting it on you saying they provided you the car fax and you didnt notice that
But shouldn't they at least disclosed that it's been a bmw program car or whatever..? At least in good faith.
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #60
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
OP ask for the internal dealer service records for the vehicle. Every BMW dealer has access to these and it will tell you which services were performed and at what dealer location. They will not certify a car if it has not at least hit the required maintenance intervals so unless the dealer is acting in bad faith, I wouldn't worry about carfax not showing the services (it's quite common that carfax won't show the entire history) I'll PM you mine.
Will do! Thank you that would be nice!
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #61
HyeM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But shouldn't they at least disclosed that it's been a bmw program car or whatever..? At least in good faith.
Yeah I think they're supposed to disclose it somewhere. I doubt carfax is enough to qualify as a disclosure because "corporate fleet vehicle" is very vague and they certified the vehicle and hid all the damage so there was no reason for you to be suspicious
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #62
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
Can you spill the beans on how much you paid for this car?
No Problem lmao this is already embarrassing. 67k Free shipping, No money down, and refresh of the maintenance program.
67k including tax or is that the base price? What was the original msrp? For that for fking sure they better take care of this or buy it back. I'd post your experience on all relevant review sites. This is the only recourse that you can control.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:08 PM   #63
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I think they're supposed to disclose it somewhere. I doubt carfax is enough to qualify as a disclosure because "corporate fleet vehicle" is very vague and they certified the vehicle and hid all the damage so there was no reason for you to be suspicious
For sure ill keep all this in mind when i get into contact with the GM.
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50
      12-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #64
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
67k including tax or is that the base price? What was the original msrp? For that for fking sure they better take care of this or buy it back. I'd post your experience on all relevant review sites. This is the only recourse that you can control.
Just base.. Almost 73 with taxes.
Appreciate 1
White3401383.50
      12-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #65
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Did you get the car shipped in an enclosed or open trailer? I wouldn't be surprised if this is from an open trailer.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:24 PM   #66
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Did you get the car shipped in an enclosed or open trailer? I wouldn't be surprised if this is from an open trailer.
The dealership had it shipped. It was the last car on the trailer, there was two cars in front of it and one on top. You think from Texas to Florida all of this could have occurred?
Appreciate 1
BMW335i_111.50