INDustry distribution
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #441
BzsBimmer
Brigadier General
BzsBimmer's Avatar
South Korea
820
Rep
4,190
Posts

Drives: 2011 X5M & 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nor. Cal

iTrader: (22)

Send a message via Yahoo to BzsBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Is there a problem with this particular scenario?
You must be running larger turbos with e85 and custom tune and not stock
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:39 AM   #442
M and Ms
Captain
M and Ms's Avatar
United_States
555
Rep
624
Posts

Drives: F80 M3, E92 M3, E39 M5
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern CA

iTrader: (2)

A couple that wanted to play in the last few weeks.

Infiniti Q50 RedSport 400, visible mods were front mount intercooler or heat exchanger and a few stickers on the side.



06-07 STi, sounded like an EWG, FlexFuel badge on the back, assuming E85 and the mandatory full array of Defi gauges. Other Mods unknown.


Last edited by M and Ms; 06-17-2019 at 01:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 02:51 AM   #443
behindthen0thing
Private First Class
behindthen0thing's Avatar
96
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
You must be running larger turbos with e85 and custom tune and not stock
Not Stock, custom tune.
98 RON fuel. no cats, eventuri intake.
Turbo's are stock.

I don't know what to tell you the guy couldn't pull away. I never came across a GTR before, and I've wanted one myself, so it seemed like a good time to see how I'd fair against one.

Maybe the guy's car wasn't running well? IDK. But he could not pull away. After the second pull, he moved over and I casually passed him and looked in the window to wave, and he looked pissed off.

His exhaust was not stock and I assume he's been tuned since there was fire that came out of the back when he let off to brake.
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #444
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
942
Rep
2,102
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and Ms View Post
A couple that wanted to play in the last few weeks.

Infiniti Q50 RedSport 400, visible mods were front mount intercooler or heat exchanger and a few stickers on the side.


06-07 STi, sounded like an EWG, FlexFuel badge on the back, assuming E85 and the mandatory full array of Defi gauges. Other Mods unknown.
What mods are you running?
Appreciate 1
crl847441.50

      06-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #445
BIGW0RM
There's principalities in this.
BIGW0RM's Avatar
No_Country
414
Rep
2,912
Posts

Drives: 2019 Porsche 911 GTS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ///OC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Some guy in blue M3 CS hit me up at Margarita and Crown Valley on Fathers Day. I was minding my own business with my wife and small child in my car at the red light. He was next to me.

You slow roll stalked me from the green across the intersection only to MASH it and FLEX them CS muscles like you had something to prove...lol.

Dude, if you read this. Your like 50+yrs old. Time to drive like an adult. You are not faster than me in any shape way or form. And Ive had 6 BMW M cars. I know what you have buddy. But flex on if you feel the need to stroke your ego.

Love,
The guy in the 2019 911 GTS that could have ate you for breakfast.
__________________
2019 Porsche 911 GTS / 2018 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #446
behindthen0thing
Private First Class
behindthen0thing's Avatar
96
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Some guy in blue M3 CS hit me up at Margarita and Crown Valley on Fathers Day. I was minding my own business with my wife and small child in my car at the red light. He was next to me.

You slow roll stalked me from the green across the intersection only to MASH it and FLEX them CS muscles like you had something to prove...lol.

Dude, if you read this. Your like 50+yrs old. Time to drive like an adult. You are not faster than me in any shape way or form. And Ive had 6 BMW M cars. I know what you have buddy. But flex on if you feel the need to stroke your ego.

Love,
The guy in the 2019 911 GTS that could have ate you for breakfast.
i don't see event like this as flexing, it's more of a show of respect, and a nod to another great sports car.
Why be offended?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #447
BIGW0RM
There's principalities in this.
BIGW0RM's Avatar
No_Country
414
Rep
2,912
Posts

Drives: 2019 Porsche 911 GTS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ///OC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
i don't see event like this as flexing, it's more of a show of respect, and a nod to another great sports car.
Why be offended?
In California, we tend to thumbs up or give a friendly nod when we see a car we like on the road. At least that's what I do.

Stalking someone from a red light only to see Im not racing him, and to then downshift and take off like a bat out of hell is showing off. "Look at me" "look at me" was all over his face. I despise that.

