Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-31-2017, 08:57 PM   #67
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Here you go boys. I got the $1500 AARP discount and applied for the BMW cca rebate and it got denied. Makes my decision to not renew my cca membership so easy . They're gonna lose members in droves now that BMW make it so anyone can get a fleet discount, so maybe they'll reconsider
Attached Images

2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #68
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Here you go boys. I got the $1500 AARP discount and applied for the BMW cca rebate and it got denied. Makes my decision to not renew my cca membership so easy . They're gonna lose members in droves now that BMW make it so anyone can get a fleet discount, so maybe they'll reconsider
Obviously there are other benefits to the BMW CCA, but I do agree. I only signed up hoping to get the discount on my next car, won't be renewing now.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #69
r20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
I used the "Morgan Stanley Reserved Program" for an additional $2500 discount on my M4. Dealer never heard of the program and advised I was the first to use it. Very simple to obtain if you have an account. And yes, the $2500 off was on top of the deal I already negotiated. And, NO, you don't have to be a BMW employee to get it. Just follow the instructions.

Offer Details:

$2,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of a BMW 2, 3, 4, 5, i8, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 and Z4 (includes M models)
$3,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of the 6 and 7 series (includes M models)
$5,000 off the purchase or $1,500 of the lease of a BMW *i3 BEV, i3 REX
More importantly why do you do business with morgan Stanley? They one of the lowest rated brokers, and be careful the my just don't churn your account.

Just buy vanguard passive index funds.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 08:43 PM   #70
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
For all of you unfamiliar with the BMW CCA rebate and how it works, it's is not BMW CCA's decision that disqualifies you from receiving the rebate if you have already received a corporate, fleet, or any other disqualifying discount that is specifically mentioned on the BMW CCA rebate form. Those are BMW NA's rules.

BMW CCA is only the middleman, all they do is check to see whether you have been a member for the last full year, they then forward the paperwork to BMW NA. BMW NA processes the paperwork, undoubtedly looks up the VIN, and if the person qualifies for the BMW CCA discount, then the rebate check comes directly from BMW NA.

If you get a discount that is specifically prohibited on the BMW CCA rebate paperwork, then filling out the paperwork and submitting it is just wasting your time, BMW CCA's time, and BMW NA's time for a claim that will undoubtedly be rejected. It's all pretty straightforward and spelled out pretty plainly.

What I find humorous is people that try to scam the system and then get pissed of at BMW CCA when their rebate is denied. The same goes for people who don't get their rebate in within the specified time frame. BMW CCA doesn't make the decision, BMW NA does.
Quote:
Told ya so... And of course it's all BMW CCA's fault, even though BMW NA is who makes the decision, so if you're going to blame anyone, blame BMW NA. BMW CCA is only a middleman. I doubt that BMW CCA is going to "lose members in droves" because a few greedy people are upset that they can't double-dip. BMW CCA is the largest marque club in the US, larger than the PCA, and I doubt they'll miss your membership.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #71
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Told ya so... And of course it's all BMW CCA's fault, even though BMW NA is who makes the decision, so if you're going to blame anyone, blame BMW NA. BMW CCA is only a middleman. I doubt that BMW CCA is going to "lose members in droves" because a few greedy people are upset that they can't double-dip. BMW CCA is the largest marque club in the US, larger than the PCA, and I doubt they'll miss your membership.
Lol. You are really taking this personally aren't you? No, I wasn't going to take your word for it. I submitted the application myself in 5 mins. What did I have to lose? And I personally joined BMW cca only for the rebate. I get no other benefit from it. I would bet that most also joined strictly for the rebate. So let's see how many members they'll have in a few years time.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #72
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Lol. You are really taking this personally aren't you? No, I wasn't going to take your word for it. I submitted the application myself in 5 mins. What did I have to lose? And I personally joined BMW cca only for the rebate. I get no other benefit from it. I would bet that most also joined strictly for the rebate. So let's see how many members they'll have in a few years time.
The only thing I take personally is you trashing the BMW CCA as if you not getting your rebate is their fault. It's not their fault, BMW NA makes and enforces the rules, and BMW CCA just administers the program for people who actually support the marque, which obviously isn't you. I take it personally because I know everyone at National headquarters in Greenville, SC, and hundreds of other BMW CCA members, all over the country, many of whom are close friends. And obviously most people don't join just for the rebate, because it's been in existence since 1969 and has over 75,000 active members in 67 chapters all over the US. I know lots of people who have been members for years and they've never even bought a new BMW, so obviously they're not just in it for the money. BMW CCA holds an annual Oktoberfest in a different location every year and well over a thousand people attend each year. They are supported by BMW NA and BMW GmbH, and many BMW executives from the US and Germany attended the last Oktoberfest in August last year in Monterey.

