GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #23
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangquadcam View Post
Ok, not fair! I was told that there was NO WAY that could happen. But my dealer sucks, so I am not surprised!

I think we'll be in Salzburg on the 17th. Let me know if you're going to be anyplace close. Your earlier itinerary had you a little further south.

Hi Mustang.. Yea, my dealer said no way.. My ED contact in North America said can't be done. But my dealer was just final checking the order this week and he said that BMW built the car with the black grill ! I was quite pleased, to say the least.

Ya, I'll be in Southern France on the 17th.. I'm going to look at everyone that PM'd me their itinerary and see if any meet ups will work out earlier in the week. Hopefully I won't be too jetlagged to check out a couple people (from this board) deliveries on Sat Oct 10 !

As far as weather, I am no longer concerned.. check out the Grossglockner webcams I posted up.. It so far only snowed on the road once (lightly), which was rapidly cleared. The temps hover around 5C so there would be melting even if they didn't clear them. And the last week has been beautiful and clear.

I am definitely doing GG with my summer tires and I am still one week out. I wouldn't be too worried about the passes. Also, check the weather, some of them are still pretty warm (relatively speaking).
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2015, 10:14 AM   #24
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Well good luck to everyone !!

This may not work out for me since I am seeing frigid temps next week (cold snap) and the forecast of snow at the Grossglockner I will still attempt to drive as far up as I can go before any snow forces me to turn around.

I'll give a report when I come back.. It just sucks that one week can make that much of a difference.. This week was relatively warm (above freezing) and clear, and next week looks like complete ass.

Well, I guess I will have a "rainy/snowy ED" thread :P
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 01:36 AM   #25
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post

This may not work out for me since I am seeing frigid temps next week (cold snap) and the forecast of snow at the Grossglockner I will still attempt to drive as far up as I can go before any snow forces me to turn around.

I'll give a report when I come back.. It just sucks that one week can make that much of a difference.. This week was relatively warm (above freezing) and clear, and next week looks like complete ass.

Ugh. I know. Too late to get winter tires?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 04:47 AM   #26
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:

Where/how are you checking forecasts for the Grossglockner?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 08:12 AM   #27
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Not an option for me since I am not dropping off in Munich

I'm driving my wife crazy checking weather forecasts, since one week out, they literally change every day. She says I should just stop because I am just stressing myself out, which is true ;P

Anyway, NOW the update is GG will be snowy this week Wed-Fri, maybe a little on the weekend.. High temps around 32/33.. However, Monday looks to be sunny, but below freezing.. So it is potentially still a go. It depends how well they clear the road.. If its dry, it will be do-able at a careful speed. If there is snow actually on the road, they it will not be so fun.

However, obviously this is still almost a week out. The temp forecast has gone UP by 5-10 degrees since 2 days ago, so hopefully it will continue to move in this direction as the forecast gets more accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Where/how are you checking forecasts for the Grossglockner?
Hi Sam

For weather, I am checking Underground Weather using the Gemeinde Heiligenblut, AT weather station... its close enough, and if it is snowing there, it is likely snowing on GG. Checking the weather on the peak is not useful, since its much colder there and was snowing even in August. Finally, if you look at the webcam links I posted of the GG, you can look at the various points along the route the day before you plan to go (to check road conditions) but also, many of them display the current temperature in the upper right of the screen (when expanded). This is a good way to get the current situation on the road in terms of if the temps will give any significant melt.

As an example of "seasonal" weather, it is currently 47F on the GG, meaning its easily driveable with no snow/ice. I would be ecstatic if it turns out like that.

Anyway, current plan is to keep checking the weather forecasts, and Sat/Sunday, (I am going Monday) I will switch over and check the 5-6 webcams at the various GG points to physically see the road conditions.. If I see pavement (and not packed snow) I am going up.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #28
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not an option for me since I am not dropping off in Munich

I'm driving my wife crazy checking weather forecasts, since one week out, they literally change every day. She says I should just stop because I am just stressing myself out, which is true ;P

Anyway, NOW the update is GG will be snowy this week Wed-Fri, maybe a little on the weekend.. High temps around 32/33.. However, Monday looks to be sunny, but below freezing.. So it is potentially still a go. It depends how well they clear the road.. If its dry, it will be do-able at a careful speed. If there is snow actually on the road, they it will not be so fun.

However, obviously this is still almost a week out. The temp forecast has gone UP by 5-10 degrees since 2 days ago, so hopefully it will continue to move in this direction as the forecast gets more accurate.