I want to make it clear I was not looking for a race. I was not looking for him to bow down to me or anything like that. I was simply sitting a red light and watched this guy race himself for no reason other than to show me what he has.

He looked at me the whole time he drove off just itching for me to mash it and play his game. No thanks.

PS: I am not hating on BMW. I had 6 and will forever be a BMW enthusiast. I am not saying my car is better than his either. So please dont look at this as some Im better than you rant. My issue was how he acted for no reason. That's all.
__________________
2019 Porsche 911 GTS / 2018 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 5
      06-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #448
behindthen0thing
Private First Class
behindthen0thing's Avatar
96
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
In California, we tend to thumbs up or give a friendly nod when we see a car we like on the road. At least that's what I do.

Stalking someone from a red light only to see Im not racing him, and to then downshift and take off like a bat out of hell is showing off. "Look at me" "look at me" was all over his face. I despise that.

I want to make it clear I was not looking for a race. I was not looking for him to bow down to me or anything like that. I was simply sitting a red light and watched this guy race himself for no reason other than to show me what he has.

He looked at me the whole time he drove off just itching for me to mash it and play his game. No thanks.

PS: I am not hating on BMW. I had 6 and will forever be a BMW enthusiast. I am not saying my car is better than his either. So please dont look at this as some Im better than you rant. My issue was how he acted for no reason. That's all.

I'll say it.
your car is better than his.
Appreciate 2
jmg6895.00

      06-17-2019, 07:34 PM   #449
BIGW0RM
There's principalities in this.
BIGW0RM's Avatar
No_Country
414
Rep
2,912
Posts

Drives: 2019 Porsche 911 GTS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ///OC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
I'll say it.
your car is better than his.
Depends on what you are looking for though.

I miss my F80 M3 for all practicality reasons. The 911 is great. But the F80 M3 is just so much easier to live with as a daily. Having 4 doors is bliss at times.

I love both equally for what they are. They are both my favorite cars to own. And if they ever put a V8 back in the M3, I will sell my porsche in a heartbeat for it. Twin turbo V8 F80 sized M car would be my dream car.
__________________
2019 Porsche 911 GTS / 2018 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 12:46 AM   #450
M and Ms
Captain
M and Ms's Avatar
United_States
555
Rep
624
Posts

Drives: F80 M3, E92 M3, E39 M5
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Southern CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
What mods are you running?
Alpine Tune.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 05:14 AM   #451
behindthen0thing
Private First Class
behindthen0thing's Avatar
96
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Depends on what you are looking for though.

I miss my F80 M3 for all practicality reasons. The 911 is great. But the F80 M3 is just so much easier to live with as a daily. Having 4 doors is bliss at times.

I love both equally for what they are. They are both my favorite cars to own. And if they ever put a V8 back in the M3, I will sell my porsche in a heartbeat for it. Twin turbo V8 F80 sized M car would be my dream car.
This will not happen in the foreseeable future.
The EU is concerned about noise and emissions. Thats why engines are getting smaller, turbo'd and having particle filters installed on gas engines.

Certain types of diesels are not allow to drive down certain residential areas in germany already.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #452
BIGW0RM
There's principalities in this.
BIGW0RM's Avatar
No_Country
414
Rep
2,912
Posts

Drives: 2019 Porsche 911 GTS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ///OC

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
This will not happen in the foreseeable future.
The EU is concerned about noise and emissions. Thats why engines are getting smaller, turbo'd and having particle filters installed on gas engines.

Certain types of diesels are not allow to drive down certain residential areas in germany already.
Yes the V8 is slowly being phased out of the world. But I can still dream!
__________________
2019 Porsche 911 GTS / 2018 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #453
///FASTDAD
Lieutenant
///FASTDAD's Avatar
United_States
79
Rep
437
Posts

Drives: AW M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
This will not happen in the foreseeable future.
The EU is concerned about noise and emissions. Thats why engines are getting smaller, turbo'd and having particle filters installed on gas engines.

Certain types of diesels are not allow to drive down certain residential areas in germany already.
Yes the V8 is slowly being phased out of the world. But I can still dream!
C63S
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2019, 12:57 AM   #454
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
942
Rep
2,102
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M and Ms View Post
Alpine Tune.
Thank you, sir. I'm guessing stage 1 or whatever the entry level tune is.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:37 AM   #455
sankarea
Private
sankarea's Avatar
14
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: 2019 LRG M4 CS ; 2019 GTR
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Not Stock, custom tune.
98 RON fuel. no cats, eventuri intake.
Turbo's are stock.

