BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

06-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
SamSungF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328D

Toyo Proxes Sport VS Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

I looking for tires for my 328dx. I've picked up a set of OEM 437M's and I'm looking for tires. Since my car is an xdrive I have to get 265/35 19 for rears and 235/40 19 for the front from what I have gathered. This combination has been a bit of a challenge. My choices so far is Toyo Proxes Sport and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (2 weeks wait from my supplier for the rears). Anyone know or have experience with these tires to see which is better? Price point is the same. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

I've run the RE050 on a different car and I won't do it again. It's a very rough and noisy ride after a little bit of wear through out the life of the tire. I ended up switching to Conti ECS and throwing the RE050 in the trash with half of it's life left. I don't have any experience with the Toyo Proxes Sport.

I see your dilemma, having F80 wheels on an F30 X-Drive. But I'm not sure you're gonna get much help from this forum. As you know there is no M3/M4 X-Drive and almost everyone here runs higher performance tires with sizes that reflect that actually fit the wheels properly. So most of the responses you'll probably get are: "Why are you running such wack tire sizes???" or "Consider a different tire bro."

For reviews on your specific tires you chose, you might have to go to other car sites. Maybe MINI or Subaru forums.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
SamSungF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
I've run the RE050 on a different car and I won't do it again. It's a very rough and noisy ride after a little bit of wear through out the life of the tire. I ended up switching to Conti ECS and throwing the RE050 in the trash with half of it's life left. I don't have any experience with the Toyo Proxes Sport.

I see your dilemma, having F80 wheels on an F30 X-Drive. But I'm not sure you're gonna get much help from this forum. As you know there is no M3/M4 X-Drive and almost everyone here runs higher performance tires with sizes that reflect that actually fit the wheels properly. So most of the responses you'll probably get are: "Why are you running such wack tire sizes???" or "Consider a different tire bro."

For reviews on your specific tires you chose, you might have to go to other car sites. Maybe MINI or Subaru forums.
Haha, fair enough. thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
danchee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 X7 40i

Toyo run loud after 20-25% thread wear.
Appreciate 0