EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

03-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #23
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Did anybody order from Shifteck recently ?

Placed studs order online back in mid February, they charged the card, week after USPS shipping label was created, but it is still in Pre-Shipment as of today.

Tried email multiple times and to call phone number in contacts (answering machine, suggesting to use email), week ago got some email response back with no actual order status, or when it will be shipped.

Are they out of business, or price just too good to be true ? Will wait another week and will dispute the charge - there is no way to cancel the order.
"If you want a car for track use, if want to go every other weekend fight-to-fight stopwatch to your local track: go for PDK, definitely. If you use the car, maybe not on track but as a daily commuter going through traffic: take the PDK. But you want a driver's car, a fun car: take the manual. [...]"
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #24
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Think they're still active since they are still posting on IG.
Appreciate 1
dim635csi203.00
      03-06-2018, 08:00 AM   #25
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
Slip a screw driver in the rotor vanes. Wrap a towel around the handle and let it butt up against the caliper.
>>>>slapping forehead<<<<
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #26
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
>>>>slapping forehead<<<<
Hahaha. This is more common than you think. You only need 25-35 ft lbs. You can do this without damaging anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #27
dim635csi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MG F82 M4 ZCP

Those guys at Shifteck are AWOL. Try to call before ordering.

Quote:
Your package is on its way to a USPS facility. Sign up to get updates, and we'll send you a delivery date and time when available.

Status

Pre-Shipment
February 22, 2018
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
"If you want a car for track use, if want to go every other weekend fight-to-fight stopwatch to your local track: go for PDK, definitely. If you use the car, maybe not on track but as a daily commuter going through traffic: take the PDK. But you want a driver's car, a fun car: take the manual. [...]"
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 10:00 PM   #28
Jbrown7403
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
I just picked up these Shifteck Wheel studs. Retail is $84.95, but they were running a special they announced if you follow their IG. So I purchased a set at the deal they were offering.

Yes, I'm a big fan of theirs as I also own their downpipes. Mainly I like they offer quality products without jamming you with the ///MTax. Sure wheel studs can be $189+, but do they NEED to be?

Anyway, IIRC the specs are grade 10.9 Hardened steel. The lugs are a steel alloy that are actually quite lightweight. They told me the materials, but I'm not sure if that's proprietary or not - if you ask I'm sure they'll tell. At first I thought they may have been aluminum (which I dislike) until I put them in my Magnet tray. They were magnetic, but barely.

Anyway, here's my install with pics. This is a no brainer. So easy a caveman can do it.

75MM stud kit. 14MM for F3X/F8X. With 17MM open ended lugs.

Stock wheel bolts vs. Shifteck Wheel Studs

Jack/Raise up the car

I started with the rear and all pics are of the rear since this is the end most sensitive to fitment with spacers. I ended up with 15mm rear, 12mm front after playing around with it. I don't think any tire wider than 285 with OEM 437 would fit IMO. Car is lowered on H&R "SUPER" sport springs - the lower of their two offerings. Stock Alignment. I hope I can run 295's in back with more negative camber in the rear.

I chose Blue Thread lock for this purpose. I run Red on my E92 track car since Wheels on and off a lot. F80 not so much. FYI Permatex Blue smells delicious.

#5 Hex Socket. Torque bar set to 18 ft. lbs. (~25nm) That's a Matco Factory set 25nm torque bar. Just a hair over 18 ft. lbs. It helps to tap the socket until it bottoms out in the stud just to make sure it's fully engaged before torquing to prevent rounding out.

Done.

No Spacer

12mm Spacer

15mm spacer

This is how far they extend without spacers at all

with 12mm spacers

with 15mm spacers

So far so good. No vibrations and I check the torque after every drive. None have backed out and the lugs have not loosened.

I have a track day on the 30th of this month so I'll take the car out and see how everything stays together.

Hello, I ran across your thread while researching wheel studs for my F82. Would you still recommend Shifteck studs and lug nuts? Any issues? Thanks in advance and cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 10:17 PM   #29
MasterP
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
Quote:
I just picked up these Shifteck Wheel studs. Retail is $84.95, but they were running a special they announced if you follow their IG. So I purchased a set at the deal they were offering.

Yes, I'm a big fan of theirs as I also own their downpipes. Mainly I like they offer quality products without jamming you with the ///MTax. Sure wheel studs can be $189+, but do they NEED to be?

Anyway, IIRC the specs are grade 10.9 Hardened steel. The lugs are a steel alloy that are actually quite lightweight. They told me the materials, but I'm not sure if that's proprietary or not - if you ask I'm sure they'll tell. At first I thought they may have been aluminum (which I dislike) until I put them in my Magnet tray. They were magnetic, but barely.

Anyway, here's my install with pics. This is a no brainer. So easy a caveman can do it.

75MM stud kit. 14MM for F3X/F8X. With 17MM open ended lugs.

Stock wheel bolts vs. Shifteck Wheel Studs

Jack/Raise up the car

I started with the rear and all pics are of the rear since this is the end most sensitive to fitment with spacers. I ended up with 15mm rear, 12mm front after playing around with it. I don't think any tire wider than 285 with OEM 437 would fit IMO. Car is lowered on H&R "SUPER" sport springs - the lower of their two offerings. Stock Alignment. I hope I can run 295's in back with more negative camber in the rear.

I chose Blue Thread lock for this purpose. I run Red on my E92 track car since Wheels on and off a lot. F80 not so much. FYI Permatex Blue smells delicious.

#5 Hex Socket. Torque bar set to 18 ft. lbs. (~25nm) That's a Matco Factory set 25nm torque bar. Just a hair over 18 ft. lbs. It helps to tap the socket until it bottoms out in the stud just to make sure it's fully engaged before torquing to prevent rounding out.

Done.

No Spacer

12mm Spacer

15mm spacer

This is how far they extend without spacers at all

with 12mm spacers

with 15mm spacers

So far so good. No vibrations and I check the torque after every drive. None have backed out and the lugs have not loosened.

I have a track day on the 30th of this month so I'll take the car out and see how everything stays together.

Hello, I ran across your thread while researching wheel studs for my F82. Would you still recommend Shifteck studs and lug nuts? Any issues? Thanks in advance and cheers!
Yeah I would. They have been fine and had no issues. I had MRG titanium but those required a lot of care when using. No impacts. Make sure threads are super clean, etc.

I've gone back to steel studs.
Appreciate 1
Jbrown74032636.50