Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2020, 09:14 AM   #23
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
4598
Rep
4,266
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

I'm trying to read the thread before it's shutdown. We are up in Acadia Biking and hiking.

It's been nice catching up.

Peace out.
Appreciate 3
MFNATIK3446.00
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 09:25 AM   #24
1stockf80
Private First Class
92
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2017 f80
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: commack ny

iTrader: (0)

Look what if I found. This is what happened to a forum member this past week
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 1stockf80; 09-26-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #25
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
19668
Rep
20,271
Posts

Drives: 2021 911 turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Wow, seeing a lot of old "faces" in here. Many of you I recognize from at least 2014 when I first joined Bimmerpost when I was so excited about the new design. Those were the good old days here when we all were so hyped about getting our F8Xs and posting our Euro Deliveries. Times sure have changed for the worst globally and here in the US. The G8X is quite apropos IMO for these strange times. It's been a pleasure hanging in here.

BTW, I did hear from a friend and another stranger I met on these these forums is that F80 prices seem to be pretty stable if not stregnthening in the used market with individual cars commanding strong premiums as well. Not sure if this is a reaction to the G8X but it does seem strange since we are in a recession and pandemic. Possibly a good sign for those of us who are keeping our cars long term.
That's always been the case in the production lull period between two M3(4) generations. Prices of the outgoing gen are maintained due to the low availability. I am quite sure F8X prices will plumet once the G8X hit the showrooms and become available.
__________________
Porsche 911 turbo 2021 992 GT Silver

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 10:02 AM   #26
ellipsis212
Lieutenant Colonel
ellipsis212's Avatar
1280
Rep
1,952
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RVA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
There's a gray area between expressing dissatisfaction and derailing any productive discussion on any forum and I have to think the mods are genuinely trying to maintain that. However, I think they're missing the mark by banning long-time members which are not by definition trolls.

I've been here for years across 3 different platforms and have learned and hopefully contributed my fair share while also participating in local clubs and meets which ultimately promote the brand. If someone tells me that I only dislike the new design because I'm scared of becoming irrelevant then I should at least be able to clap back with honest reasons why without having my posts deleted.

It has been a bit shocking to watch them try to artificially shape the apparent level of enthusiasm for the new car. That cannot be the ethos of any brand that wants to cultivate a genuine enthusiast community. Someday there may be some hand-wringing over how this was mishandled but for now it's just humans making bad decisions together.
Appreciate 8
Fahrt718.50
minn1911925.50
GrussGott17067.50
pbar1205.50
J-RO1634.50
      09-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #27
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
3446
Rep
3,728
Posts

Drives: Trek Domane
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mexicali

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
That's always been the case in the production lull period between two M3(4) generations. Prices of the outgoing gen are maintained due to the low availability. I am quite sure F8X prices will plumet once the G8X hit the showrooms and become available.
Yeah, plus a lot of the last of the 2018 F80s will be coming off leases next year will be flooding the market at the same time.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott17067.50
      09-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #28
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
719
Rep
1,010
Posts

Drives: Nope, prefer the 3-Wood
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
BTW, I did hear from a friend and another stranger I met on these these forums is that F80 prices seem to be pretty stable if not stregnthening in the used market with individual cars commanding strong premiums as well. Not sure if this is a reaction to the G8X but it does seem strange since we are in a recession and pandemic. Possibly a good sign for those of us who are keeping our cars long term.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
That's always been the case in the production lull period between two M3(4) generations. Prices of the outgoing gen are maintained due to the low availability. I am quite sure F8X prices will plumet once the G8X hit the showrooms and become available.
Some of it is also the diminished inventory available in the used car market...look at your local dealer lots and they are likely relatively low on inventory. My '18 F80 with a 78K sticker that I paid 68K for after negotiating and incentives recently was quoted at 55K trade in to CarMax with 10,500 miles on it...not a bad price to own for nearly 3 years (will be in November)....but once the new ones come out the real BMW depreciation curve will hit and it will plummet quickly back into the mid to low 40s.
__________________
Drive the Manual
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3446.00
      09-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #29
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
719
Rep
1,010
Posts

Drives: Nope, prefer the 3-Wood
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
...but for now it's just humans making bad decisions together.


For some reason makes me think of the too many Monty Python movies and skits I ingested as a late teen, the humanity of that statement just made me LOL...thanks for that.
__________________
Drive the Manual
Appreciate 3
minn1911925.50
agentrnge272.50
      09-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
7910
Rep
4,449
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

I have nothing constructive to say about the G8x and recognize in recents months that BPost has started to invest more effort in making sure people’s feelings aren’t hurt, so I haven’t been over there.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 4
Fahrt718.50
ntg442722.50
SakhirM410734.00
J-RO1634.50
      09-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #31
1stockf80
Private First Class
92
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2017 f80
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: commack ny

iTrader: (0)

I understand the lack of availability driving up prices but idk if the release of the g80 will decrease values of f80s in this case. Going to be interesting to see how the sales number looks. Used car lots are making posts asking to take over f80 leases before tbeh are returned. They want f80s badly
Appreciate 1
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 10:13 AM   #32
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
nioh_lbbm2's Avatar
1647
Rep
1,921
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

G80 is an embarrassment to German luxury and the new head of BMW design should be ashamed. The GTS trim looks like a freaking 13 year old's idea of a race car. It's Honda ricer's wet dream. Definitely going to Audi or more likely Mercedes for my next vehicle.

