BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

07-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

25k Service expectations

Recently purchased a pre-owned 2016 F82. Now I've got ~22k miles on it and I'm getting a display warning saying "service due since 06/2019"

I'd imagine this is the 25k mile service. I've read a lot of stories about my nearest BMW dealership and am hesitant to take it in for the scheduled service.

I've read this service is simply oil/filter change and cabin filter change. Would I be better off doing this service myself? I haven't found any information on how to reset the scheduled maintenance reminder; can anyone shed some light/make recommendations on this?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
agentrnge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 6MT, 2001 740iL

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1501292
2 year / 20k service. would be just oil and cabin filter.
3 year / 30k adds plugs, and intake filter.

I just did my own oil change for the first time ( in this car ) and would suggest anyone do the same. I imagine plugs and intake filters are not that tough to do either.

Get the proper socket adapter for the filter housing though, lol. I wasted too much time farting around with generic strap wrenches and otherwise wrong tools for the job.
Appreciate 1