Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-30-2022, 03:49 PM   #1
yami sukehiro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

F80 M3 Buying Advice

Because of my upcoming move to the bay area, I decided I will be cancelling my order for the g80 m3 especially since I'm #4 on the waitlist and the wait just doesn't fit my timeline at all (and I'll also be not killing my wallet C: ).

I still want an M3 so I'm looking at f80 m3s now, preferably the 2018 model year since I'd like the latest of this generation.

(From briefly looking at the ordering guide) I'm looking for a fully loaded model with respect to the competition + executive + driver assistance pkg + DCT. I'd also prefer to get the blind spot detection + carplay. Is this possible in today's market? I would prefer to be somewhere in the $60ks with < 30k miles. I've seen some people saying they've been able to get a CPO with < 25k miles in the 60ks.

This would be my first car and thus also my first used car so is there anything I should know before buying? The main thing I've heard is to look for CPO models so I can have some sort of manufacture warranty. Also, any specific sites or places that I should be looking from? Right now I've started to briefly browse cars.com and similar sites.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 10:15 AM   #2
JMD2018F80
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 Q50 AWD ( DD ) 2018 M3

I just picked up a CPO 2018 M3 almost 3 weeks ago. There's not many certified ones left in states. Maybe 20. I paid $62,500 plus t&t etc with 21K miles. Mine is not a competition just to give you a reference in regards to price.
Any other questions you have, PM me.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2023, 09:28 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by yami sukehiro View Post
Because of my upcoming move to the bay area, I decided I will be cancelling my order for the g80 m3 especially since I'm #4 on the waitlist and the wait just doesn't fit my timeline at all (and I'll also be not killing my wallet C: ).

I still want an M3 so I'm looking at f80 m3s now, preferably the 2018 model year since I'd like the latest of this generation.

(From briefly looking at the ordering guide) I'm looking for a fully loaded model with respect to the competition + executive + driver assistance pkg + DCT. I'd also prefer to get the blind spot detection + carplay. Is this possible in today's market? I would prefer to be somewhere in the $60ks with < 30k miles. I've seen some people saying they've been able to get a CPO with < 25k miles in the 60ks.

This would be my first car and thus also my first used car so is there anything I should know before buying? The main thing I've heard is to look for CPO models so I can have some sort of manufacture warranty. Also, any specific sites or places that I should be looking from? Right now I've started to briefly browse cars.com and similar sites.
F80 is better anyway. Wise choice.
Appreciate 0