I don't know what to tell you the guy couldn't pull away. I never came across a GTR before, and I've wanted one myself, so it seemed like a good time to see how I'd fair against one.

Maybe the guy's car wasn't running well? IDK. But he could not pull away. After the second pull, he moved over and I casually passed him and looked in the window to wave, and he looked pissed off.

His exhaust was not stock and I assume he's been tuned since there was fire that came out of the back when he let off to brake.
Probably a CBA GTR with a cat-delete or something.
I doubt he was modified much, as even a midpipe + tune DBA will trap 130.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #456
chmura
Colonel
chmura's Avatar
1123
Rep
2,038
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Some guy in blue M3 CS hit me up at Margarita and Crown Valley on Fathers Day. I was minding my own business with my wife and small child in my car at the red light. He was next to me.

You slow roll stalked me from the green across the intersection only to MASH it and FLEX them CS muscles like you had something to prove...lol.

Dude, if you read this. Your like 50+yrs old. Time to drive like an adult. You are not faster than me in any shape way or form. And Ive had 6 BMW M cars. I know what you have buddy. But flex on if you feel the need to stroke your ego.

Love,
The guy in the 2019 911 GTS that could have ate you for breakfast.
Come on, he was just having a bit of fun. People buy these cars to have some fun and not drive it like a Prius. And who cares if he is 50 years old. Better than Porsche drivers driving 60 mph in the fast lane. I see this alot in OC.
__________________
2019 M2 Competition- October 2, 2018 ED
2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White
Picked up via ED 9/27/2011 & Redelivered 11/23/2011 **SOLD**
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 01:33 AM   #457
Fuller
Captain
671
Rep
882
Posts

Drives: F36 435i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
Some guy in blue M3 CS hit me up at Margarita and Crown Valley on Fathers Day. I was minding my own business with my wife and small child in my car at the red light. He was next to me.

You slow roll stalked me from the green across the intersection only to MASH it and FLEX them CS muscles like you had something to prove...lol.

Dude, if you read this. Your like 50+yrs old. Time to drive like an adult. You are not faster than me in any shape way or form. And Ive had 6 BMW M cars. I know what you have buddy. But flex on if you feel the need to stroke your ego.

Love,
The guy in the 2019 911 GTS that could have ate you for breakfast.
Come on, he was just having a bit of fun. People buy these cars to have some fun and not drive it like a Prius. And who cares if he is 50 years old. Better than Porsche drivers driving 60 mph in the fast lane. I see this alot in OC.
There's a time and place to have fun though. The key is in being able to recognize when its ok, and what type of behavior is appropriate for the setting. Racing someone across a busy intersection, with their family in the vehicle, is NOT the time or place for that. That idiot doesn't deserve his m3. He gives bmw drivers a bad name, or reinforces the negative stereotypes. Why race a Porsche anyway? The chances are good that many p-car owners had, at one time, owned or driven an m-car of some sort before moving up the performance car ladder. The guy must be a natural at stupidity because one couldn't create such poetic idiocy with determination alone.

There should be another level of licensing necessary to own a vehicle with over 300 hp, or whatever figure makes sense. The motorist should be required to demonstrate measurable competency and responsibility before being allowed to operate a powerful vehicle. We live in a time when any child, or adult idiot, with the funds can go buy a 700+ hp hellcat and endanger others who are just trying to go about their business. Instead the tendency is for lazy, reactive legislators to draft blanket policy restrictions that would simply ban powerful cars, ruining the privilege for everyone instead of regulating the stupid people who shouldn't own them.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #458
elinstylez
Lieutenant
elinstylez's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
486
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (2)

S1000RR. I don't think stock ones shoot flames. Nice guy, gave me a thumbs up after smoking me lol
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #459
shortseller
Brigadier General
shortseller's Avatar
United_States
884
Rep
3,298
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
S1000RR. I don't think stock ones shoot flames. Nice guy, gave me a thumbs up after smoking me lol
Yeah, at 2.6 sec 0-60 in “stock form”, it’s just nice to watch them go!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST