BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

07-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Bluetooth/Entertainment issues

I've got a 2016 F82 and I've had some frustrating issues with the Bluetooth interface.

To begin with, am I losing my mind or is there no way to pause/play music via the controls in or around the entertainment center? I feel like a total idiot but I can find no mention of a way to pause/play without using my phone?

This leads to my second issue. With some streaming services (and only occasionally) whenever I try to pause or play content via controls on my phone, it pauses, but then automatically starts playing again (beyond annoying at drive-throughs). I'll hit the pause button on my phone (bc I cant find controls for it elsewhere) and it pauses only briefly before automatically resuming.

This leads me to simply turn my music all the way down instead of pausing.

Am I alone? Any solutions? Am I totally missing something?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
M_Swee
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 Competition, MT

I may be wrong, but the way to pause music is to simply press the volume knob (which mutes everything, but also pauses playback I believe). At least, whenever I hit that, my music mutes but doesn't play any further.
      07-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Swee View Post
I may be wrong, but the way to pause music is to simply press the volume knob (which mutes everything, but also pauses playback I believe). At least, whenever I hit that, my music mutes but doesn't play any further.
I thought that was the power button for the whole entertainment system. I guess that works just as well though
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #4
Cars are the new horse
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I thought that was the power button for the whole entertainment system. I guess that works just as well though
It’s not. The iDrive stays powered.
Appreciate 1