Everything that makes BMW a BMW is gone. I mean shit even the latest Hyundai G series is sexier
Appreciate 7
MFNATIK3446.00
alex23641770.00
Fahrt718.50
The_Werm107.50
GrussGott17067.50
bm4w141.00
      09-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #33
six75LT
First Lieutenant
907
Rep
362
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

if this generation wasnt such a disaster maybe we wouldn't have to express our dislike for it repeatedly (or "trolling" in the eyes of the mods)
Appreciate 4
MFNATIK3446.00
Fahrt718.50
The_Werm107.50
      09-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #34
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
3446
Rep
3,728
Posts

Drives: Trek Domane
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mexicali

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
G80 is an embarrassment to German luxury and the new head of BMW design should be ashamed. The GTS trim looks like a freaking 13 year old's idea of a race car. It's Honda ricer's wet dream. Definitely going to Audi or more likely Mercedes for my next vehicle.

Everything that makes BMW a BMW is gone. I mean shit even the latest Hyundai G series is sexier
It's posts like this that for me banned lol. But I feel ya man. I wonder if the Genesis G80 was named on purpose too mirror the BMW chassis code? I mean they do have Albert Biermann ringing things there and you can see his influence on their brand.
Appreciate 6
nioh_lbbm21647.00
Fahrt718.50
The_Werm107.50
GrussGott17067.50
bm4w141.00
      09-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #35
DDD31
Captain
DDD31's Avatar
1558
Rep
870
Posts

Drives: 2021 MBB M5C
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stockf80 View Post
I understand the lack of availability driving up prices but idk if the release of the g80 will decrease values of f80s in this case. Going to be interesting to see how the sales number looks. Used car lots are making posts asking to take over f80 leases before tbeh are returned. They want f80s badly
Very true, I just got a letter from my local BMW dealer to turn in my f80 lease 1 year early to “upgrade” to an m340i for less than I’m paying on my current lease. I want to email back and ask how the hell is that an upgrade.
Appreciate 2
      09-26-2020, 10:39 AM   #36
1stockf80
Private First Class
92
Rep
126
Posts

Drives: 2017 f80
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: commack ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Very true, I just got a letter from my local BMW dealer to turn in my f80 lease 1 year early to “upgrade” to an m340i for less than I’m paying on my current lease. I want to email back and ask how the hell is that an upgrade.
I think they are telling you that a new m340i is better than the g80 lmao. A 340 maybe a better route rather than leasing a g80.
Appreciate 1
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #37
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
nioh_lbbm2's Avatar
1647
Rep
1,921
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
G80 is an embarrassment to German luxury and the new head of BMW design should be ashamed. The GTS trim looks like a freaking 13 year old's idea of a race car. It's Honda ricer's wet dream. Definitely going to Audi or more likely Mercedes for my next vehicle.

Everything that makes BMW a BMW is gone. I mean shit even the latest Hyundai G series is sexier
It's posts like this that for me banned lol. But I feel ya man. I wonder if the Genesis G80 was named on purpose too mirror the BMW chassis code? I mean they do have Albert Biermann ringing things there and you can see his influence on their brand.
Let them have their echo chamber. Idiots these days can't receive the slightest dissent without being triggered mUh SaFe SpAcE.


The Hyundai G70 and G80 design is very elegant thanks to Albert.

The new BMW chief Dukec has turned BMW into a joke. Did y'all see his response to the criticism? Dude lives in a bubble. It's like when your boss only got the job due to nepotism and the employees are rightfully afraid to voice their criticism to the boss' ideas.
Appreciate 7
Fahrt718.50
MFNATIK3446.00
bm4w141.00
Germanauto8177.50
Tangent211.50
      09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #38
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
4410
Rep
3,306
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

The fact some people can get offended about what someone else thinks about a car they had zero Inuit in developing shoes how over woke and sensitive people have become.

I'd like to see how the forum rule is written. I get you shouldnt call someone stupid for liking the way a car looks, but saying a car like the G8x is ugly and a complete disaster is frankly a good thing to have in a forum. Feedback is critical to development.

