Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

05-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Cracked Windshield - Repair Options?

Hey guys,

Just drove my car back from the Midwest for the last time (finished up law school) and on the way back the windshield got cracked somehow. Definitely something I want to take care of ASAP, I'm just wondering what my best options are.

I'm just about due for a service, and I know I'd be safe letting bmw do it, but there must be cheaper options with the same reliability, right?

Thanks in advance - I've attached some photos below
Attached Images

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

If you are leasing you will need to make sure whoever replaces uses OEM BMW parts. Not all shops will use OEM parts so make sure you ask. If you will use insurance, make sure they know this was not collision related. Tell them it was a flying object on the road so it is covered under comprehensive and doesn't impact your rates.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144320.50
      05-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #3
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
If you are leasing you will need to make sure whoever replaces uses OEM BMW parts. Not all shops will use OEM parts so make sure you ask. If you will use insurance, make sure they know this was not collision related. Tell them it was a flying object on the road so it is covered under comprehensive and doesn't impact your rates.
The car is mine, not leased, but I definitely want to use OEM parts. I will be paying out of pocket, not through insurance. I'm going to check with a couple of shops here in LA and see if they use OEM, and if anything, I'll see if bmw can replace it when I take the car in for service!

Thanks for the response!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0