Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #45
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

I made a little a vid of how it works in the car.
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 1
hellokitty2894.00
      09-25-2021, 01:26 AM   #46
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post

I made a little a vid of how it works in the car.
Very cool! I forgot about the functionality to measure E content using the resume button
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 08:19 PM   #47
stondM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stondM3 View Post
I installed the Bend Calibration fuel sensor this weekend. Has anyone hooked up the Zeitronix ECA-2 to their car's FEM/Canbus? This is the part that makes me nervous and I can't find a good walk-through for the F80
There is also a guy with an M2 (with S55 engine IIRC so the install is essentially identical to the F80/F82) that installed the Bend Cal kit and posted a video about it. Do a search for it as it should help you. One challenge, among others, is that the wire harness will need to be extended in order to get to the passenger side footwell. Although, Bend Cal was supposedly looking at offering an extended length harness - I don't know if they have done that yet though.

FWIW, there is a PT-CAN tap point that I found in the drivers side footwell based on looking at some wire diagrams, which would not require a harness extension. But I have been unable to find a suitable fire wall penetration point on the drivers side, at least not for 6MT cars…
Thanks everyone! I hooked up the electrical this weekend. I was able to access the drivers side through a small firewall access port (I have DCT) and then I used a coat hanger to run the wire under the center console to the passenger side. I used the plug and play harness but even with that it barely reached the FEM. I was able to hook everything up and it's working great but the wires are under considerable tension. I may eventually do an extension to decrease the risk of an accidental disconnection. Ethanol content of my E85 is 75%, and rolling anti lag works!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:39 AM   #48
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
I installed the Bend Calibration fuel sensor this weekend. Has anyone hooked up the Zeitronix ECA-2 to their car's FEM/Canbus? This is the part that makes me nervous and I can't find a good walk-through for the F80
There is also a guy with an M2 (with S55 engine IIRC so the install is essentially identical to the F80/F82) that installed the Bend Cal kit and posted a video about it. Do a search for it as it should help you. One challenge, among others, is that the wire harness will need to be extended in order to get to the passenger side footwell. Although, Bend Cal was supposedly looking at offering an extended length harness - I don't know if they have done that yet though.

FWIW, there is a PT-CAN tap point that I found in the drivers side footwell based on looking at some wire diagrams, which would not require a harness extension. But I have been unable to find a suitable fire wall penetration point on the drivers side, at least not for 6MT cars…
Thanks everyone! I hooked up the electrical this weekend. I was able to access the drivers side through a small firewall access port (I have DCT) and then I used a coat hanger to run the wire under the center console to the passenger side. I used the plug and play harness but even with that it barely reached the FEM. I was able to hook everything up and it's working great but the wires are under considerable tension. I may eventually do an extension to decrease the risk of an accidental disconnection. Ethanol content of my E85 is 75%, and rolling anti lag works!
Great news!!
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0