Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #67
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post

The only thing about the buttons is that I've grown to like their layout now that i own the car and have committed things to memory. One function, one button. It beats the hell out of wading through multiple levels of menus to change a setting
Once you know where they are, it's easy. Nice thing is the buttons are almost exactly the same on our Panamera as on my 911, it lends a degree of familiarity.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #68
blschaefer1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
Once you know where they are, it's easy. Nice thing is the buttons are almost exactly the same on our Panamera as on my 911, it lends a degree of familiarity.
Fair point. I tend to be pro-button, but I think it is overkill in the Macan and Cayenne. The layout makes sense in the 981 and 991 given the small cabin size, but in the Macan I find it just odd and looks messy. I suppose Porsche is trying to be consistent across the model range. Regardless, I think we can all agree that Porsche's PCM is about as non-user friendly as they come.

One thing I neglected to mention previously was the Macan loaner I had came with the panoramic sunroof. Good lord, it was easily the hottest interior in a vehicle I have ever experienced. Park that thing in the sun for an hour and the greenhouse effect takes over, coupled with black leather and my wife nearly got first degree burns on her thighs LOL.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 03:57 PM   #69
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blschaefer1 View Post
Fair point. I tend to be pro-button, but I think it is overkill in the Macan and Cayenne. The layout makes sense in the 981 and 991 given the small cabin size, but in the Macan I find it just odd and looks messy. I suppose Porsche is trying to be consistent across the model range. Regardless, I think we can all agree that Porsche's PCM is about as non-user friendly as they come.

One thing I neglected to mention previously was the Macan loaner I had came with the panoramic sunroof. Good lord, it was easily the hottest interior in a vehicle I have ever experienced. Park that thing in the sun for an hour and the greenhouse effect takes over, coupled with black leather and my wife nearly got first degree burns on her thighs LOL.
I have a Macan GTS also and have not experienced the heat as you describe but I always close the shade. I also think PCM is very intuitive. I also much prefer the touchscreen.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #70
blschaefer1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
I have a Macan GTS also and have not experienced the heat as you describe but I always close the shade. I also think PCM is very intuitive. I also much prefer the touchscreen.
I’m in sunny SoCal. Trust me the panoramic sunroof is a mistake in that car in this area. And touchscreens work on phones and iPads. Not in cars IMHO, though they seem to be the trend. And now we are seeing ‘buttons’ on flat panels instead of real buttons, i.e. the new Panamera the coming high end Audi’s.
Appreciate 0