Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-29-2021, 12:11 PM   #1
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i GC, M sport,THP

Question First hand opinions on RW and XHP carbon fiber parts quality

I've seen threads where people say these two companies have much higher quality than eBay parts. I've seen other threads where people say they are the same parts with a mark up.

I'm looking for first hand experience from owners, especially anyone who has had a part long term.

How is weave and finish? Close to M Performance or is it lower?
How was fit?
How has the clear coat held up long term? Year or longer has it failed has part become clowdy?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:29 PM   #2
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

I've got a XPH spoiler, lip, side skirts, and mirror caps. Ive had them on for over 18 months in the Houston heat.

Perfect fitment, no clear coat issues, and better pricing than RW carbon. To be honest it baffles me that people buy OEM, vorsteiner, etc carbon components when these look the exact same and cost less than half as much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #3
pilotedecourse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo

I bought RW Carbon mirror caps recently and had a good experience. Fitment was 100%; i haven't seen them next to BMW Performance Mirror caps but I doubt I would notice the difference. Would recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 08:27 PM   #4
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Honestly go with who ever had the best customer service. If you have any issues you will be taken care of.

With that said Xph is one of our Largest stocking dealers and they are extremely communicative and easy to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 10:33 PM   #5
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I've got a XPH spoiler, lip, side skirts, and mirror caps. Ive had them on for over 18 months in the Houston heat.

Perfect fitment, no clear coat issues, and better pricing than RW carbon. To be honest it baffles me that people buy OEM, vorsteiner, etc carbon components when these look the exact same and cost less than half as much.
Quote:

Like most things, you get what you pay for. In my view, that especially applies to automotive modifications. This is not to say some vendors don't offer quality options but there is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagR2611 View Post
Like most things, you get what you pay for. In my view, that especially applies to automotive modifications. This is not to say some vendors don't offer quality options but there is a difference.
I have a 3D design diffusor that I bought brand new from IND for $2200 before taxes and shipping. Installed on my car that spends 98% of it's life inside a garage and the clear coat is coming off in a couple spots.

Fitment was good as expected but overall the part was a rip off when comparing it to how perfectly the fit and quality of the RW carbon fiber CS style lip that I got. Maybe spend money on big pieces like a hood, roof, or maybe trunk spoiler but don't throw away money on lips, side-skirts, and diffusors as the quality and fitment are nearly indistinguishable from the right vendor.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
We do not claim that our parts are the same quality as the top carbon manufacturers but then again they are 5-10 times more expensive.

When comparing our parts to brands 2-3 times more expensive, I am confident it will either be the same quality or ours will be better.

Note, our carbon sales do not even make up 5% of our revenue. We do not need to make a fortune that's why our prices are so much more aggressive than other brands.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
NickyC17356.00
      09-30-2021, 09:19 AM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thank you for the support, I'm glad you are happy with it

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #9
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Not enough of a difference to be noticeable or worth a 1000% markup above quality replicas
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #10
214f80
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 mineral gray

Will definitely look into xph
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214f80 View Post
Will definitely look into xph

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sounds like XPH is the the way to go. If the quality is good and the clear won't fail.
Makes way more sense than a 1000+ splitter that will likely take a hit at some point or side skirts that my wife will step on, lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2021, 03:36 PM   #13
notslow
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Looks like you have all the parts I'm looking at, minus the rear diffuser. Did the weave on the three splitter pieces all go the same direction or is it /\\

Just looked closer at photos, looks like it's /\\

Last edited by notslow; 10-02-2021 at 12:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by notslow View Post
Sounds like XPH is the the way to go. If the quality is good and the clear won't fail.
Makes way more sense than a 1000+ splitter that will likely take a hit at some point or side skirts that my wife will step on, lol.

Appreciate 0