Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

06-18-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
LennonM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

H&R Spacers (Solutions?)

Hello guys !

Recently added H&R Spacers Front 10mm Back 12mm . Unfortunately there were some problems.

For instance when I go up a bump there would be sound like metal clanking or metal hitting against each other. Brought it to a performance store and they said it's normal. Anyone facing such things using this particular brand?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
yayaya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi E92 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennonM4 View Post
Hello guys !

Recently added H&R Spacers Front 10mm Back 12mm . Unfortunately there were some problems.

For instance when I go up a bump there would be sound like metal clanking or metal hitting against each other. Brought it to a performance store and they said it's normal. Anyone facing such things using this particular brand?
Not normal, there should be no spacer travel. Did you purchase extended lugs?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #3
LennonM4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaya View Post
Not normal, there should be no spacer travel. Did you purchase extended lugs?
I think they provided me with the extended lug as well
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
SJW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 X5 40i Dark Graphite

I have the same setup with H&R. No issues with 55K miles.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennonM4 View Post
Hello guys !

Can you get a video so we can hear what you're hearing? There should be no noise at all if everything is installed properly. First things to do would be take off the wheels and spacers, clean the surfaces where the wheel touches spacer and where the spacer touches the hub thoroughly, check to make sure you have the right length wheel bolts (they better not be factory BMW bolts with 10 or 12mm spacers) and make sure the bolts are the proper ball or cone seat for the wheel (ball seat if your wheels are stock) and then install and torque the wheels to 103 ft-lbs in a star pattern.

Another thing to do is look at the metal dust shields behind all four brake discs, sometimes people bend them when putting wheels on and they can cause metallic noises. There can also be rocks or debris behind there that sometimes makes annoying noises.

The sound of metal hitting metal is never normal so have somebody competent figure it out because it sounds like something may have been left loose or you have debris somewhere.
Appreciate 0