Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

05-04-2022, 08:42 PM   #67
SilverLakeM3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlong View Post
Just received my set of staggered 19" forged VS-5RS's and certainly glad I was part of the group buy. These are definitely light and look amazing.
Those look fantastic! Please share images when they're on the car as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 01:15 PM   #68
blau3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlong View Post
Just received my set of staggered 19" forged VS-5RS's and certainly glad I was part of the group buy. These are definitely light and look amazing.
We need fitted photos!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #69
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

I've had my VS-5RS wheels for about 2 months now and I'm really loving them. I opted for 10.5x18 square ET40. To clear my coilovers a 20mm spacer is needed upfront.

They are light, at least comparison to my EC7s which are about 4lbs heavier per wheel. I was surprised to feel the difference in unsprung weight when driving. It's like shedding a boat anchor.

Glad I opted for black which really hides the track rubber and brake dust.

I'm not much of a sexy car photo person but here's mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
x.shell6578.50
      06-03-2022, 02:24 PM   #70
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
I've had my VS-5RS wheels for about 2 months now and I'm really loving them. I opted for 10.5x18 square ET40. To clear my coilovers a 20mm spacer is needed upfront.

They are light, at least comparison to my EC7s which are about 4lbs heavier per wheel. I was surprised to feel the difference in unsprung weight when driving. It's like shedding a boat anchor.

Glad I opted for black which really hides the track rubber and brake dust.

I'm not much of a sexy car photo person but here's mine.
Nice, I'm glad you got those ET40s working up front with the spacers. You were on MCS suspension correct? Do you mind if we upload your photo to our photo hosting site? I try to keep images of these more aggressive fitments on hand for future customers to reference if possible.

-Tom
      06-03-2022, 02:47 PM   #71
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Nice, I'm glad you got those ET40s working up front with the spacers. You were on MCS suspension correct? Do you mind if we upload your photo to our photo hosting site? I try to keep images of these more aggressive fitments on hand for future customers to reference if possible.

-Tom
Permission granted. Yup, MCS with 5 inch spring plus helper. Here are photos showing the inner clearance with 295/30 yoko A052.

I really love these wheels. Having the extra width upfront makes a huge difference managing understeer. And being able to rotate tires will increase longevity and quickly offset the cost of these wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-14-2022, 04:57 PM   #72
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

18" VS-5RS Group Buy: Round 2

The second round of our 18” VS-5RS Group Buy is now live!

The Design

For all of you who may have missed the initial 18” Group Buy or who need second sets of our most popular design, we’ve got you covered.

VS-5RS

Our lightest wheel returns after its debut on various BMW platforms. Our take on the popular split 5 design is our most optimized wheel to date taking advantage of a number of unique features made possible by our Motorsport molds.

The Details

Fitments

Dates:

This deal is now live and locks on 7/12/2022 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. The wheels are currently scheduled to ship out in July for all BMW fitments except 18x10 ET25 which should ship in September. Visit GangUp.com for more information.

Discount: Up to $300.00 off plus Free Shipping*

Join The Gang

To streamline pledging and fitment selection, we use GangUp to track interest and pledges. This system lets you commit at your preferred discount level and removes the old-school headache of forum threads and email chains as a Group Buy heats up. Watch the video below to learn how GangUp works and how to pledge.

These Group Buys depend on the BMW enthusiast community to succeed. More pledges mean deeper discounts and more competition for popular fitments and finishes. Make sure you pledge early to get the best possible allocation for your preferred set of Sprint Line 18” wheels.

More Info

VS5-RS

Gallery

A Fitment For You

We know what fits. From direct bolt-on to aggressive track day fitments and everything in between. We've tested extensively to save you the trial-and-error.

View our fitment guides.

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexraceparts.com
Web: www.apexraceparts.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

*Free Shipping: This Group Buy offers free shipping to the 48 mainland US states. Buyers who have products shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO, and International destinations will receive a discounted shipping rate.
      06-16-2022, 03:14 PM   #73
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Got the tires mounted today.

VS-5RS __ RT660
19x9.5 +22 __ 265/35/19
19x10.5 +25 __ 295/35/19

Appreciate 2
      06-19-2022, 11:19 PM   #74
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
Got the tires mounted today.

VS-5RS __ RT660
19x9.5 +22 __ 265/35/19
19x10.5 +25 __ 295/35/19

Can't wait to see em on your car!
      06-24-2022, 04:43 PM   #75
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Our 18" VS-5RS wheels are back for another Group Buy! With a ton of inventory on hand and ready to ship, don't miss your chance to pledge for your next set of APEX Sprint Line Forged wheels!

