BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2019, 11:52 PM   #23
NUTScapes
Brigadier General
NUTScapes's Avatar
United_States
6158
Rep
4,518
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
I'd like to debunk many of the assumptions that have been posted. Everyone has their own unique situation and from my perspective I can tell you that the honeymoon will never end for me with the CS. Having owned a Non-ZCP M4, I have to say that the CS blows it away in every way. I actually like the lack of center console and the lighter door cards are indeed cool. The CS Hood really adds lines to the car that should've been there from day one!

In my scenario, the payment isn't too high, and my insurance is under $100 per month on the car. The reason why I'm entertaining transferring it is because I initially thought I'd have more opportunities to drive the car, yet because of some company politics, I cannot drive it to work.

And yes, I am looking to profit a little off of transferring my lease because a lot of time and effort went into negotiating quite possibly the lowest CS lease on this forum. My time is valuable and even after asking for a down payment to assume the lease, the payment is still lower than what most are able to negotiate even with the down payment I'm asking. At the end of the day, it's a win win situation for me because if I don't end up transferring my lease, I'll just drive the car as much as I can over the weekend and either way, with how cheap it is for me to drive, I'll be one happy camper regardless.

There's absolutely no bias here, but I will say that after having the M4CS, I could never revert back to even a ZCP model. Just wouldn't compare for me. Solely my opinion though....
Not to go off topic but no manual tho. But at least the M4CS has the OLED tail lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 01:45 AM   #24
Humdizzle
Captain
556
Rep
656
Posts

Drives: 2010 ferrari 458
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

yeah i think alot of people like the idea of having a sports car but then realize they want a center arm rest, real door panels, rear AC, etc. And the compromise isn't worth it.

Plus im sure many dealers were like... well this is a 100k car... buuuut since you are a preferred client at this dealer we can give you the lease rate that is the same as a 70k msrp Cayman. To make you feel like you are getting some sort of deal.
__________________

2010 Ferrari 458
2015 SSII F80 6MT
2009 Honda Civic
Previous: E36 M3 | E46 M3 | R35 GTR | FR-S | F30 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 05:29 AM   #25
Kief
Brigadier General
Kief's Avatar
United_States
2217
Rep
3,835
Posts

Drives: '18 ///M3CS; '18 ///X5M
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

iTrader: (16)

The reason I transferred my Alpine White M3CS was so I could get a San Marino Blue M3CS. Then again, I must be an outlier

I daily my CS (unless I take the X5M beast out), but this bs about no rear a/c, center arm rest, or comfort access is just crazy talk.

Having said this, I'm sure my lease will be up for transfer before the lease expires, only bc I rarely keep my cars long. However, there isn't anything currently I would want to replace either my M3CS or X5M, so this may be a record for me!
__________________
__________________
'18-F80 SMB M3CS; '18-F80 AW M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F-Type CR*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '16-F-Type CR*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '15-V60 Polestar(#62)*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '07-MkV GTI*; '06-R53 MCS (JCW) 6MT*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 12:16 PM   #26
KEVORM
New Member
14
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
but this bs about no rear a/c, center arm rest, or comfort access is just crazy talk.
Agreed. It's crazy to me how much non-CS owners bang on about this stuff. It's totally trivial to the owning experience. The center console is high enough to rest your arm on. Rear AC is tiny in a regular M3 or any F8x/F3x, just point side front vents toward rear passengers. Comfort access......okay, you got me there. It's annoying .

I daily my CS. Have a car seat in the back and a smile in the front. Not going anywhere.
__________________
Current: 2018 M3CS LRG, 2JZ Swap e46 touring
Gone: F31 328 sport wagon, e30 PRO3 racecar, MkV GTI
Appreciate 2
saveywil1101.00
DS_BMW485.00

      07-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #27
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
2655
Rep
2,506
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

There’s just a group of people who flip cars because they have to have something different very frequently. And i think a lot of them are BMW customers because BMW’s lease subsidies make the payments accessible to a lot of secondary customers, and BMWFS makes the lease swap process pretty easy.

I don’t think it’s necessarily an issue with the CS because these people would be swapping leases for almost any car that they had.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #28
KANdaddy
Lieutenant Colonel
KANdaddy's Avatar
152
Rep
1,867
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS - SMB
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORM View Post
Agreed. It's crazy to me how much non-CS owners bang on about this stuff. It's totally trivial to the owning experience. The center console is high enough to rest your arm on. Rear AC is tiny in a regular M3 or any F8x/F3x, just point side front vents toward rear passengers. Comfort access......okay, you got me there. It's annoying .

