ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-17-2022, 04:46 PM   #1
GTME2010
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 911

2018 F80 Price Check

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm newish to the F8x scene and have not paid attention to used prices pre-pandemic. But looking around the last few months, I've come across what I THINK is a decent price, but wanted the experts to weigh in.

Specs are as Follows:
2018 AW/Black w/32,xxx miles 6MT with:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Original MSRP: $75,xxx

Pros:
- Single Owner
- almost no exterior or interior flaws
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

Dealer wants $60k before TTL and seems to be willing to give me decent value on my trade-in ($15k for a '16 GLI 6MT). My initial thought was that this should be closer to $55k given lack of ZCP. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. I'm fully aware of the car bubble. For context, I was waiting for the G80 LCI with hopes that they will fix the frontend, but after seeing more F8xs, I honest prefer the styling of it much better.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 03:46 PM   #2
ENDL3SS
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46/F15/GT4

Garage List
2005 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
That price sounds about right without the ZCP package. Low mileage, extended leather and 6MT are big pros here.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
j3ff12ey28
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E90 M3

In this market that is actually a steal. Comparable F80s are going for mid to high 60s.
Appreciate 1
bmwbrad22249.00
      04-13-2022, 08:23 AM   #4
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

All I can say is in this market be prepared to fly out and drive or ship for a good deal. Its a couple weeks later and but I know I've passed on that deal. I've seen several with ZCP and low miles for $60k. Just on a personal note I'd rather pay a couple bucks more for the color you really want than get the cheapest you can find. The car is a lot of money and you'll probably regret saving $1-2k over having the color you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #5
petar7408
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
All I can say is in this market be prepared to fly out and drive or ship for a good deal. Its a couple weeks later and but I know I've passed on that deal. I've seen several with ZCP and low miles for $60k. Just on a personal note I'd rather pay a couple bucks more for the color you really want than get the cheapest you can find. The car is a lot of money and you'll probably regret saving $1-2k over having the color you want.
easier said then done LOL.. I have had every single M3 except the e30 as I was to young but I have never had the color I want.

I got a screaming deal on a jerez black e90 m3, had everything I was looking for but I hated the color. I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, so after a year and 20k more miles, I got $2000 more then I paid when I sold it.

I now have a alpine white F80- even when I wanted a white E90, but now just wish I had another color- problem was the only other color available was black and I'll never do that again. I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, the closest yaz blue that I wanted was an extra 10K!

I found a more beat up blue but it was also 5K more and had way less options, not even leather.

Bottom line is my cars have never been the color I wanted unless I wanted to shell out at least 5K more, of course I'm in the cali market as well- but it is a pain to find a good deal on the color you really want. $1-2K more YES IN A HEARTBEAT! but that has never been the case, not even close
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 01:21 PM   #6
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar7408 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
easier said then done LOL.. I have had every single M3 except the e30 as I was to young but I have never had the color I want.

I got a screaming deal on a jerez black e90 m3, had everything I was looking for but I hated the color. I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, so after a year and 20k more miles, I got $2000 more then I paid when I sold it.

I now have a alpine white F80- even when I wanted a white E90, but now just wish I had another color- problem was the only other color available was black and I'll never do that again. I got such a good deal I couldn't pass it up, the closest yaz blue that I wanted was an extra 10K!

I found a more beat up blue but it was also 5K more and had way less options, not even leather.

Bottom line is my cars have never been the color I wanted unless I wanted to shell out at least 5K more, of course I'm in the cali market as well- but it is a pain to find a good deal on the color you really want. $1-2K more YES IN A HEARTBEAT! but that has never been the case, not even close

That why you need to be willing to fly or ship. Deals are out there. Mine came from 1000 miles away. Plus it came from a no salt area so that's another bonus for us in the rust belt. Just word of warning, NY and NJ dealers are shady as hell if you are looking to compare deals. I don't even bother anymore.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 05:41 AM   #7
rosemont83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 turbo, E39 M5,

I paid like 10-15k more than I wanted to spend on my F82 because it was Le Mans Blue. Not only did the color bring the price up, but it was a 2020, 8500 miles, Exec and ZCP, extended leather, and 6MT. Only thing missing was the leather dash but the dash on the 2020 are nice anyway and the two tone silverstone dash looks weird so the regular dash actually looks better to me on this one..

I was aiming for one with 25-30k miles lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar7408 View Post

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 10:56 AM   #8
Ervin87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | B5 S4 | E30

Looking at wholesale pricing over the past 30 days, that is a good price but in today's inflated market.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 11:35 AM   #9
GTME2010
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 911

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I passed on that car bc the dealer couldn't commit in writing to a price that the salesman told me verbally.

It worked out ultimately bc I went with a 2017 YMB w/ZCP and leather dash from a forum member. The car ended up being better in person than it was in the ad, which is always a nice surprise. And I did have to travel ~800 miles to pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2022, 10:42 AM   #10
Donsta1980
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTME2010 View Post
Thanks in advance for your help. I'm newish to the F8x scene and have not paid attention to used prices pre-pandemic. But looking around the last few months, I've come across what I THINK is a decent price, but wanted the experts to weigh in.

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

Dealer wants $60k before TTL and seems to be willing to give me decent value on my trade-in ($15k for a '16 GLI 6MT). My initial thought was that this should be closer to $55k given lack of ZCP. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. I'm fully aware of the car bubble. For context, I was waiting for the G80 LCI with hopes that they will fix the frontend, but after seeing more F8xs, I honest prefer the styling of it much better.
Quote:

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

If you're going to mod the car then the zcp package is worthless unless u absolutely need the cutouts on the front seats. A $600 stage 1 tune thru bm3 will put u way ahead of a comp m3. Buy the black badges and pow u have a comp pack minus the terrible exhaust . $2000 and your far better than an m3 comp. I have both a non comp and a comp. Comp isn't tuned and my tuned non comp is worlds better
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 01:12 PM   #11
ilovemym4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsta1980 View Post
If you're going to mod the car then the zcp package is worthless unless u absolutely need the cutouts on the front seats. A $600 stage 1 tune thru bm3 will put u way ahead of a comp m3. Buy the black badges and pow u have a comp pack minus the terrible exhaust . $2000 and your far better than an m3 comp. I have both a non comp and a comp. Comp isn't tuned and my tuned non comp is worlds better

Agreed. Comp is good for re-sale, just to say you have it from factory. But the common driver here isn't going to notice comp vs non comp, minus the seat cutouts. 100% on point
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 03:06 PM   #12
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Purchased my M3 about a month ago. 2 owners, AW with black, 36k miles, 6MT, ZCP, Executive, cameras, had it listed for $64,995. Talked them down $1500 when I got there because the 666M's were curbed and there were some paint chips and a scrape on the bottom of the front bumper. Merely commenting for comparison.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2022, 07:23 PM   #13
bmwbrad22
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 M3 Comp Pkg

Garage List
2018 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

Quote:

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

And if you were to tune the ZCP comp?

2018 Mineral White M3 /// Comp Package
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #14
Donsta1980
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbrad22 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

Quote:

Specs are as Follows:
- Executive Pkg
- Extended Leather
- All Cameras
- 19in Wheels
- Carbon roof

Pros:
- Single Owner
- My ideal color combo

Cons:
- Missing ZCP

And if you were to tune the ZCP comp?
Yea but the up front cost isn't worth it. 20 more hp for 3 or 4k more.
Appreciate 0