proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #23
mattdimarsico
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
As a buyer I feel like I have to do a near-forensic level analysis of any seller's post history to determine if they are legit or not. The forum gives you a lot of tools to do that: Post count, rep count, date creation, iTrader, etc.

But it's not like this is anything new. The first time I was scammed online was playing Diablo 2 as a kid lol
Lmfao, this brings back memories. The good ol Stone of Jordan Rings dupe scam days... I too was a victim, god forbid it happens to me in real life.
Appreciate 1
AndyLu93.00
      05-14-2020, 05:20 PM   #24
nccoupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15 LSB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdimarsico View Post
Lmfao, this brings back memories. The good ol Stone of Jordan Rings dupe scam days... I too was a victim, god forbid it happens to me in real life.
Oh the irony in this. Dude took $400 for a BM3 license and then turned off PMs and stopped answering all emails. One can only assume that its gone.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #25
Gotmpower
Rich
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Can the mods create a "who's who" or somewhere we can leave feedback/reference on people??

I see a vendor feedback but how about one for fellow members??!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 01:00 AM   #26
BimmerDimmer6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2019 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVA2L8-II View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdimarsico View Post
AHAHAHA. I've been a lurker lurking f80 f82 forums for a while now and jeezus you guys take the award for most comical. I spent at least an hour reading that one post where you guys crucified and bashed to hell that one member for saying his 340i was better than f80/f82's and how his vintage porsche was the shit. God, am I glad to have signed up finally. Looking forward to being a part of it all!
Lol. Love it man. Lol
Link to post? Sounds like fun
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 01:30 AM   #27
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowser51 View Post
generally if you post a wtb, assume 90% of messages you get are a scam.
don't do zelle, venmo, paypal friends and family.
whenever i do local stuff, buy or sell, i usually suggest meeting at a police department midway between us and that usually scares the scammer away.
I’ve bought and sold quite a bit of stuff since arriving in Italy, and almost all transactions involved people in the USA. I totally understand the apprehension involved with a deal that crosses international borders, but all of my deals have been fine. I could have saved a few thousand buying my headlights used from a seller in Germany, but it was a huge risk because they only accepted wire transfers. I did my research and other things didn’t add up (account creation date, Google street view of their address, etc.), so I opted for new lights instead. When buying online, only use a credit card or PayPal, and when selling it’s PayPal only.

For the one transaction I did in person, we met at the front gate to a military base. Heavy armed guards from two nations were less than fifty feet away, and the buyer turned out to be super cool. It was good for both parties.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 01:32 AM   #28
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmpower View Post
Can the mods create a "who's who" or somewhere we can leave feedback/reference on people??

If you’re not on mobile, check out the iTrader rating below the member’s username. It doesn’t get a lot of use here, but it gives you an opportunity to leave feedback as a buyer or seller.

⬅️⬅️⬅️
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 01:40 AM   #29
Gotmpower
Rich
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmpower View Post

If you're not on mobile, check out the iTrader rating below the member's username. It doesn't get a lot of use here, but it gives you an opportunity to leave feedback as a buyer or seller.

⬅️⬅️⬅️
Thanks! I had no idea that even existed! I'm always on my phone!
Appreciate 0