07-08-2022, 12:24 PM   #76
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Max Discount Unlocked!

With the deal locking in 4 days, the hard work is over. We’ve secured enough pledges to lock in the max discount for everyone pledged for a set of the 18” VS-5RS Sprint Line wheels. If you’ve been on the fence about joining, now is the time! With material and shipping costs rising don’t miss out on your chance for a discounted set of these forged wheels.

07-13-2022, 10:18 PM   #77
heyyouduh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Will 18" EC7RS be available at some point?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 09:40 AM   #78
WedgeSalad
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
I've emailed them about this and they said they wouldn't be made due to lacking interest. I emailed them about m2 offsets though.
Appreciate 1
heyyouduh134.00
      07-14-2022, 07:35 PM   #79
heyyouduh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeSalad View Post
I've emailed them about this and they said they wouldn't be made due to lacking interest. I emailed them about m2 offsets though.
Thanks. At least there's EC7R
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2022, 05:21 PM   #80
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyouduh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeSalad View Post
Currently, we don't have plans to offer the EC-7RS in 18" BMW fitments as WedgeSalad mentioned above. There was a surprising lack of interest both for the 19s and 18s among customers we've talked to thus far so we've focused on expanding fitment options and all new Sprint Line designs for the time being.

-Tom
      08-03-2022, 05:22 PM   #81
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

APEX Wheel Replacement Program

While we've mentioned the program on these threads before, we wanted to share this freshly released video going through our Wheel Replacement Program with you all. This program is an under-appreciated part of buying APEX wheels that can be hugely valuable if you go off track midway through a lap or tackle the median of the street outside Cars & Coffee.

Our goal wasn't just to make pushing your car to the limit more affordable but also to reduce the chances of a bent wheel being sold on the aftermarket. All 4 wheel set orders are eligible for this program and while we hope you won’t have to use it, you’re covered if you do.

09-22-2022, 01:43 PM   #82
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Our First-Ever 20” Wheels Are Here!

The Design

VS-5RS

Our popular VS-5RS design is back and bigger than ever before. Our all-new 20” VS-5RS fitments are APEX’s first-ever foray into 20” diameter wheels and we couldn’t be more excited for their arrival. While we’ve historically focused on compact and efficient fitments that clear massive brakes with smaller wheel diameters, 20” wheels have become a necessity as the cars we support grow larger and more powerful with each successive generation.

We also recongize the massive contingent of our customer base and enthusiast community that appreciates the unmatched performance features and support APEX provides while preferring the aesthetics of larger diameter wheels. Careful optimization of these wheel designs by our engineering team has helped to minimize the weight penalty of a larger diameter wheel while our already stellar brake clearances have significantly improved. These new fitments cover a large range of BMW M chassis across multiple generations and bolt patterns with a few versatile fitments and represent the beginning of our 20” wheel lines. Help us and the Gang unlock the max discount by joining this Group Buy.

APEX 5x120 M Fitments:

Our popular F8X staggered fitment has been reborn. With a 20x9.5 ET22 front and 20x11 ET44 included in this Group Buy launch, F8X M3 and M4 customers have another great option available in offsets developed specifically for their chassis. Beyond the M3 and M4, motivated F87 M2 owners looking for an aggressive flush fitment need look no further.

E9X M3 and F10 M5 enthusiasts looking for an aggressive street fitment can also run these wheels with rear spacers.

The Details

Fitments

Dates:

This deal is now live and locks on October 27th, 2022 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. The wheels are currently scheduled to ship out at the end of December for all fitments. Visit GangUp.com for more information.

More Colors Than Ever Before:

In addition to an all new diameter, this Group Buy is our first forged Sprint Group Buy to offer 5 finishes at launch. Beyond our usual trio of Anthracite, Brushed Clear, and Satin Black we’re adding Satin Bronze and the all new Motorsport Gold to the lineup. We’ll soon have renders of Motorsport Gold to give you a better look, but we’re excited about this lighter gold option for a more subtle look.

Discount: Up to $500.00 off plus Free Shipping*

Join The Gang

To streamline pledging and fitment selection, we use GangUp to track interest and pledges. This system lets you commit at your preferred discount level and removes the old-school headache of forum threads and email chains as a Group Buy heats up. Watch the video below to learn how GangUp works and how to pledge.