You obviously know nothing about the BMW CCA, to you they are only a way for you to get $500 back on your new BMW. Like I said, BMW CCA will not miss your membership, since you never bothered to connect with them anyway.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #73
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The only thing I take personally is you trashing the BMW CCA as if you not getting your rebate is their fault. It's not their fault, BMW NA makes and enforces the rules, and BMW CCA just administers the program for people who actually support the marque, which obviously isn't you. I take it personally because I know everyone at National headquarters in Greenville, SC, and hundreds of other BMW CCA members, all over the country, many of whom are close friends. And obviously most people don't join just for the rebate, because it's been in existence since 1969 and has over 75,000 active members in 67 chapters all over the US. I know lots of people who have been members for years and they've never even bought a new BMW, so obviously they're not just in it for the money. BMW CCA holds an annual Oktoberfest in a different location every year and well over a thousand people attend each year. They are supported by BMW NA and BMW GmbH, and many BMW executives from the US and Germany attended the last Oktoberfest in August last year in Monterey.

You obviously know nothing about the BMW CCA, to you they are only a way for you to get $500 back on your new BMW. Like I said, BMW CCA will not miss your membership, since you never bothered to connect with them anyway.
Who said I blame BMW cca?? Am I upset in any way?? I've previously gotten the fleet discount and the BMW cca rebate so I did the same with this car. I'm not upset. I'm not blaming them. You need to relax
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #74
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
You just came across as entitled (at least to me). Its like " I see this information specifically prohibiting the EXACT thing I am trying to do, but of course I dont think the rules apply to ME because I am special".

I am not even talking about the BMW CCA membership itself, I am talking about the fact that the exact paperwork that you submitted SPECIFICALLY stated that what you were trying to do was SPECIFICALLY not allowed, but somehow you kept saying "Its ambigious" and stuff.

Again, it came across like " I see these rules but they dont apply to Meeeee" to me (and I would imagine I am not the only one).
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00
      04-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #75
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Here you go boys. I got the $1500 AARP discount and applied for the BMW cca rebate and it got denied. Makes my decision to not renew my cca membership so easy .
If you joined the Club just for the rebate, then yes, sure.

Quote:
They're gonna lose members in droves now that BMW make it so anyone can get a fleet discount, so maybe they'll reconsider
I'm not so sure about that conclusion, and the premise is misleading.
BMW CCA does not control the rebate, or the exclusions around it. BMW NA does.

From your perspective, BMW NA may have fractionally undermined the appeal of BMW CCA membership by making the new car rebate harder to collect.
On the other hand, the new car rebates are not the primary driver for membership, Roundel and local car driving and social events are.

So if someone bails on an organization because they found a better rebate elsewhere, then - and don't take it personally - good riddance.
Those folks weren't adding anything to the Club, so the Club is no worse for their departure. Just about 10% of BMW CCA membership actively participates in its activities. I will miss those folks when they bail. I will miss the volunteers who stage those events in more!

The 90% who I don't ever see or meet ...

a
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42992.00
      04-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #76
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
If you joined the Club just for the rebate, then yes, sure.

I'm not so sure about that conclusion, and the premise is misleading.
BMW CCA does not control the rebate, or the exclusions around it. BMW NA does.

From your perspective, BMW NA may have fractionally undermined the appeal of BMW CCA membership by making the new car rebate harder to collect.
On the other hand, the new car rebates are not the primary driver for membership, Roundel and local car driving and social events are.

So if someone bails on an organization because they found a better rebate elsewhere, then - and don't take it personally - good riddance.
Those folks weren't adding anything to the Club, so the Club is no worse for their departure. Just about 10% of BMW CCA membership actively participates in its activities. I will miss those folks when they bail. I will miss the volunteers who stage those events in more!

The 90% who I don't ever see or meet ...

a

just adding membership fees so i was actually adding to the club
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #77
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
just adding membership fees so i was actually adding to the club
Membership fees are net neutral, or net negative per member.
Between subsidizing publishing costs (Roundel, local newsletters), insurance and national overhead, local chapters only break even by charging for local events and via token sponsorships.

I suspect your decision has just saved a local chapter some money...

a
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 09:24 PM   #78
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
The easiest one that anyone can join is aarp. USA swimming is possible but requires a week or two. You need to mail the documents in and do a background check which all take time. AARP is instanteous but my dealer initially told me you have to be over 55. I didn't want to argue with them so while waiting for my car I went ahead and became a USA swimming member. At delivery they told me they would be able to do the aarp ��
omaralt , can you explain the process of joining team usa swimming?

I find a location to sign-up and donate but they are two separate screens. How do you link the two? Or is there a phone number to do it directly?

Also, looks like you can be a member for 1k.

