EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

02-27-2021, 01:18 AM   #23
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostromaniv View Post
Hi, could you please point me to the right direction - I connected with Esys to my car and for right headlamp I do not see a file with FDL for TMS (42). What do I need to do to remediate this? I bought a car without right headlamp and then bought used headlamp. In this used headlamp only low beam works.
I use PSzData Lite (https://mega.nz/folder/qwQ3CKpI#Iw5b6-JMRb80ifnBPX5OMA), E-Sys 3.30.1 + E-Sys Launcher PRO v2.8.1, my I-Step (shipment): F025-16-07-502.
Select folder with missing card.
Select detect caf for see
Select desired card
Press code
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 12:54 PM   #24
ghostromaniv
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Thumbs up Done

Thanks, done. It is working now. I thought I would need to program all the blocks with new I-step because I did not have original pszData, however it is different (that is good for me without any doubts)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:11 AM   #25
Mo-T_120D
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW, 120D, 2015

Hey guys I drive an F20 LCI equipped with LED Headlights. My old headlight broke in an accident so I replaced it with a used one. I used all the modules from the broken headlight. I have tried the old headlight and it still works properly with those modules. I am getting a high beam head-light right Failure and dipped beam right failure error. The broken headlight still works. When I diagnose on INSTA, I get a 805B15 Error - Low beam headlights: Open circuits.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 11:42 AM   #26
alphawawa
Blue Blood
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3 Coupe/TiAg+IR/6MT

Same question : old modules + new assembly = coding required?

Hi,

I have the same question as the person above. I have a new OEM headlight assembly (for 2013 F25 with Adaptive Headlights) that I installed with all of the old components, and yet the car does not recognize the new headlights, which is confusing as it should "look the same" as the old one to the vehicle's bus, right?

The question is: why do I need to code it if all the communication components on it are the same? I am assuming the new headlight assembly contains only "dumb" components like wires, optics, etc.

Thanks!

C : 2005 BMW M3 / 2013 BMW X3
P : 1969 VW Beetle / 1989 BMW 320i / 1991 BMW 318is / [a ton of BMWs between 99 and 2012] / 1991 Porsche 944 S2
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 09:10 PM   #27
stockn20
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
So I have a similar situation here. I'm replacing a damaged passenger side headlight. I have E-Sys but, am not very familiar with it. I do not have Rheingold and have never used it.

If I swap the modules from the damaged unit to the new unit will I be able to activate whatever teaching function I need from E-Sys or will I need Rheingold? What is the teaching function accomplishing, the aim and adaptive motion?
hey a bit late lol but were you able to get this sorted, im in the same situation as you were right now.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 02:17 AM   #28
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawawa View Post
Hi,

I have the same question as the person above. I have a new OEM headlight assembly (for 2013 F25 with Adaptive Headlights) that I installed with all of the old components, and yet the car does not recognize the new headlights, which is confusing as it should "look the same" as the old one to the vehicle's bus, right?

The question is: why do I need to code it if all the communication components on it are the same? I am assuming the new headlight assembly contains only "dumb" components like wires, optics, etc.

Thanks!
TMS maybe broken
Appreciate 0