ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Forced to order rear sunshade?

Hey All, just made a change on my order that included extended leather and just got a call from my CA that when they went in to make the change the system is now going to force me to add the rear sunshade (had extended on the initial order without the sunshade, just changing wheel option)....has anyone been able to order a car with extended leather and not get the rear sunshade? (USA)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
huatian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SS M4

No, that sounds bogus. I did order sunshade on mine, but wasn't forced to do so.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huatian View Post
No, that sounds bogus. I did order sunshade on mine, but wasn't forced to do so.
Let me rephrase...was told that when they went to change the order for wheels the system added this on and they couldn't remove it, therefore BMW must be mandating this as of January...But original order was placed this month...makes little to no sense to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #4
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatian View Post
Let me rephrase...was told that when they went to change the order for wheels the system added this on and they couldn't remove it, therefore BMW must be mandating this as of January...But original order was placed this month...makes little to no sense to me.
OP...doesn't sound kosher. If they changed one of the option packages to include the rear sunshade (i.e. Executive package), that would have been identified and listed by BMWNA and BMWAG. To my knowledge, you are not "required to have this item". Put the pressure on your CA to honor your specs.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

I have extended leather and rear sunshade, but I bought from the dealer vs ordering it.

However, when I placed my original order for an M4 back in November, I spec'd extended SO leather and didn't have to add in the rear sunshade.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
I have extended leather and rear sunshade, but I bought from the dealer vs ordering it.

However, when I placed my original order for an M4 back in November, I spec'd extended SO leather and didn't have to add in the rear sunshade.
Thanks for the input...My thoughts exactly....finding a new dealer. They also the ones who also added into my contract that I would forfeit all BMW incentives that were in place upon time of delivery. I'm done, that was a battle to get that out of the contract...then cold called today with this...if that doesn't work out CTS-V here I come.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:21 PM   #7
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

On builds I did online a few months ago it added in the sunshade with the exec package. Still charged extra but always automatically added it. I could remove it though. I thought it was just a bug in the inline builder.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 02:32 PM   #8
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Thanks for the input...My thoughts exactly....finding a new dealer. They also the ones who also added into my contract that I would forfeit all BMW incentives that were in place upon time of delivery. I'm done, that was a battle to get that out of the contract...then cold called today with this...if that doesn't work out CTS-V here I come.
Don't let one dealer spoil your experience! Every brand has them, unfortunately. Shop around both within state and out of state. You don't have to buy from an in-state dealer. It can be a minor hassle with the tax, but worth it if you can find a good one to work with.

In addition, I would be making a call to BMW customer service and letting them know in detail what you think has happened with this particular dealer. They don't take any BS and try to hold their dealers to a very high standard. Unfortunately, not a lot of people let BMW know when this is not happening.

I did this on a lack of service response when shopping for my M3/M4 last year. Let's just say it got rectified pretty quickly and I had a very apologetic dealer contacting me and asking what they can do to make it right!!

James.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
Vigilant
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cautiously fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

Forfeit incentives?! I don't understand this tactic. If you are really dead set on the F8x, I would also look for another dealer. If you are like me, you are probably concerned on the future service end of your local dealer if you were to pursue the purchase.

2022 BSM G80 Comp X-drive
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #10
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
Forfeit incentives?! I don't understand this tactic. If you are really dead set on the F8x, I would also look for another dealer. If you are like me, you are probably concerned on the future service end of your local dealer if you were to pursue the purchase.
Thanks for the replies...another dealer was happy to reply that my build could be done with extended leather and without the power rear sunshade. I now understand why everyone is so happy when they hit "order locked" status...game over, just wait...I guess I went into the process kinda dumb ...last new car I bought was in 2003, was a subaru, dealer showed me invoice, said $200 over, and I was out with no fees or tax within 1 hour start to finish (thank you NH!). I just feel I've been F*#ked with throughout this entire process. Really sick of it. Not excited about this car anymore.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Thanks for the replies...another dealer was happy to reply that my build could be done with extended leather and without the power rear sunshade. I now understand why everyone is so happy when they hit "order locked" status...game over, just wait...I guess I went into the process kinda dumb ...last new car I bought was in 2003, was a subaru, dealer showed me invoice, said $200 over, and I was out with no fees or tax within 1 hour start to finish (thank you NH!). I just feel I've been F*#ked with throughout this entire process. Really sick of it. Not excited about this car anymore.
Time for a new dealer.
With everything you've relayed (and not counting what you haven't mentioned yet) - you are dealing with incompetent, lazy crooks. And yes, rear sunshade is not mandatory. Ever.

Whether or not you end up buying an F82, I would actively shop for reference price quote from a few other BMW dealers. Just so you know what else they have been hiding from you.

Chances are, you can get a better deal even if you have to forfeit your $1K deposit.

a
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
aquarius08
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15' M3 & 21' X3MC

I just ordered my M3 last week and had the same issue. The dealer's ordering system was forcing the addition of the sunshade when extended leather was selected. My CA had to reach out to some area manager and have him manually remove the option in my build. It's some kind of glitch that happens but you can definitely remove it if you push hard enough. My CA didn't really know at first because he was just going off what the computer was telling him. If you can build it on the retail site, you should be able to build it that exact same way.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 11:55 AM   #13
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Thanks all for the replies. They still reluctant to try and figure it out. I saw this in another thread, but do they also delete the rear side window shades when you delete the rear sunshade?
Appreciate 0