R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-30-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
ColesM4
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

M4 Brake Warning on dash?

When I try to reset the front brake pads. I get a reset unsuccessful message. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:27 PM   #2
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesM4 View Post
When I try to reset the front brake pads. I get a reset unsuccessful message. Any ideas?
Did you replace the pads because you got a front brake pad sensor light? If so, those sensors need to be replaced. If you replaced it, try unplugging and replugging it back in and then resetting. If that still doesn't work and you are sure there is no issue with that sensor, then you need to get a scanner like the NT510 and clear it. But I've never had an issue with resetting after changing the sensor.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #3
Bad Company
Rep
Drives: '16 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames View Post
Did you replace the pads because you got a front brake pad sensor light? If so, those sensors need to be replaced. If you replaced it, try unplugging and replugging it back in and then resetting. If that still doesn't work and you are sure there is no issue with that sensor, then you need to get a scanner like the NT510 and clear it. But I've never had an issue with resetting after changing the sensor.
I had the same experience on my wife's wagon. If the sensor is worn at all, you need to replace the sensor to reset the timer.
Appreciate 0