Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #23
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZap16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
That's a great thing.

Two practical points - it costs money to fight a warranty denial in court.

Once you add power it would reasonable for any court to conclude that on the balance of probabilities, the power bump may have contributed to the malfunction in the drivetrain or engine.

Given that most people running a midpipe also tune to deal with the check engine light - it becomes a tough argument to win.

The act was designed to allow aftermarket parts and servicing etc to protect the consumer. It wasn't designed to protect you if you add 60hp and blow the turbo.
What do you mean "deal with check engine light", does a mid pipe trigger a check engine light?
Sorry I meant downpipe!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #24
svr21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M4 ZCP Yas Marina Blue

Never knew that....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 12:02 PM   #25
TatuBuilt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pate68 View Post
i just had my cat delete installed with an MPE from a bmw dealer - they said its not a problem.
MPE doesnt remove secondary cats. Its required to cut your factory exhaust and fit to the mpe right after the secondary cats. There are too many variables to know for sure if OP will have his warranty flagged for no sec cats. But if his dealer were strict then yes. His car would be flagged.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:21 PM   #26
darkbluemn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4 F82

I heard from my friend once that he got warranty denied for a Subaru when came to engine issue. Dealer said he modified the axle back exhaust and that was the reason of engine failure because of the lack of back pressure.

So obviously that not the issue but if dealer said that, are you going to throw a tech book or write a research to against their conclusion? Even you have strong reason, the dealer can still say "we think it's because of lacking back pressure, that's what we found out".
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #27
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbluemn View Post
I heard from my friend once that he got warranty denied for a Subaru when came to engine issue. Dealer said he modified the axle back exhaust and that was the reason of engine failure because of the lack of back pressure.

So obviously that not the issue but if dealer said that, are you going to throw a tech book or write a research to against their conclusion? Even you have strong reason, the dealer can still say "we think it's because of lacking back pressure, that's what we found out".
Warranty gets not denied by the dealer, only BMW NA does that.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #28
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

I just ask my SA anytime I do anything just to be safe. I have Akra Evo and it deletes secondary cats and my SA said it was no big deal.