These Group Buys depend on the BMW enthusiast community to succeed. More pledges mean deeper discounts and more competition for popular fitments and finishes. With more finishes offered than any prior forged release and limited inbound quantities make sure you pledge early to get the best possible allocation for your preferred set of VS-5RS 20” wheels.

Do you want to ensure that you receive the Max Discount? Once your pledge is locked in, help expand the Gang and share this deal. More pledges mean deeper discounts for both yourself and your fellow enthusiasts. Be sure to share this deal with anyone that might appreciate a discount on a set of our lightest-ever wheels.

Join Now

More Info

VS5-RS

Gallery

A Fitment For You

We know what fits. From direct bolt-on to Spec Race fitments and everything in between. We've tested extensively to save you the trial-and-error.

View our fitment guides.

Questions?
Call: 925-245-0773
Email: expert@apexraceparts.com
Web: www.apexraceparts.com
Hours: M-F 9a-5p PST

*Free Shipping: This Group Buy offers free shipping to the 48 mainland US states. Buyers who have products shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, APO/FPO, and International destinations will receive a discounted shipping rate.

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 09-22-2022 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: APEX | 20" VS-5RS Sprint Line Forged Group Buy - Up to $500.00 off + free shipping*
Appreciate 1
x.shell6578.50
      09-30-2022, 02:40 PM   #83
njavier03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

are there any codes for wheels that aren't on sale at the moment?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2022, 12:52 PM   #84
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njavier03 View Post
are there any codes for wheels that aren't on sale at the moment?
Not currently, but aside from our 20" Group Buy we'll be discounting our wheels across the board during Black Friday!

-Tom
      10-11-2022, 12:57 PM   #85
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

VS-5RS Finish Update

We’re adding new finish options to our 5x120 and 5x112 BMW lines!

For those of you not following along with our 20” Group Buy updates, here’s a better look at our all new Motorsport Gold finish alongside our other finish options:

Video Correction: Brushed Clear is a hand-brushed finish applied after the machining that eliminates machining marks on the surface of the wheel.

This finish is arriving first in our 20” and OEM+ 19” F8X fitments but let us know if you’d like to see it expanded into our other VS-5RS fitments!

We’re also adding Satin Bronze to 18”, 19”, and our incoming 20” fitments. alkatraz’s M2 did a fantastic job of showcasing this all new finish on his new VS-5RS set:

11-23-2022, 06:25 PM   #86
ApexWheels
Rep

Our Black Friday sale is Live!

Save 15% on our EC-7RS and 10% on our VS-5RS wheels.

This sale includes our first 18” EC-7RS BMW wheels in our 3 best selling fitments of 18x9 ET30, 18x9.5 E35 and 18x10 ET25. They’re arriving in Early December, but be one of the first to lock in a set with a deep Black Friday discount.

Speaking of 18x10 ET25, we hope you’ll enjoy this look at 18x10 ET25 square on an E46 M3 featuring our VS-5RS wheels.

Wheels: 18x10 ET25 Front and Rear
Tires: 275/35-18 Nitto NT01s

This setup requires significant negative camber and often front spacers are required, but it’s a great option for track-focused E46s as well as being our most popular wheel setup for the E9X M3.

11-28-2022, 07:16 PM   #87
ApexWheels
Rep

​​
      01-03-2023, 06:54 PM   #88
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Our VS-5RS is inbound with additional finish options and the release of our 20” fitments as well. Satin Bronze and Motorsport Gold round out the lineup and will become available in a wider variety of diameters and fitments as time goes on for those looking for a unique finish.

We have a number of 19 and 20 fitments already available in these 2 finishes. Standard production wheels will have the Satin Motorsport Gold option.

Motorsport Gold & Limited production Gloss Gold update

Motorsport Gold Render (standard production, Satin finish):

We also have a few limited production Gloss versions of this color available in a single staggered F87 M2 and F8X M3/4 fitment. These wheels were produced in our first run and have a clear coat applied that gives the surface a more shiny/reflective appearance:

Gloss Gold examples:

These limited production Gloss Wheels are only available in our 19” staggered fitment with 19x9 ET30 front and 19x10 ET40 Rear wheels. If you are interested in ordering a set of these gloss units, you’ll need to email expert@apexraceparts as they won’t be listed on our website. We’ll be offering a 10% discount on these orders while supplies last (Only 2 sets currently available). If you are interested, please include “Gloss Gold” in the subject line of your email and I can work with our team on your order!

-Tom