First the political section and now only positive comments about BMWs?! This forum is becoming a place not for me.
Appreciate 8
RickFLM47910.00
Fahrt718.50
MFNATIK3446.00
The_Werm107.50
bm4w141.00
SakhirM410734.00
Tangent211.50
      09-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #39
Slowphiveo
Captain
Slowphiveo's Avatar
United_States
1451
Rep
870
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

What I will say is this...BMW has shown that they can recover from poor design choices (and designers...Looking at you Chris Bangle). My guess is that BMW does not have their head in the sand, but rather is realizing that this design architecture is quite polarizing, however they also have a burgeoning car market in China that is clamoring for crap like what they produced and they are trying to walk the fine line between pleasing that market and retaining their tried and true western buyers. They took a gamble and it seems to initially be a thud. The problem is they just can't mothball it and throw it away at this juncture. They have unzipped their pants and the urine is already flowing. The best hope is a softening of the front end with an LCI refresh...and hopefully a short lifespan of the G series and a quick launch of the next generation by maybe 2025? I have faith they will come around again. They did after the Bangle adventure and I'm sure they will after this. Sometimes you miss when you swing hard, sometimes you hit a homerun. This appears to be a hard miss. I'm not ready to give up on the brand yet, but I'll be holding on to my F82 for a while.
Appreciate 4
Fahrt718.50
White3401064.50
      09-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #40
ellipsis212
Lieutenant Colonel
ellipsis212's Avatar
1280
Rep
1,952
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: RVA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
...but for now it's just humans making bad decisions together.


For some reason makes me think of the too many Monty Python movies and skits I ingested as a late teen, the humanity of that statement just made me LOL...thanks for that.
It's definitely an ongoing influence for me 😆
Appreciate 1
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #41
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
3446
Rep
3,728
Posts

Drives: Trek Domane
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Mexicali

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowphiveo View Post
What I will say is this...BMW has shown that they can recover from poor design choices (and designers...Looking at you Chris Bangle). My guess is that BMW does not have their head in the sand, but rather is realizing that this design architecture is quite polarizing, however they also have a burgeoning car market in China that is clamoring for crap like what they produced and they are trying to walk the fine line between pleasing that market and retaining their tried and true western buyers. They took a gamble and it seems to initially be a thud. The problem is they just can't mothball it and throw it away at this juncture. They have unzipped their pants and the urine is already flowing. The best hope is a softening of the front end with an LCI refresh...and hopefully a short lifespan of the G series and a quick launch of the next generation by maybe 2025? I have faith they will come around again. They did after the Bangle adventure and I'm sure they will after this. Sometimes you miss when you swing hard, sometimes you hit a homerun. This appears to be a hard miss. I'm not ready to give up on the brand yet, but I'll be holding on to my F82 for a while.
I know you mean well but you're giving Dukec far more credit than Chris Bangle b/c Bangle made one minor misstep that turned into an industry trend that others copied. So if anything, Bangle was pushing the boundaries for BMW and in some ways was ahead of his time, which BMW came to realize that's really not what the typical BMW owners/enthusiasts want. We prefer our cars sporty but classy, not over styled.

Dukec is overturning decades of BMW language (removing the H-kink, using a vertical grille, copying Japanese cars in general, etc) and destroying the way we see BMWs. Now I have to do a double take anytime I see a G20 on the road b/c I can't tell it from a Lexus until I get close enough to see the badge. That to me is a BAD thing. Its like BMW has lost its identity while trying to be "different" when in reality, BMW was already different b/c they were, BMW.

Hopefully BMW get's a clue and does a quick LCI in 2 years and a complete redesign or sunsetting of the G series in 4-5 years. Might as well since EVs are about to take over soon anyways in about 10 years.
Appreciate 7
The_Werm107.50
GrussGott17067.50
minn1911925.50
ntg442722.50
ra2289278.00
Fahrt718.50
      09-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #42
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
4410
Rep
3,306
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Its strange because BMW was the brand many cars tried to copy, but now its like BMW is trying to copy those brands?

Its a very poor move and I'll keep and love my F80, but wont be going back to BMW for any car in the future. Ill look at other german brands that still look like german brands.
Appreciate 9
MFNATIK3446.00
The_Werm107.50
nioh_lbbm21647.00
bradleym277.50
ra2289278.00
Fahrt718.50
Tangent211.50
BigHunk261.00
      09-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #43
NSX2M4
Lieutenant
655
Rep
582
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FTL, FL

iTrader: (1)

They should of NEVER teamed up with Toyota...LOL
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3446.00
      09-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #44
R N M
Lieutenant Colonel
R N M's Avatar
2692
Rep
1,647
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yes i was banned/blocked as well from G8x forum with no warning.
This is unbelievable after being a member here since 2009 - never experienced anything like this on any car forum.

My thread in Site Suggestion forum was also deleted about this issue so this one will be gone shortly......
__________________
Current
2018 F80 ///M3 CompPack; 2020 BMW X3 M40i
2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEBobwprGtA)
Previous: 2016 F80 ///M3; 2013 F10 535i MSport; 2012 F10 528i MSport; 2009 E92 335i MSport
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST