EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #1
5ABIVT
Millies ftw
Rep
Drives: M4 ZR-1 & LT4 Corvettes

Question Looseness at center parked.. nervousness in a sraight line at speed Stock 48k miles

Have had the car since July 19. Drove great. straight with good on center feel as any car should and very good at higher speeds.

last week I noticed the steering having very loose sloppiness at a stop with car on/running. about 1/2 inch of play side to side. The tires do move with even slightest movement of the wheel where it is loose so my assumption is maybe its in the electric steering system.
At speed however there is nervousness in a straight line requiring many slight inputs to keep straight now. Also as if it was very windy outside.. but x those corrections by 5. Its made it a little annoying to drive to say the least. On the weekend I did drive the wifes lincon suv and it reminded me that theres definitely an issue. Hit no potholes or major bumps or curbs at all.

My first guesses are front bushings. Im not too familiar with the f8x front suspension but am wondering if any of the bushings are known to wear and have play that could affect the toe? I had an fcab fail on my e46 M3 back years ago and replacing with the rogue ones brought it back to better than new. I have seen a few threads on this but no resolution.
Any thoughts ?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #2
fackamato
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
What wheels and tires? What tire pressures?
Appreciate 0