EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

09-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #1
siv1402
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini One Clubman 2018

Thumbs up Apple Carplay for BMW-MINI with ENAV EVO or ENAV2

I bought a MINI One Clubman 2018 without Navi hoping that Apple Carplay works on it. Sadly Carplay option wasn't available so i approached the local MINI handler and they said the Head Unit has to be completely changed and it would cost EUR 2800+ service charge. I didnt wanna invest such an amount for Carplay. Though i invested my time on finding if its possible in other ways. Searched a lot of Bimmer related posts, found a person nearby in Germany with a Bimmer mods website and called him regarding this. He said the same that the Head unit has to be changed and this time EUR 3000.

I continued my research until i found a couple of providers who offered to provide it at a comparitively very low price. I approached kubax86 and confirmed if CP could be activated, he checked my VIN and promised it could be done. On VIN verification by myself there wasnt 6CP option available so i had a doubt if it has WIFI antenna or not. But kubax86 said it should work fine.

I purchased the required cables from Amazon and CP Activation his website
received an email after purchase along with video instructions. Activation was a cakewalk with those instructions.

After activation Carplay still didnt appear on Home and in Vehicle Settings i found CP option but couldnt check that option. I messaged him and he was readily available to answer, he said the Car must be turned off for 10 minutes. Locked the car went for a walk tried after 10 minutes and bingo it worked.

Thanks a lot kubax86 from www.bimmer-remote.com
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2022, 01:49 AM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by siv1402 View Post
I bought a MINI One Clubman 2018 without Navi hoping that Apple Carplay works on it. Sadly Carplay option wasn't available so i approached the local MINI handler and they said the Head Unit has to be completely changed and it would cost EUR 2800+ service charge. I didnt wanna invest such an amount for Carplay. Though i invested my time on finding if its possible in other ways. Searched a lot of Bimmer related posts, found a person nearby in Germany with a Bimmer mods website and called him regarding this. He said the same that the Head unit has to be changed and this time EUR 3000.

I continued my research until i found a couple of providers who offered to provide it at a comparitively very low price. I approached kubax86 and confirmed if CP could be activated, he checked my VIN and promised it could be done. On VIN verification by myself there wasnt 6CP option available so i had a doubt if it has WIFI antenna or not. But kubax86 said it should work fine.

I purchased the required cables from Amazon and CP Activation his website
received an email after purchase along with video instructions. Activation was a cakewalk with those instructions.

After activation Carplay still didnt appear on Home and in Vehicle Settings i found CP option but couldnt check that option. I messaged him and he was readily available to answer, he said the Car must be turned off for 10 minutes. Locked the car went for a walk tried after 10 minutes and bingo it worked.

Thanks a lot kubax86 from www.bimmer-remote.com
Very kind review!
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 09:49 PM   #3
Joejoe2021
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mini cooper 2021

hi kubax86 can you help me install carplay on mini cooper. my VIN is WMWXR310702N49880. THANKS
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 03:16 AM   #4
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe2021 View Post
hi kubax86 can you help me install carplay on mini cooper. my VIN is WMWXR310702N49880. THANKS
yes, send me vin through our webstore chat
Appreciate 0