Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-24-2021, 03:53 AM   #1
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
RKP F8X M3 / M4 Carbon Front Lip

Looking at additions to my new to be 2016 BMW M4 coupe and thinking of adding a CF font lip to my car to enhance the front end a bit. Wondered how many of you have done or thought about adding the RKP model to your cars. What were your other options considered? Easy DIY installation or something you guys had a shop handle? One of my concerns also is ground clearance and angle of departure IF I add a front lip...I don't want to spend $1k to have something banged up all the time on driveway entrances and every piece of road hazard out there so interested in others experiences. My car isn't lowered and likely won't be for more than a min due to shipping issues (have to send it back home at some point) so that's not an issue yet. But as said without a front lift mechanism as other manufacturers include...would rather not have this become a costly addition!

Thanks for your help and any pics or the RKP or options are welcome. Thanks also to IND for providing it as an option!

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...iber-front-lip
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

I put an RKP lip on 2 years ago. The fitment where it meets the bumper is very good and the carbon weave/ clear coat was flawless. Unfortunately, the mounting points that are molded into the lip do not line up with factory holes. Be prepared to drill holes. Had I known this before I purchased, I probably would've gone oem CS lip.
Once it's mounted it looks good though. Subtle and oem looking without having stupid CF covers on the bumper.

As for clearance, I am not lowered and have zero issues. This lip is also VERY durable.
Get a slip lo kit for it and you're good to go.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016M4

When I was shopping, over 12 years ago for splitters and rear diffusers for my E60 M5 I look to Aliexpress. I was faced with so much hate from M5forum members for putting a Chinese made product on a holy M car that I made sure I did it and posted about it. I know Franz was rolling over in his grave as I installed them on my M5, but 12 years later I see there are many CF, some good, some terrible for our cars. It is not matter of if you will hit something it is just a matter of when. Being out 300 or 400 vs 1000 or more makes a difference to me, maybe not others. I did hit the front lip and cracked it good, but with some CF tape it look good for now, until I get a new one.
Appreciate 0