I daily my CS. Have a car seat in the back and a smile in the front. Not going anywhere.
Totally agree here as well as with Kiefís post. I have owned every M3 except the e30. I daily drove all of them and road raced the e36 & e46. I FU**ING LOVE my CS! I daily it and I donít miss the armrest, my family doesnít notice the loss of rear AC (Iíve asked them) as the main AC cools everything adequately. I do miss comfort access but itís a fair trade for all the special bits the CS has. This car is a beast, a joy to drive, very comfortable and both puts a smile on my face and scares me at the same time! The only reason Iíd get rid of it is if at end-of-lease I happen to be able to find a used one in better condition for less money (or the new M3 is too good to pass).

I know this doesnít address the question of why people are dumping their CS leases, but as a recipient of such a transfer who was actually paid to take over, Iím sure glad they are!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #29
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
spool twice's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
1,451
Posts

Drives: BMW M4cs
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL Area

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVORM View Post
Agreed. It's crazy to me how much non-CS owners bang on about this stuff. It's totally trivial to the owning experience. The center console is high enough to rest your arm on. Rear AC is tiny in a regular M3 or any F8x/F3x, just point side front vents toward rear passengers. Comfort access......okay, you got me there. It's annoying .

I daily my CS. Have a car seat in the back and a smile in the front. Not going anywhere.
It's one of those situations where if they say it enough, repeatedly, that it becomes "factual" in their minds. But we (us CS owners, me, you, and others), know better, and we know those items are a non-issue.

We drive the cars properly, hands at 10 and 2, and not lazy with one of our arms on the arm rest...
__________________
-Loe P.-
Prior: '02 S4 6spd / '04 M3 SMG / '04 S4 6spd / '07 E92 335i 6spd / '09 E90 M3 DCT
Sold:'14 Audi S5 DSG [ APR ECU/TCU | Pullies + basic bolt-on mods | 10.861@127.90mph ]
Current: '19 M4cs, '17 Jetta 1.4t 5spd
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:04 PM   #30
trendy26
Captain
171
Rep
720
Posts

Drives: 2017 F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
There's just a group of people who flip cars because they have to have something different very frequently. And i think a lot of them are BMW customers because BMW's lease subsidies make the payments accessible to a lot of secondary customers, and BMWFS makes the lease swap process pretty easy.

I don't think it's necessarily an issue with the CS because these people would be swapping leases for almost any car that they had.
I've had (3) ///M Cars prior to my M4CS, of which all were leases. 2 out of the 3 I sold after only a year into the lease and was able to pocket some equity from it. To your point, with all of the incentives BMW offers as well as the discount an educated buyer is able to get on a car, the value holds pretty good relative to all of those incentives/discounts.

Rule of thumb is to not load up on the unnecessary options, as they don't hold their value too well. An example being that a $72K M4 and a $80K M4 could sell for the same price at auction as the additional options aren't valued as much on the Used market.

As for the CS, a $100K M3/M4 indeed isn't worth it in my opinion. However, at a $30K discount, these cars are no-brainers to own as the value is indeed there at that price.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #31
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
6911
Rep
8,249
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 CS, I01 i3 REx LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
First of all, this is the best M3 yet and I don't miss the center arm rest one bit. I don't daily my M3 CS, but I commute just enough to be perfectly comfortable with no arm rest. True, lack of comfort access is annoying, but I would NOT swap out a car for something so trivial and sacrifice a car that is THIS good.

Lease swapping was always on my mind. This is my second F80 and my previous one was a base model non-comp coming off lease. I got a good discount on the CS and I wanted to experience the pinnacle of the F80 generationóthe opposite end of the F80 spectrum. With zero drive-off and a very similar insurance payment to my old F80, it was a good way to stay in an F80 and swap it out later for the G80 or whenever I felt like it.
__________________

F80 ///M3 CS - Lime Rock Grey Metallic - M Performance Exhaust | I01 i3 REx - LCI
Previous: F80 M3 | I01 i3 REx | F30 340i M Sport ZTR | F30 328i Sport | Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250 | E21 320i
Appreciate 1
trendy26170.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST