GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-28-2019, 07:01 PM   #111
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
I wouldn't. It's stealing. Why is stealing from a huge corporation different than stealing from your neighbor? If the SA knows the whole story and allows you to warranty it, so be it, but if you lie or conceal the truth, you're stealing. I'm not a goody two shoes, but if take a risk, I either win or lose. If I lose, I pay. If I win, I collect. Assess the risk, live with the outcome.

I know you're going to do what you want, but please don't state that "everyone" would try to commit fraud. They wouldn't.
Wake up buddy

U realize these “huge corporations” would stick it to you in a heart beat. Insurance companies constantly look for loop holes to not pay a claim. And btw you are assuming that the bm3 causes the issue. What if it was simply in the cards??
Appreciate 4
Ghosn463.50
Poochie9104.50
      10-28-2019, 07:06 PM   #112
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriyos_F82 View Post
It happened during a pull. If anyone wants more details just DM me.
We all do. Please post publicly
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #113
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
he said 'full E' in his opening post so I guess it was
Don’t get why someone would
Go beyond stage 1 without a solution. Seems ignorant
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 09:56 PM   #114
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Don’t get why someone would
Go beyond stage 1 without a solution. Seems ignorant

It was def ignorant. I guess I was just pushing my luck lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #115
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

Quote:
Wake up buddy

U realize these “huge corporations” would stick it to you in a heart beat. Insurance companies constantly look for loop holes to not pay a claim. And btw you are assuming that the bm3 causes the issue. What if it was simply in the cards??
I'm woke. "buddy". Do it to them, before they do it you, huh? Well, have fun being cynical. I'm not assuming anyone caused anything. I'm saying, BMW has rules for THEIR warranties. If you break them, you're taking the risk that they won't pay. Also, I also told the OP to do what he wants. We live in a free country. But we do not live in a country where you can do what you want without consequences (usually).

I understand that corporations are in business for their shareholders, and when you choose to do business with them, you aren't guaranteed to be satisfied. I also understand that customer service is a dying art.

However, I stand by my comment. If you do something to void your warranty, then it's on you. They write the contract, you decide to buy with those conditions. No one forced the OP to buy the car, or mod it. BMW has every right to enforce its contract if it chooses to.

Sorry you don't get that.
Appreciate 2
Ilvez24.00
SYT_Shadow11478.00
      10-29-2019, 05:58 PM   #116
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

I love how this thread offers 0 help and just has a bunch of goody two-shoe squares acting like they haven't broken a law or done something shady in their entire lives. Congrats on being the perfect human being clowns. I'm willing to bet these are the kind of people that hold more baggage and secrets than normal folks.

Please take your .02c, advice, lecture or whatever you guys are trying to do and take them to your own kids and please move the fuck on if you have nothing to offer.
Appreciate 10
      10-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #117
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
I love how this thread offers 0 help and just has a bunch of goody two-shoe squares acting like they haven't broken a law or done something shady in their entire lives. Congrats on being the perfect human being clowns. I'm willing to bet these are the kind of people that hold more baggage and secrets than normal folks.

Please take your .02c, advice, lecture or whatever you guys are trying to do and take them to your own kids and please move the fuck on if you have nothing to offer.
I agree but the OP did open himself up to this by posting this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:36 PM   #118
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMGCFP View Post
I'm woke. "buddy". Do it to them, before they do it you, huh? Well, have fun being cynical. I'm not assuming anyone caused anything. I'm saying, BMW has rules for THEIR warranties. If you break them, you're taking the risk that they won't pay. Also, I also told the OP to do what he wants. We live in a free country. But we do not live in a country where you can do what you want without consequences (usually).

I understand that corporations are in business for their shareholders, and when you choose to do business with them, you aren't guaranteed to be satisfied. I also understand that customer service is a dying art.

However, I stand by my comment. If you do something to void your warranty, then it's on you. They write the contract, you decide to buy with those conditions. No one forced the OP to buy the car, or mod it. BMW has every right to enforce its contract if it chooses to.

Sorry you don't get that.
You must be a really good guy.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #119
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
. I'm willing to bet these are the kind of people that hold more baggage and secrets than normal folks.

