EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #67
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked07 View Post
No I didn't. The car was delivered at night and I didn't notice it till a few days later.
Quote:
The car was looked over very throughly. I did not inspect the rubber molding around the windshield..... no.....
No offense, but these seem to contradict each other. Any way good luck getting a dealer or BMW to warranty it. These things usually need to be brought up at delivery (not a year later like OP etc) otherwise it is much harder to get it resolved under warranty.

I'm guessing Sedan_Clan has longer term relationship with his dealer, which goes a long way with these types of things.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 12:41 PM   #68
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody888 View Post
In fact. I did a very clearly checking on that rubber molding last night.
I found that is not necessary to take off the entire windshield.
however, that still very difficult to remove the damaged rubber molding, and it very difficult to push a new rubber in to that tiny space. the rubber seal has a double sides tap which is contact with windshield.

I believe if we want to replace the rubber seal, It might has to take off the windshield.

another problem is my car has camera in the windshield. If I take it off, I have to recalibrate the camera.

Quote:
The car was looked over very throughly. I did not inspect the rubber molding around the windshield..... no.....
Dude!!! I keep telling you that the windshield doesn't need to be removed, yet you insist on continuing to push that narrative. The dealer didn't remove my windshield nor my CF roof to replace the molding.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #69
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Quote:
No I didn't. The car was delivered at night and I didn't notice it till a few days later.
Quote:
No offense, but these seem to contradict each other. Any way good luck getting a dealer or BMW to warranty it. These things usually need to be brought up at delivery (not a year later like OP etc) otherwise it is much harder to get it resolved under warranty.

I'm guessing Sedan_Clan has longer term relationship with his dealer, which goes a long way with these types of things.
Yes I do, however, I noticed my damaged molding long before a year.
Appreciate 1
minn1914021.00
      06-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #70
woody888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 & F80 M3

Yeah, Thank you man. 'll meet Mark today. Hopefully everything will be fine and easy to fix.

really appreciate to let me know your solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Dude!!! I keep telling you that the windshield doesn't need to be removed, yet you insist on continuing to push that narrative. The dealer didn't remove my windshield nor my CF roof to replace the molding.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #71
woody888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 & F80 M3

Yeah.....I have found it . thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Click this button. Then you can quote multiple posts and post once instead of 800 times.
Appreciate 0