Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
PixelJanitor
Rep
Drives: F80 / F82

Aggressive reverse movement after flash

I recently flashed my DCT on my F82 with BootMod3 to the GTS tune, and with Thor, also flashed LSD, MDM, and steering. When cold, the idle when starting to reverse is sometimes very unsteady, dips down for a second, and almost stalls out sometimes. In addition, when this happens there seems to feel a vibration in the rear end for a moment and some small lunges when trying to gently reverse.

Is this normal with the updated clutch pressure changes from the flashes? Next steps was to reverse some of the flashes to stock one my one to nail down the on that caused this issue, but wanted to reach out on here first to see if others have experienced this?

Last edited by PixelJanitor; 10-26-2020 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #2
PixelJanitor
Rep
Drives: F80 / F82

I uninstalled Thor and it didn't help. Once the vehicle was warmed up there was slight to none of these symptoms. Cold clutch issue you think?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 03:19 AM   #3
andrei.m4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f82

My car was same on gts/cs bm3 or thor. The only one solved the problem was xhp dct software(i am on stage3, not tested other stages). After first flash drive 100-200km without hard push, let the gearbox to adapt.
Appreciate 0