GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

07-13-2021, 08:09 PM   #45
JagR2611
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
nope, I drive past them with the windows rolled up with tinted front windows, never had an issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
nope, I drive past them with the windows rolled up with tinted front windows, never had an issue.
+1. Windshield included.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 06:16 AM   #46
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Had a cop tail me for about a mile then he just took off.

I could of smoked him; hwy was wide open.

Would of been a 60 roll…
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #47
unfoundnemo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post

Would of been a 60 roll…
Had one come up on me after I did a nice pull on an empty highway a few months ago. I quickly hit the limiter, backed off, and started to go through some interchanges at a moderate speed when I noticed him closing in. I honestly thought it was someone coming up to me to play around, and simply slowed down further since it was around 3AM and figured he might have been drinking. After the 3rd interchange he was close enough for me to realize it was an SUV and my initial assumption was flawed, he put on the lights shortly after that.

He simply thanked me for slowing down as he had no chance of catching me, nor any clue how far into the triple digits I may have been; he just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking. There wasn't even a warning or mention of me slowing down in the conversation, but again, literally nobody around (he was a good 1/2 mile behind me and just saw me vanish after I entered the highway).
      07-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #48
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post

Would of been a 60 roll…
Had one come up on me after I did a nice pull on an empty highway a few months ago. I quickly hit the limiter, backed off, and started to go through some interchanges at a moderate speed when I noticed him closing in. I honestly thought it was someone coming up to me to play around, and simply slowed down further since it was around 3AM and figured he might have been drinking. After the 3rd interchange he was close enough for me to realize it was an SUV and my initial assumption was flawed, he put on the lights shortly after that.

He simply thanked me for slowing down as he had no chance of catching me, nor any clue how far into the triple digits I may have been; he just wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking. There wasn't even a warning or mention of me slowing down in the conversation, but again, literally nobody around (he was a good 1/2 mile behind me and just saw me vanish after I entered the highway).
That was very nice of the officer.

Most of my encounters with police are on the sport bike. Fortunately never had an issue. When cops see my face and on sport bikes they assume a-hole etc.

10 seconds into the conversation they figure I'm
"Somebody" and all ends well.

I Did get profiled once; that was interesting.

Young cop

I was at a Walmart waiting for my wife. Just got brand new 2015 GTI. Was a beautiful Sunny day.

Cop asked me if I was there to rob the Walmart cause I was not in a parking spot.

We go back and forth for a few…

He says you cant idle there and leaves

In my line of work I worked with that town and was Friendly with chief of police town selectman etc.

I called chief on Monday. He Asked if I wanted to file a complaint. I said no.

Oh well…
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #49
Karlooch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

My M4 is pretty stock cosmetically and is relatively subtle looking (Black color) and to your average person it probably just looks like a regular 4 series so I probably get hassled less because of it. Had a cop follow me one time for like 5 minutes, short shifted it to keep my noise level down and just drove normally. He did peer out his window and look at me as he drove straight and I turned left but figured he was just checking my tint.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 08:02 PM   #50
LLAM4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

As long as you didn't do something crazy, like getting caught doing double the speed limit you should be able to talk your way out of of it as long as you are polite and dont come off as a dick.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 09:33 PM   #51
Rogue_fxdl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 / '11 325is/89 325is

My whip is a '17 M3, mineral grey...I recently retired after a long career in LE...I worked the hood on a drug interdiction team and later as a Gang Task Force investigator. Passing thru an intersection adjacent to a bad area, my ride gets profiled and pulled for a smoked plastic cover over the tag!..The cop recognizes me and tells me about the tag cover. After all the years of chaos I saw and encountered in the area,. ME: Yea right, I'll yank it off, now go do some real police work on the block and do some directive patrol.
Appreciate 1
2011ninja3382.00
      07-18-2021, 09:57 PM   #52
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_fxdl View Post
My whip is a '17 M3, mineral grey...I recently retired after a long career in LE...I worked the hood on a drug interdiction team and later as a Gang Task Force investigator. Passing thru an intersection adjacent to a bad area, my ride gets profiled and pulled for a smoked plastic cover over the tag!..The cop recognizes me and tells me about the tag cover. After all the years of chaos I saw and encountered in the area,. ME: Yea right, I'll yank it off, now go do some real police work on the block and do some directive patrol.
LE in Asheville? Wife and I have a condo about 2 blocks from station.