The USA Swimming Foundation's Champions Club is comprised of our most distinguished and loyal supporters. Members of the Champions Club provide crucial financial leadership to the swimming community, and receive exclusive benefits reserved for our inner circle of friends.

https://donate28118.thankyou4caring....e.aspx?pid=412

Last edited by drexplode; 04-18-2017 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #79
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxr006 View Post
Quote:
I used the "Morgan Stanley Reserved Program" for an additional $2500 discount on my M4. Dealer never heard of the program and advised I was the first to use it. Very simple to obtain if you have an account. And yes, the $2500 off was on top of the deal I already negotiated. And, NO, you don't have to be a BMW employee to get it. Just follow the instructions.

Offer Details:

$2,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of a BMW 2, 3, 4, 5, i8, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 and Z4 (includes M models)
$3,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of the 6 and 7 series (includes M models)
More importantly why do you do business with morgan Stanley? They one of the lowest rated brokers, and be careful the my just don't churn your account.

Totally OT but cite your source on that
      04-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #80
r20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxr006 View Post
Quote:

Offer Details:

Totally OT but cite your source on that

Topratedfirms.com
Pissedconsumer.com
Investmentnews.com "Morgan Stanley head count drops to record low" can't retain talent.
Fool.com: problem with full service brokerage accounts.

The guy who sits next to me who bitches about $100 trades..

I don't understand why would want to invest with a human... if those dudes were that good, they would be running a hedge fund.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #81
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
omaralt , can you explain the process of joining team usa swimming?

I find a location to sign-up and donate but they are two separate screens. How do you link the two? Or is there a phone number to do it directly?

Also, looks like you can be a member for 1k.

The USA Swimming Foundation's Champions Club is comprised of our most distinguished and loyal supporters. Members of the Champions Club provide crucial financial leadership to the swimming community, and receive exclusive benefits reserved for our inner circle of friends.

https://donate28118.thankyou4caring....e.aspx?pid=412

you have to find your local usa swim chapter and join them. it's a slow annoying process; and a complete waste of time since they accepted my aarp discount
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #82
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
you have to find your local usa swim chapter and join them. it's a slow annoying process; and a complete waste of time since they accepted my aarp discount
I believe the AARP discount has now ended. Correct?

I will look into the SWIM discount, thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #83
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

For what it's worth, the CCA rebate stacks with European Delivery.

The ED discount is so significant I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it that way.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:18 AM   #84
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
For what it's worth, the CCA rebate stacks with European Delivery.

The ED discount is so significant I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it that way.
Because, unless you are already going to Europe for vacation (or have a bunch of points / miles from business / personal travel to make the trip free), the amount of discount is largely eaten up by travel / hotel costs.

I have not done it (I am considering it sometime but dont vacation in Europe), but I dont think the discount is big enough to go there JUST for the discount.

For the experience + the discount, sure.

I know people who swear by it... but JUST for the discount, unless you have some way to make the trip almost free, doesnt really work (at least not to me).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #85
Space gray
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX 50

Garage List
2022 BMW iX50  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
I believe the AARP discount has now ended. Correct?
Hurry, you have until May 1st.

http://specialadvertising.aarp.org/2...O-LOGIN-ewhere
Appreciate 1
drexplode1780.50
      04-20-2017, 04:04 AM   #86
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
Because, unless you are already going to Europe for vacation (or have a bunch of points / miles from business / personal travel to make the trip free), the amount of discount is largely eaten up by travel / hotel costs.

I have not done it (I am considering it sometime but dont vacation in Europe), but I dont think the discount is big enough to go there JUST for the discount.

For the experience + the discount, sure.

I know people who swear by it... but JUST for the discount, unless you have some way to make the trip almost free, doesnt really work (at least not to me).
For my build, the ED vs US price was almost $6000 difference. Subtract the $2500 and you're still left with a $3500 vacation budget. Ticket less than $1500, hotels about $100 a night. Even if you just go for a few days, long enough to drive through the Alps and visit the Nurburgring, you spend basically the same amount of money except get an amazing driving experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 05:55 AM   #87
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
For my build, the ED vs US price was almost $6000 difference. Subtract the $2500 and you're still left with a $3500 vacation budget. Ticket less than $1500, hotels about $100 a night. Even if you just go for a few days, long enough to drive through the Alps and visit the Nurburgring, you spend basically the same amount of money except get an amazing driving experience.
What keeps me from doing ED is the time. Takes too long to get your car.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:57 AM   #88
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So a ticket is 1500 (meaning you would be going by yourself, not paying for a spouse / significant other)? $100 a night is a pretty budget hotel... what about food?

Even with your costs , you mention it comes out "about the same", which is my point. It does not make sense to do euro delivery "JUST" for the money, which I think was what you said originally. You dont currently lose a "lot" of money doing euro delivery, but back in the day people used to do Euro Delivery, and fly in, take delivery, and drive the car right to the drop off spot and fly back home the next day... because it made financial sense to do so.

It no longer really does, unless the flight to europe is already a sunk cost.
Appreciate 0