Definitely.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2019, 09:37 PM   #120
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

Post #105
///JPL3.00
      10-29-2019, 10:00 PM   #121
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:

Are they the type of people who stand up in the back of the plane when people haven't started deplaning yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 03:13 AM   #122
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Returning the car to stock and asking bmw to diagnose and repair is not fraud. Keeping silent is unethical perhaps but not fraud.

If you are asked whether the car was modified or not and lie - then have it repaired under warranty and get busted - that's Fraud.

It's a fine line.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2019, 06:31 AM   #123
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

Quote:
You must be a really good guy.
Nah, I'm pretty average. We all have a values system. There is a time and a place to look out for #1 for sure. This isn't that point for me, especially if I can't use ignorance as an excuse. If I know the rules, break them, then either plead ignorance, or try to lie, that's not a place I'm going to go. To the posters commenting about 2 cents and lectures, and raising kids, I've done that, and there's a good point there. I wouldn't want my kid to know if I (directly or by omission) committed fraud.

And you guys are correct. There doesn't need to be a lecture. The inference that the OP was willing to commit fraud (I know you guys don't like that word, but that's what this is) made me want to comment.

I don't call names, I don't bully, and I'm not a keyboard tough guy. Just remember who is attacking who here. Have fun with the rest of your thread, I've got work to do.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11478.00
      10-30-2019, 11:54 AM   #124
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Returning the car to stock and asking bmw to diagnose and repair is not fraud. Keeping silent or Unethical perhaps but not fraud.

If you are asked whether the car was modified or not and lie - then have it repaired under warranty and get busted - that's Fraud.

It's a fine line.
+1
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #125
weavingtraffic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
1990 Mazda Miata  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Quote:

I love this. Preach dude, forum is full of this. I put this in my signature
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:13 PM   #126
m4dbimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Wow.. Didnt realize we had so many service managers in here.
Appreciate 5
      11-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #127
RevNev
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Why not put the car back to stock, take it to the dealer and say it doesn't run properly. If the car's visibly stock then it isn't modified. It doesn't matter if it used to be modified, long as it's stock when presented for warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:02 PM   #128
BB6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80

Everyone has different ways to look at it. BMW knows for a fact they have an issue with spun crank hubs, they have stock ones spinning. Maybe not often, but there are. Manufacturer default. Was the car modified, YES. Did he know the risk, YES. Can he try to get it repaired under warranty, YES. Is there something wrong with him doing so, WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE.
I can list off several instances through out the forums where BMW has deliberately screwed people with stock cars that have been maybe 1,500 or 5,000 miles past warranty and told them to take a hike. BMW has also denied warranty claims for people who have made simple intake or exhaust mods. Everyone will have their own take on that so don't get your panties in a bunch.
Just saying if the spun crank hub is an already known issue in manufacturing then maybe this isn't such a hard line to cross. While his mods are pushing the car (not to the limits of its capabilities by any means, except found CH issue) I just feel that the crank hub individual part could have been manufactured better, especially considering the performance machine BMW claims to be.
Every car I have owned has been modified, but none of them had failures due to manufacturing/engineering deficiency on such an important piece as this crank hub issue.
      11-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #129
Luluu
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevNev View Post
Why not put the car back to stock, take it to the dealer and say it doesn't run properly. If the car's visibly stock then it isn't modified. It doesn't matter if it used to be modified, long as it's stock when presented for warranty.

It's not that simple. When the car is scanned, BMW corporate receives FASTA data from the car which is like a data log. That tells them everything they need to know.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #130
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriyos_F82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevNev View Post

It's not that simple. When the car is scanned, BMW corporate receives FASTA data from the car which is like a data log. That tells them everything they need to know.
I'm pretty sure they won't go that far unless it requires a new engine, most likely they will cover the repair if it was just a spun hub with no damage done.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #131
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Hopefully someone in the US will just file a class action law suit against bmw for the SCH issue.

Then everyone else in the world can breath easy as bmw will cover it under goodwill for everyone for xyz number of years
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2019, 09:32 PM   #132
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

There are other known mechanical issues for BMW cars, not f80 , like rod knock. It's jus lucky there's an aftermarket fix for sch.
Appreciate 0