Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-16-2021, 07:51 AM   #23
JamesF80m3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXPETE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesF80m3 View Post
Pressure tested the system, zero leaks found. But after doing another log on a different tank of E85 the WGDC dropped significantly, its now around 82-85, waiting for a response from cary.
Hopefully it is the fuel. I know 2 other people personally that are having the same issue including myself. Pretty f'n odd.
It's just weird that I told cary it might be the fuel or the temperature inside the dyno shop and he just told me it was a boost leak. Then had to wait a week or so to have a boost leak test done to find nothing is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 07:23 PM   #24
Sidcley
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
It's just weird that I told cary it might be the fuel or the temperature inside the dyno shop and he just told me it was a boost leak. Then had to wait a week or so to have a boost leak test done to find nothing is wrong.
So what happened to you in the end?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 09:35 AM   #25
JamesF80m3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidcley View Post
Quote:
So what happened to you in the end?
So it was very cold outside and cary didn't know i was at a indoor dyno and thought my WGDC shouldn't be that high for the temperature outside. My WGDC ended up being the same as it got warmer outside
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5457.00
      11-15-2023, 08:46 AM   #26
jona9876
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Hello!
Adding to the knowledge bank here:

I have pure twin S2+ turbos, I was having the exact same issues with the wastegate at 99. My tuner told me it was a leak and I tested and found no leak. It ended up being wastegate calibration in ISTA. The standard position is zero with a possible deviation of .5 mm. My skates were both at 3 mm. After fixing that issue, and now down to high 80s low 90s (I’m in Florida so very very hot air)
Appreciate 2