Hi Sam

For weather, I am checking Underground Weather using the Gemeinde Heiligenblut, AT weather station... its close enough, and if it is snowing there, it is likely snowing on GG. Checking the weather on the peak is not useful, since its much colder there and was snowing even in August. Finally, if you look at the webcam links I posted of the GG, you can look at the various points along the route the day before you plan to go (to check road conditions) but also, many of them display the current temperature in the upper right of the screen (when expanded). This is a good way to get the current situation on the road in terms of if the temps will give any significant melt.

As an example of "seasonal" weather, it is currently 47F on the GG, meaning its easily driveable with no snow/ice. I would be ecstatic if it turns out like that.

Anyway, current plan is to keep checking the weather forecasts, and Sat/Sunday, (I am going Monday) I will switch over and check the 5-6 webcams at the various GG points to physically see the road conditions.. If I see pavement (and not packed snow) I am going up.
The forecast is driving me nuts too.

Is the flooding still an issue in NIce?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #29
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Do you have to reserve those or can you just show up after leaving the Welt?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 11:04 AM   #30
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
From what I hear you have to set up an appointment at least a week ahead of time to make sure it goes smoothly. I believe some people also let their ED coordinator know ahead of time and they make sure it goes smoothly.

I have never done it, I have just read these things.

Quote:
The forecast is driving me nuts too.

Is the flooding still an issue in NIce?
As far as I know, its just cleanup now ? I think Cannes was the worst hit, with Nice just being a place of refuge (?).. The biggest issue should be solved already: the roads should be open by now.

yo Mustang, how funny is it that I will see your car at TT Transit when I drop mine off ?? (2 hours later) Maybe I will slip a note into your door, lol.. I'll take a picture with our cars side by side. Maybe I will coax the TT transit guy to take your keys, have him jump into your car and drag race me around the airport ;P
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #31
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
From what I hear you have to set up an appointment at least a week ahead of time to make sure it goes smoothly. I believe some people also let their ED coordinator know ahead of time and they make sure it goes smoothly.

I have never done it, I have just read these things.

As far as I know, its just cleanup now ? I think Cannes was the worst hit, with Nice just being a place of refuge (?).. The biggest issue should be solved already: the roads should be open by now.

yo Mustang, how funny is it that I will see your car at TT Transit when I drop mine off ?? (2 hours later) Maybe I will slip a note into your door, lol.. I'll take a picture with our cars side by side. Maybe I will coax the TT transit guy to take your keys, have him jump into your car and drag race me around the airport ;P
LOL.....I bet those guys do that a lot more than any of us know! Think of the keys they get to the expensive cars that are dropped off. Just like "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

And definitely get a picture of the two cars. PM me and I'll give you my email to send me a copy.

'17 M2 San Marino Blue, 6MT; 2011 335iS, 2007 328i, 19 Ram 1500, '18 Yamaha MT-07, '14 Kawasaki Ninja 1000. SOLD: '16 European Delivery M3 San Marino Blue, 6MT. '13 335iS, 2002 M3 6MT, 1997 M3, 1998 M3, 1996 328is (picked up in Munich at OLD ED Center), '88 Mustang GT 5.0, '84.5 Mustang SVO Turbo, '77 Rabbit,a cool 1992 Taurus SHO, and KTMs.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #32
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
I think you have to reserve them ahead of time.

Just checked the forecasts for Munich, Prague and Solden, Austria, and it looks ok. Some sun, some clouds, a little rain, etc. So I think I'll pass on the tires, and then modify my route if I have to.

I think you call BMWUSA about the tires.
'17 M2 San Marino Blue, 6MT; 2011 335iS, 2007 328i, 19 Ram 1500, '18 Yamaha MT-07, '14 Kawasaki Ninja 1000. SOLD: '16 European Delivery M3 San Marino Blue, 6MT. '13 335iS, 2002 M3 6MT, 1997 M3, 1998 M3, 1996 328is (picked up in Munich at OLD ED Center), '88 Mustang GT 5.0, '84.5 Mustang SVO Turbo, '77 Rabbit,a cool 1992 Taurus SHO, and KTMs.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 02:17 PM   #33
INDVDL///M
Truth seeker
Rep
Drives: German cars

Garage List
2012 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
We take our ED on our baby October 16 at 9:40....can't wait.

