EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-01-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
M4Ops
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 F82

M4 Methanol Injection & NOS Together

I got my upgrades done on my M4 and now I'm contemplating a snow methanol system with NOS. When asking around in the local BMW community, I was advised the S55 engine can handle both systems individually and together without needing to swap out internals as long as they are setup properly with the right electronic fail safes and a good tune flashed.

With that, I was wondering if anyone on here is running both on their M3 or M4 and if so what pros or cons they found and any advice on configuration/installation or specific tunes recommended.

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 04:02 AM   #2
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 bmw m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Ops View Post
I got my upgrades done on my M4 and now I'm contemplating a snow methanol system with NOS. When asking around in the local BMW community, I was advised the S55 engine can handle both systems individually and together without needing to swap out internals as long as they are setup properly with the right electronic fail safes and a good tune flashed.

With that, I was wondering if anyone on here is running both on their M3 or M4 and if so what pros or cons they found and any advice on configuration/installation or specific tunes recommended.

Thank you in advance!
why not just go with meth only, i was in the same boat and shop didn't recommend nitrous for this car , nitrous give a high torque and it might knock the piston

just go with meth and e85
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:00 PM   #3
M4Ops
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodospor View Post
why not just go with meth only, i was in the same boat and shop didn't recommend nitrous for this car , nitrous give a high torque and it might knock the piston

Just curious, did your shop give an explanation why NOS is not a good setup on the S55 engine and does anyone else in the community have any data on this? I'm just curious for my own understanding and always open to advice.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:04 PM   #4
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just curious, did your shop give an explanation why NOS is not a good setup on the S55 engine and does anyone else in the community have any data on this? I'm just curious for my own understanding and always open to advice.
cause nos raise the torque on the car and with high torque these engine breaks , unless your a built motor is possible to add nos.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
M4Ops
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
cause nos raise the torque on the car and with high torque these engine breaks , unless your a built motor is possible to add nos.
That makes sense! Thank you for the input! I will look at sticking to Meth Injection. What kind of controller are you using on your meth injection setup? Are you running stock or upgraded turbos?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #6
dodospor
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That makes sense! Thank you for the input! I will look at sticking to Meth Injection. What kind of controller are you using on your meth injection setup? Are you running stock or upgraded turbos?
snow performance stage 2.5
2 nozzle in charge pipe , based on the tuner recommended and yes upgrade turbo to pures
Appreciate 0