European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

01-05-2019, 08:00 PM   #23
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs View Post
Owner has a name, my name is Sam.

I didn't offer $2,000 off, it was $1,000.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2019, 12:31 AM   #24
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal f80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy Rich View Post

They're charging for tuning and dyno time, when CaryTheLabelGuy is performing the tuning and they're running it on the dyno as he changes the file — why am I being charged for their tuning plus Jordan's? Auto Talent isn't doing the custom tune, Jordan was paid for the service.

What was the first excuse? Jordan took 3 weeks to do tune, which is bullshit.
something similar I heard to this was a member going to AT for a custom tune with cary and was charged dyno time as soon as the car got on the dyno until it was off the dyno. my guess is they spent a real hour on tuning with cary while being charged having to wait in between tunes. I believe the car was on the dyno 5 hours which is what he was charged for. I may be in wrong here where maybe most shops do it the same way but I'm not sure.
I'm guessing this is Jesse's car we're talking about in this situation.

There was a bit of troubleshooting and lot going back forth with the tuner as well as our in house tuner trying to figure out the issue, which ultimately was improper installation of the charge cooler and a lack of coolant.

We aren't charging just for 4-5 pulls an hour but we're charging for the time we pull our technician/tuner off other jobs and the knowledge he can provide on the dyno if issues arise with the car
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #25
ruley74
Lost Motorcyclist
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M F97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
the time we pull our technician/tuner off other jobs and the knowledge he can provide on the dyno if issues arise with the car
Important thing to consider this, time is time & money, employees need to be productive otherwise business are loosing money, no different to equipment, if you're using something, someone else cannot.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 01:21 AM   #26
AW BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 15 SS2 F80/18 AVUS BLUE F80

In my opinion, I think it is fair for the owner to charge dyno time when remote tuning with an outside tuner. The dyno is being used and an employee is being utilized to set the car up on the dyno, run, and monitor it. As for the rest of the situation, the time the car spent at the shop does seem excessive. I am sure some kind of agreement will be reached, the situation is unfortunate for sure.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      01-06-2019, 03:21 AM   #27
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #28
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I dunno, I get your irritation, but as a business owner yourself, you can't expect 50% off because of some issues... There's a little bit of entitlement from your way (no offense) when you mention that you should be made priority because of the amount of money you have spent there... I don't agree with that thought process - I don't treat people based upon dollars spent with me - I treat people accordingly and usually go off the metric of how they treat my employees... I don't bend over backwards for people who go off on my employees, just not having it... As much as I'm sure you would take care of your employees if situation was reversed... Right wrong or indifferent...

I've been using AT probably as long as you have if not longer - last 6 or 7 cars actually... There's been a mistake made here or there, but always rectified... I don't yell or scream, it's futile and pointless... Here's the thing - everybody has fuck ups or off days... Been using the same tint guy who does NBA, NFL players etc... I have bubbles in the current tints for the new ride... The motorcycle shop I use for all my bikes? They aren't 100% either, but they also rectify... Shit, they crashed a certain A list actor's bike - rectified and he still flies them out for track days...

Shit happens - while I feel your plight and disappointment, blasting them on the forums and threatening to pull the people you have referred is counter productive... There's a reason you've gone to AT and spent that much money there... You and I both know there isn't a hell of a lot reputable shops and especially here in Los Angeles... You know they aren't gonna rip you off...

I'm confident they'll make it right but this isn't helping relations, that's for damn sure... Neither is yelling at people... Or demanding 50% off, that's a bit much... I like AT and they've always done right by me and everyone else I've referred, sometimes shit happens... And trust me, doesn't matter the business, you just have those days, nobody is perfect 100% of the time... Just my two cents...

PS - I did see your car before and it gives me deep regrets not getting frozen white for my last f80 lol... Here's to hoping she's road ready soon...
+1
Well said. 👍
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      01-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #29
F80 ///M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #30
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

TTP
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 12:08 AM   #31
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

50% is a bit excessive. 20% is fair IMO.

TBH, anything that takes longer than 1 week I will request to have my car back. I think this is the second story in a few months (other guy with Sonic MS) where a shop takes months to fix their car.
      01-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #32
islandsnow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 AW

Wait a minute, you want 50% off your shop bill to offset your car and insurance payments because it took 3-4 months?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #33
TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
I don't agree with the way things seem to be going with AT but 50% of the bill does seem like an unreasonable ask.

Even BMW doesn't do this why would you expect an independent shop to?

My parents 7-series was in the shop for months and all they could do was upgrade their enterprise rental to a 3-series loaner.

Is the car apart? Sounds like only the crank hub is the pending issue, why not do the bolt-ons and bring the car when the shop is ready to do that?

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 1