Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

08-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
formula80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 F80 Stock

A day at Auto Talent LA/CA Review (kw has & PP Performance tune)

Hey Everyone,

Starting this thread for the ones who don't know about the friendly and great services Auto Talent has to offer! As most shops we know are located in Orange County Auto Talent is conveniently located by LAX which is pretty much centrally located for everyone in the OC and Valley areas. They are pretty much a one stop shop. They carry high end aftermarket parts, wheels, also do car servicing as well as custom tuning and dyno by dynapack.

Costumer service was Impeccable, I dealt with Justin Shih, great communication on assisting me with the parts I was looking for. He was abble to schedule me promptly even though I contacted him last minute and wanted to run the tune asap. Luckily they had one of the parts already in stock, so I had it installed the same day as I ran the PP performance tune. Justin was very helpful sending me pictures and videos throughout the installation. Will have downpipes and FI Exhaust (frequency intelligent) installed in the next week!

Now let's cut to the Chase: I had KW Has and PP Performance tune installed.
KW HAS was a no brainer for them to instal only took about 2-3h. For the PP performance tune the car had to be left over night since they troubleshoot the ecu trough the tuner which is located in Germany.

PP Performance review: This tune is probably one of the best out there including the fact that warranty is offered. Had it on the car for 4 days now, and have used it for DD and a canyon run. All I can say is I should have done this earlier. Jerkiness of the car on 1st and 2nd gear is gone, also super noticeable the immediate throttle response. 3,4,5 gear is when you really feel the extra boost from the tune. I feel like the car should have been configured like that from factory because the difference is night and day. Also you get the GTS overrun features AKA burblez. Btw car drives way smoother than stock. Will post videos of dyno and burblez on exhaust once I figure out how to do it

Kw Has Review: Dropped 1.2 front and .4 back. What can i say about it ? Honestly, I'm loving the ride. A lot better than stock, car feels less bumpy as well as the handling improved drastically. Real smooth on the FWY and streets. That bouncy feel you get with stock when you hit bumps or holes at high speed turned into a smooth cruising.

Will post pics and vidoes once I figure it out, upload not working for some reason!

Last edited by formula80; 08-20-2016 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula80 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Starting this thread for the ones who don't know about the friendly and great services Auto Talent has to offer! As most shops we know are located in Orange County Auto Talent is conveniently located by LAX which is pretty much centrally located for everyone in the OC and Valley areas. They are pretty much a one stop shop. They carry high end aftermarket parts, wheels, also do car servicing as well as custom tuning and dyno by dynapack.

Costumer service was Impeccable, I dealt with Justin Shih, great communication on assisting me with the parts I was looking for. He was abble to schedule me promptly even though I contacted him last minute and wanted to run the tune asap. Luckily they had one of the parts already in stock, so I had it installed the same day as I ran the PP performance tune. Justin was very helpful sending me pictures and videos throughout the installation. Will have downpipes and FI Exhaust (frequency intelligent) installed in the next week!

Now let's cut to the Chase: I had KW Has and PP Performance tune installed.
KW HAS was a no brainer for them to instal only took about 2-3h. For the PP performance tune the car had to be left over night since they troubleshoot the ecu trough the tuner which is located in Germany.

PP Performance review: This tune is probably one of the best out there including the fact that warranty is offered. Had it on the car for 4 days now, and have used it for DD and a canyon run. All I can say is I should have done this earlier. Jerkiness of the car on 1st and 2nd gear is gone, also super noticeable the immediate throttle response. 3,4,5 gear is when you really feel the extra boost from the tune. I feel like the car should have been configured like that from factory because the difference is night and day. Also you get the GTS overrun features AKA burblez. Btw car drives way smoother than stock. Will post videos of dyno and burblez on exhaust once I figure out how to do it

Kw Has Review: Dropped 1.2 front and .4 back. What can i say about it ? Honestly, I'm loving the ride. A lot better than stock, car feels less bumpy as well as the handling improved drastically. Real smooth on the FWY and streets. That bouncy feel you get with stock when you hit bumps or holes at high speed turned into a smooth cruising.

Will post pics and vidoes once I figure it out, upload not working for some reason!
When you try to attach a photo and it fails it says the reason on the attachment popup page
Appreciate 0