October 15 - Arrive in Munich
October 16 - Munich -->Konstanz
October 17 - Konstanz -->Strasbourg -->Stuttgart
October 18 - Stuttgart --> Nurburg
October 19 - Nurburg --> Tielrode
October 20 - Tielrode --> Amsterdam
October 22 - Amsterdam -->Hamburg
October 25 - Hamburg --> Ruegen
October 26 - Ruegen --> Berlin
October 29 - Berlin --> Frankfurt

Individual F80 M3, 6speed....with all the M Performance goodies she can handle when she lands in Canada. Just in time to be parked for a few months over the winter
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #34
ben1233
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, F87 M2 CS

OP, FWIW, the pictures of how to get to Nice TT Car are the exact same ones that I used in MAY 2015. Are you sure they changed locations? Those pictures would have me believe otherwise.

When you approach the general vicinity of the red building, it does look like you're about to start driving into a restricted area where you'd otherwise not belong. Just press on a little further and you will see that little red hut. Good luck!

The guy who helped me 'Cristoph' was totally cool. He accidentally kept my travel binder and was kind enough to drop it off at my hotel a mile away 30 minutes later.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2015, 06:03 AM   #35
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
Heading out today. I hope everyone has good weather and enjoys their trip. For you other guys dropping your car off in Nice on the 19th, if you see an Estoril F80 out there, make sure they are taking care of it!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #36
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Up to 2 inches of snow forecast for Grossglockner Saturday, the day I was planning to head up there. So thats out unless something changes.
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 03:21 AM   #37
dchen2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, XF Super V8

Crazy how early snow falls high up in the mountains!

8 day count down for me... I pick up my MG/SS M3 at the Welt 10:50am on Friday, Oct 16.

I'm sticking with summer tires as well, weather permitting I'm looking forward to exploring the Alpine Strasse and Autobahns.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #38
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky View Post
Up to 2 inches of snow forecast for Grossglockner Saturday, the day I was planning to head up there. So thats out unless something changes.
f.
Yes, however, keep checking the web cams. I assume the snow is overnight but currently the conditions on the road is still above freezing (but foggy). No active snowfall at the moment. But I agree, temps are going to plummet over the weekend with snow forecast. It just depends on the elevation. However, the day I was planning on going (Monday), it has changed the forecast to sunny. If it stays this way, it shouldn't be a problem driving it on Monday. Worst case scenario, I start driving it and half way up I have to turn around because they didn't clear the road.. not a big deal (as long as the sunny forecast remains)

I will keep my eye on the actual condition of the road via webcams and decide right before I leave Munich on Oct 12.

I will post the conditions I experienced on the forum, for the guys that are coming a week later (the actual conditions won't matter as much as how quickly and how well they clear the road after a snowfall)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #39
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep

Quote:
f.
Just an update specifically for you, frisky: Monday is forecast to be SUNNY and ABOVE FREEZING

I'll be on it at 2pm !!!

Weather gets worse later in the mid week as a front moves through.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 11:06 AM   #40
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Quote:
Just an update specifically for you, frisky: Monday is forecast to be SUNNY and ABOVE FREEZING

I'll be on it at 2pm !!!

Weather gets worse later in the mid week as a front moves through.
I arrived in Munich this morning and its rather warm here (mid to upper 60s). I think to your point it'll be fine in the mountains tomorrow. i think im doing it! cant wait for delivery day tomorrow! whoo!

f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #41
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Just arrived in Munich Thursday and took delivery today. As was posted, the weather was very nice. I am in Hohenschwangau now and it is overcast but still not very cold. Everyone I have asked about snow has kind of laughed at me.

p.s. my M3 came with Continentals but I got all the freebies.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2015, 01:33 AM   #42
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I arrived in Munich this morning and its rather warm here (mid to upper 60s). I think to your point it'll be fine in the mountains tomorrow. i think im doing it! cant wait for delivery day tomorrow! whoo!

f.
Post a delivery picture when you get it!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #43
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I'm here in Munich now finishing my trip. It's cold today but you'll be fine without winter tires as long as it stays like this. I crossed the border twice and had zero traffic either time. Just use google maps and it will take you off the highways. It's a better drive anyways and no traffic
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2015, 06:46 AM   #44
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
I'm here in Munich now finishing my trip. It's cold today but you'll be fine without winter tires as long as it stays like this. I crossed the border twice and had zero traffic either time. Just use google maps and it will take you off the highways. It's a better drive anyways and no traffic
Thanks for the update. I checked the 10/15 day forecast for Munich, and it looks a bit cold and wet, but never below freezing.

But I'm starting to think Grossglockner might be out.
Appreciate 0