BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-02-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
PhaedeDPGH
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Pure Stage 2+ stock engine/trans

Just finished having my pure stage 2+ turbos installed the other day, have only driven the car once since and haven’t had a chance to pull any logs yet to send back to F80Paul.

Just wanted to hear from anyone else that has the stage 2+s installed on a car with a stock engine and trans and hear of any issues you may have run into.

Current mods:
Obviously stage 2+ turbos
Vrsf downpipes
Burger intakes
Fuel-it stage 4 kit with an evolution of speed intake manifold
Custom full E85 F80Paul tune

Installing next month:
Maxpsi crankhub fix (Out of stock)
Maxpsi silicone charge pipes and j pipe

Anything else I should immediately add to the above list?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 12:11 AM   #2
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Why not do Lithuanian/Insane Performance crankhub ? $950

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
PhaedeDPGH
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Have any info on it or links that show it’s working with no issues. Already had the VTT and sold it after seeing a few failures.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaedeDPGH View Post
Have any info on it or links that show it’s working with no issues. Already had the VTT and sold it after seeing a few failures.
I won't disclose names or pictures of who, but I know they're on about 15 cars in EU all over 650whp ranging up to 950whp so far. But you will be hearing a lot from them soon, they're heavily used in Europe not here yet.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1599190

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't see any posts with people crank hub spun with VTT, can you please share any link if you saw? I have it installed as well so I don't want to sit on a grenade...
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #6
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

There has only been one failure as far as I know and the person was running 900 whp and didn’t have the CBC which VTT recommend to be a “Complete solution”
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
Djdnav
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I won't disclose names or pictures of who, but I know they're on about 15 cars in EU all over 650whp ranging up to 950whp so far. But you will be hearing a lot from them soon, they're heavily used in Europe not here yet.

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1599190
As if making power and using a specific part is some kind of secret
      05-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djdnav View Post
As if making power and using a specific part is some kind of secret
Well, mine will be here Wed. I'm over 500, now. Bae is down with SHC; very excited for the Insane part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #9
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
I didn't see any posts with people crank hub spun with VTT, can you please share any link if you saw? I have it installed as well so I don't want to sit on a grenade...
We have seen one, possibly two issues, both did not install the CBC as recommend. We have solved this issue by ONLY selling the hubs with CBC's now, and we have also made a couple of improvements to the hub a few people have asked for. Once the new hubs are here, we will be also be offering 100% "no-spin" guarantee if installed at our facility "VHP", or a certified installer VTT installer. This will cover all parts, and labor in the event of a spun hub after install. This is how confident we are of the upgrade. If you do even a little research into TQ transfer, you will see the use of splines to transfer TQ. Other methods such as pins, or keys are for alignment purposes only. Take a look at the trans input shaft that transfers all the TQ and power from your motor to the transmission, what method is used to couple those, and transfer that power? That's correct Splines. Splines are one of the best methods for transferring TQ between two rotating masses. We will be posting more info soon on the improvements, and "no-spin" guarantee. Also, keep in mind the stock motor 1/4 mile record holder is running a current spline lock kit with no issues.

Chris

Last edited by Chris@VargasTurboTech; 05-06-2019 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 4
      05-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #10
sdstatestud88
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Quote:
We have seen one, possibly two issues, both did not install the CBC as recommend. We have solved this issue by ONLY selling the hubs with CBC's now, and we have also made a couple of improvements to the hub a few people have asked for. Once the new hubs are here, we will be also be offering 100% "no-spin" guarantee if installed at our facility "VHP", or a certified installer VTT installer. This will cover all parts, and labor in the event of a spun hub after install. This is how confident we are of the upgrade. If you do even a little research into TQ transfer, you will see the use of splines to transfer TQ. Other methods such as pins, or keys are for alignment purposes only. Take a look at the trans input shaft that transfers all the TQ and power from your motor to the transmission, what method is used to couple those, and transfer that power? That's correct Splines. Splines are one of the best methods for transferring TQ between two rotating masses. We will be posting more info soon on the improvements, and "no-spin" guarantee. Also, keep in mind the stock motor 1/4 mile record holder is running a current spline lock kit with no issues.

Chris
Quote:
Quote:

Chris
Chris what about folks who purchased the full kit meaning bolt capture and spline but yet to install. Can we ship back to get the "updated" part?
      05-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #11
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

We will make a full post with all details soon guys... in that post everything will be covered.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #12
KakashiSenpai
Troll
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

Just got mine back from spinning the crank hub. (FBO E54 W/ WMI Custom Tune by Paul).

I upgraded the crank hub (Max PSI) & went with PS2+. Right now I am revising a track/road trip map. So far no major issues or any issues in general. (Stock clutch, transmission & fueling)

I have driven a hard 2000 miles on the new set up doing data logging & one track day. I wanted to make sure no issues would arise on the way to Bimmerfest this year.

Differences? Definitely more turbo noises and ALOT of power. For my track guys that are looking to set time trials, I'd recommend tuning for low TQ/high HP, the car seemed to kick out a lot more compared to stock turbos. After a couple of sessions the car became more predictable & really enjoyable!! Advice? Get some good tires lol.

Hope this helped
Appreciate 1
ssgm1x418.50
      05-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #13
MuffinFlavored
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 MT

Quote:
Just finished having my pure stage 2+ turbos installed the other day, have only driven the car once since and haven’t had a chance to pull any logs yet to send back to F80Paul.

Just wanted to hear from anyone else that has the stage 2+s installed on a car with a stock engine and trans and hear of any issues you may have run into.

Current mods:
Obviously stage 2+ turbos
Vrsf downpipes
Burger intakes
Fuel-it stage 4 kit with an evolution of speed intake manifold
Custom full E85 F80Paul tune

Installing next month:
Maxpsi crankhub fix (Out of stock)
Maxpsi silicone charge pipes and j pipe

Anything else I should immediately add to the above list?
Around what numbers do you think you are putting down to the wheels? Got any 60-130mph pulls from Dragy?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #14
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
We will make a full post with all details soon guys... in that post everything will be covered.

Chris
Looking forward to hearing from it, how soon is soon? My engine is getting a repair, therefore I really appreciate if I can get the updated part before it finishes...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:10 AM   #15
PhaedeDPGH
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
Around what numbers do you think you are putting down to the wheels? Got any 60-130mph pulls from Dragy?
I’m hoping in the 700+ range.

I have one 60-130 pull so far and this was on a Paul’s first revision. It was a 6.77. This was very low TQ as I have not done the crank hub fix yet. Should be able to drop that time a good bit once we can turn it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #16
AlexNFH
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Chris
Chris,

do have an update on this by any chance?

Thanks,
Alex
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 02:30 AM   #17
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

We will make a post when ready. Next couple weeks. All details we be gone over then, looking forward to it!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #18
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:

I have one 60-130 pull so far and this was on a Paul’s first revision. It was a 6.77. This was very low TQ as I have not done the crank hub fix yet. Should be able to drop that time a good bit once we can turn it up.
Should be mid 6's even with low tq

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 11:59 PM   #19
pnoyse84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
We will make a post when ready. Next couple weeks. All details we be gone over then, looking forward to it!

Chris
Chris is there a site that mentions VTT installers and where they are located? Are there any in Texas?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #20
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

No site yet, working on it currently. Until then just shoot us an email with where you're located (Texas is a big state!) and if we know of a good shop we'll refer you.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #21
pnoyse84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
No site yet, working on it currently. Until then just shoot us an email with where you're located (Texas is a big state!) and if we know of a good shop we'll refer you.

Chris
Ok great thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #22
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post

Any new 60-130 or dyno results for your setup?